Brightside Academy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brightside Academy

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Brightside Academy in January 2010.

Interview was fine. I interviewed twice over the phone and twice in person. I got a sense of what they were looking for. They were very quick to let me know where I stood in the process.

Negotiations were smooth

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Brightside Academy in October 2013.

Applied through a job lead on a website and received a call the next day. the lady was very nice and we scheduled a telephone interview for the next morning. When responding to the ad for the job I made sure I notated that had the credentials and that could provide the necessary documentation if needed.

Interview Questions
    • Veri smooth and she was nice and answered promptly and professionally.   Answer Question
    Speak like you have some sense and speak with certainty. If you can negotiate, do so !

Assistant Teacher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Brightside Academy.

I went to an open house job fair kind of thing. I was interviewed by two program directors. Got a call back two weeks later. Hiring process was time consuming, had to get in a lot of paper work done and certifications online (which are free), had to pay $127 to get fingerprinted, fee was not waived. Hiring manager seemed under a lot of stress and forgot some manners and interpersonal skills, should have been a warning sign to not work there.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions were about classroom situations, what would you do if...
      Must know something about curriculums for ECE or have that experience with kids for them to even hire you.
        Answer Question
    There was none, they called me told me I made 10.75 and they could not pay more.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Brightside Academy in January 2011.

Takes several months between being interviewed, receiving offer and actually starting/ Horrible slow process...but once you get there you're anxious to leave.

Interview Questions
    The ABD there creates these salaries off of a whim as if she is doing you a huge favor.

Worked for Brightside Academy? Contribute to the Community!