Brightside Academy Interview Questions

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brightside Academy

Lead Infant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Bronx, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was given a face to face interview. I was hired on the spot, given requirements I needed to fulfill before beginning. I went online and was able to get the certification for free. I paid 127$ yo be fingerprinted by an agency, which is not the DOE.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't think to negotiate

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Not much. The interview took less than 20 min. Manager needed cooks asap. Questions pertained to food and cooking skills. Job responsibilities was not explained totally. I was given a tour of the facility and kitchen. I was not told about the division in management. I found that out after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a nyc food hamdlers Do I know how to cook Have I ever cooked for children   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightside Academy in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by HR rep the following day. I was asked typical interview questions and question related to the position. Based on the phone interview I was then invited to meet for an interview with the academy director at the center

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Akron, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through a job lead on a website and received a call the next day. the lady was very nice and we scheduled a telephone interview for the next morning. When responding to the ad for the job I made sure I notated that had the credentials and that could provide the necessary documentation if needed.

Interview Questions

• Veri smooth and she was nice and answered promptly and professionally.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Speak like you have some sense and speak with certainty. If you can negotiate, do so !

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brightside Academy.

Interview

I went to an open house job fair kind of thing. I was interviewed by two program directors. Got a call back two weeks later. Hiring process was time consuming, had to get in a lot of paper work done and certifications online (which are free), had to pay $127 to get fingerprinted, fee was not waived. Hiring manager seemed under a lot of stress and forgot some manners and interpersonal skills, should have been a warning sign to not work there.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were about classroom situations, what would you do if... Must know something about curriculums for ECE or have that experience with kids for them to even hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, they called me told me I made 10.75 and they could not pay more.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brightside Academy in May 2011.

Interview

A group interview-interviewed by many individuals. I was called after answering an internet ad. I was called by the company HR department in Pittsburgh, but I was interviewed at one of the centers in Brooklyn, the one in which I eventually worked.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Bronx, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Takes several months between being interviewed, receiving offer and actually starting/ Horrible slow process...but once you get there you're anxious to leave.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The ABD there creates these salaries off of a whim as if she is doing you a huge favor.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightside Academy (Akron, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

Interview was fine. I interviewed twice over the phone and twice in person. I got a sense of what they were looking for. They were very quick to let me know where I stood in the process.

Negotiation

Negotiations were smooth