Brightstar Care

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Leesburg, VA

Interviewed at Brightstar Care

Interview Details – Applied on-line and was called a week later. Quick phone interview. Went in for interview with owner and nurse case manager. Just idle chit chat for an hour.

Interview Question – No real interview questions. New office so maybe there are still not too well organized. Owner has no knowledge of healthcare. This kind of scared me.   Answer Question

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Staffing Coordinator

Interviewed at Brightstar Care

Interview Details – I submitted an application/resume online, and was called by the owner for an interview. I had two interviews, and met the other office staff. It was more of a conversation and getting to know you kind of interview. They were looking for a good personality match in the office as much as the skills needed.

Interview Question – What was an unexpected incident while you were working, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Brightstar Care in March 2014.

Interview Details – BrightStar is a franchise my experience is limited to the Minneapolis, MN operation. BrightStar here inn Minneapolis, MN found my resume on line and asked me into interview. They explained their work well, temporary, contract and homecare openings. I was offered a position without much of a process, I believe they will pretty much hire anyone who can pass a background and drug screen. I was troubled by their request for a physical exam which I believe to be illegal. An employer may only ask for medical information that is relevant to job function and may only do so after a conditional offer is extended. BrightStar requested that I provide them a copy of a recent physical, which could include a great deal of irrelevant information, and asked my to bring it to the initial interview.

Interview Question – They asked the standard interview questions. "Describe a challenging situation you have been in at work and how you handled it." "Describe an accomplishment you've been proud of in your work"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I felt that while it may have been unintentional and non-malicious their request for me to provide a physical exam crossed an ethical line I am uncomfortable with. I rely on my employer to understand what they are doing, apparently BrightStar here in Minneapolis has a few lessons to learn.

Licensed Practical Nurse Home Care Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse Home Care
Broomfield, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brightstar Care in August 2011.

Interview Details – Bring in current license, CPR card

Interview Question – no questions asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, I got what I got take it or leave it

CNA Interview

CNA
Gastonia, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brightstar Care.

Interview Details – They hire anyone and everyone with or without experience...family beware...they send untrained peolpe into your homes.

Interview Question – What hours can you work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Staff Nurse (RN), Home Care Interview

Staff Nurse (RN), Home Care
Worcester, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Brightstar Care in August 2013.

Interview Details – Was called and set up an interview in the office. After some informal chat, and having been familiar with agencies the receptionist- hiring manager -took copies of all the Id's I had at the time and told me of the hiring procedure. Then I had an interview with the other manager and it was like talking with my brother. Maybe knowing that a nurse license is required and that I have already been put through the mill with the MA. nursing board to get my license in the first place helped. Therefore the hiring process was quite fast and mainly focused on getting the required documentation. Other things were a PD test and physical at the MD's office that took the longest due to scheduling

Interview Question – There were none surprisingly enough - no tricks here.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He was very willing to up the salary with my experience.

CNA/PCT/CAREGIVER Interview

CNA/PCT/CAREGIVER
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brightstar Care in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview is very laid back and easy. No hassle at all. just lots of paper work.

Negotiation Details – they ask that you are super nice and have a great background in care. Tell them a good story about how you took care of your grandmother when she was sick.

Care Giver Interview

Care Giver
Centerville, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Brightstar Care in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired 2 years ago, when the company was still quite new, but overall the interview as well as the hiring process was very professionally completed in my estimation.

Interview Question – I did not receive any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not have to negotiate about anything, all my expectations were either met or exceeded my expectations.

East Stroudsburg, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Brightstar Care in December 2012.

Interview Details – I have had several interviews during the course of the past several months. I have actually been hired in a couple of these places but they don't call with any work.
The interviewing process for me is quite easy, and I'm generally relaxed. The questions asked during the interview are almost always the same and very predictable. I just try to be myself, and be honest. Taking a genuine interest in the company and what you do is key.

Interview Question – What do you not like about yourself.   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Brightstar Care.

Interview Details – They do a quick phone interview- ask why you became an LPN?what do you know about the company?what are your strengths?

Then they have you come in for an office interview-they ask if you drive? what type of client's you've worked with? they check out your appearance:/

Then they have you come in for 6 hours of listening to the owner entertain an audience, I think she is lonely, not to be mean but she went on about none work related stories for like an hour. I didn't get paid for this time so I was mad. They do a hands on exam like vitals etc.Then, the owner quickly runs through the HR forms and doesn't give you time to read anything and won't give you copies of what you sign. I noticed the owner telling the ladies in the group to take off their fake nails, cover up their tattoos and leave the jewelry for parties.

Interview Question – Do you drive? or are you on public transportation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They tell you how much you are going to make once they give you an assignment. I got between 20 and 22 hourly.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brightstar Care

Worked for Brightstar Care? Contribute to the Community!