Brightside Academy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Teacher Interview

Assistant Teacher
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brightside Academy in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through a job lead on a website and received a call the next day. the lady was very nice and we scheduled a telephone interview for the next morning. When responding to the ad for the job I made sure I notated that had the credentials and that could provide the necessary documentation if needed.

Interview Question – Veri smooth and she was nice and answered promptly and professionally.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Speak like you have some sense and speak with certainty. If you can negotiate, do so !

Assistant Teacher Interview

Assistant Teacher

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Brightside Academy.

Interview Details – I went to an open house job fair kind of thing. I was interviewed by two program directors. Got a call back two weeks later. Hiring process was time consuming, had to get in a lot of paper work done and certifications online (which are free), had to pay $127 to get fingerprinted, fee was not waived. Hiring manager seemed under a lot of stress and forgot some manners and interpersonal skills, should have been a warning sign to not work there.

Interview Question – Many questions were about classroom situations, what would you do if...
Must know something about curriculums for ECE or have that experience with kids for them to even hire you.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, they called me told me I made 10.75 and they could not pay more.

Lead Teacher Interview

Lead Teacher
Bronx, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Brightside Academy in January 2011.

Interview Details – Takes several months between being interviewed, receiving offer and actually starting/ Horrible slow process...but once you get there you're anxious to leave.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The ABD there creates these salaries off of a whim as if she is doing you a huge favor.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brightside Academy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brightside Academy interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Brightside Academy employees and interview candidates.