Brightsource Energy

Brightsource Energy Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

Director of Human Resources Interview

In person interview with VP of HR. She never responded to follow up emails about the status of my candidacy. Extraordinarily unprofessional for someone at her level. In my career refusing to follow up with a candidate after you bring them into the office is unheard of.

Interview Questions
    • She didn't really interview me, she left the room and handed me off to a subordinate.   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brightsource Energy.

Initial phone screen, two rounds of 1:1 interviews with which included the Project team, FP&A team, Development team, HR and the CFO

Stability of the company

Entry Level Marketing Role Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brightsource Energy.

Initial screening, then phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person third round interview with 5 of the employees there. Hiring manager was nice enough, but I could tell after speaking with the rest of the interviewers that they weren't interested with speaking with me at all. The last interviewer came in, chucked his business card at me, and then proceeded to interrogate me in an abrasive manner. Not to mention he threw in some strong profanity as well. It was completely unprofessional.

Software Developer Interview

there was no phone screening, only 3 interviews. the first was theoretical and involved writing pseudocode to solve algorithmic problems. the second was a programming interview, on a laptop, where i had to write code that would solve a problem, and get the code to work.

Interview Questions
    • i can't specify the contents of he questions, but the most difficult one was an very hard algorithmic question, and the purpose was not for me to solve it, but rather see my thought process.   Answer Question
    short