Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Brightsource Energy
- Software Developer (1)
- Senior Financial Analyst (1)
- Director of Human Resources (1)
- Entry Level Marketing Role (1)
- No Offer
In person interview with VP of HR. She never responded to follow up emails about the status of my candidacy. Extraordinarily unprofessional for someone at her level. In my career refusing to follow up with a candidate after you bring them into the office is unheard of.
- She didn't really interview me, she left the room and handed me off to a subordinate. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Declined OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brightsource Energy.
Initial phone screen, two rounds of 1:1 interviews with which included the Project team, FP&A team, Development team, HR and the CFO
Reasons for Declining
Stability of the company
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brightsource Energy.
Initial screening, then phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person third round interview with 5 of the employees there. Hiring manager was nice enough, but I could tell after speaking with the rest of the interviewers that they weren't interested with speaking with me at all. The last interviewer came in, chucked his business card at me, and then proceeded to interrogate me in an abrasive manner. Not to mention he threw in some strong profanity as well. It was completely unprofessional.
- Why are you interested in comms? Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
there was no phone screening, only 3 interviews. the first was theoretical and involved writing pseudocode to solve algorithmic problems. the second was a programming interview, on a laptop, where i had to write code that would solve a problem, and get the code to work.
- i can't specify the contents of he questions, but the most difficult one was an very hard algorithmic question, and the purpose was not for me to solve it, but rather see my thought process. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review