Brightstar Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Brightstar.

I was pretty much disappointed. It took long time to have an interview scheduled. Phone interview was OK, face-face interview instead ended up to a very general interview instead of going deeper in the job specifications. After spending quite some time in this process, no feedback was given by the company, which for a senior (Director) level job is not that fair, even if you did not like the candidate. HR must be able to say why your profile did not fit, especially when recruiting for senior roles.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or technical questions at all. To wonder if they really know what they need/want.   Answer Question

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Desperate to have someone in, huge red flag that I didn't see. Interviewers were not ready, were late... should have walked away

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions as interviewers didn't know wht to ask   Answer Question
    After counter-offer, they accepted. Should have asked for much more.

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Brightstar in June 2011.

Hiring process if getting better, but still highly informal. Normally, you need a sponsor within the company for HR to commit to interview you.
    Industry experience is absolutely necessary, if you don't have the specific experience don't even bother to apply

Interview Questions
    • expected salary, they asked for an specific amount   View Answer
    It took more than 3 months, they were too many changes within HR at that time, but the process, according to recent hired employees, is taking 2 months now

Senior Manager, Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Libertyville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Brightstar in August 2013.

So I get a call from a Brightstar recruiter who has an open position to fill. He said he found my resume on CareerBuilder and wanted to know if I was interested in talking to him about an open position he thought would be a good fit. Knowing that Brightstar is only five miles from where I live and that nothing ventured, nothing gained, I said of course I'll talk to you. The recruiter goes over the basics of the job very briefly and tells me he'll send me an email with files on the job description, application, the hiring process and the company. He was very good throughout the entire process. So I went home and read the job description and it was not well written at all. The job appeared to be rather tactical, and not strategic. I wasn’t interested in what I read but agreed to interview for the position anyhow. I met with a very lovely woman from Brightstar HR who spent about 30 minutes with me asking me a few basic clarifying questions about my work history. There was also an application that I filled out in advance of the interview. Then came my interview with the hiring manager, the Director of Supply Chain. As a prelude, I will tell you that I looked up this person on LinkedIn prior to the interview and to my dismay, was surprised to find out that this person averaged a new job about every two years over the previous 15 years. Not promotions within the same company, new jobs at different employers, with widely varying job titles from one job to the next. This concerned me a great deal. Struck me as a job hopper. Anyhow, I meet the hiring manager and get a bad vibe. Maybe I had already made up my mind I was not going to like this person. But then again, maybe not because five minutes into the job interview, the hiring manager jumped up and ran outside and down the sidewalk. No lie! Apparently the hiring manager saw someone out the window that they just had to talk to. I’m thinking WTF! Five minutes later the interview resumes, but I’m still thinking, WTF. The hiring manager’s first question was about something the recruiter told me did not apply to this job. Now I’m thinking the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. As I’m answering the question, the hiring manager starts to read Facebook. Again, still, I’m thinking WTF. The second question of a two question interview was semi-retarded. As I’m answering, the hiring manager gets a text message from their boss and then she texts him back! Can you believe this! As much as I wish it hadn’t happened, it did! I thought I was on candid camera. I then met with three other direct reports to the Director of Supply Chain. Nice guys. Not an interview process at all but more of a, hey, if I (Director of Supply Chain) hire this guy, will you underlings be ok with it type of process. One last thing, everyone asked me pretty much the same question, Why are you looking for a new job. I had to tell everyone that I wasn't looking for a new job, that Brightstar recruited me. I called the recruiter back the next day and politely said, WTF. He was very apologetic.

DCS Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brightstar.

You go through multiple interviews and take loads of online personality tests.. The owners go behind your back and base their opinions on everyone they interview on superficial information. Most applicant tire of the process....

Interview Questions
    • They asked for explanation of things on my personal facebook page.   View Answer
    No real negotiation.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Brightstar in April 2011.

Informal but efficient process, only 3 interviews on the same day and the offer arrived a week later

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unnexpected, just the tiypical question about why you left a fomer job   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate, the offer was final, take it or leave it

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Brightstar in February 2013.

Was a long process, 2-3 months. Met with HR, then VP of division and two managers.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many financial questions to make sure I had the knowledge to do the position.   Answer Question
    I was offered 50,000 but refused it, told them i needed 65,000. They accepted.

Home Health Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Brightstar in March 2013.

very lenghty and detailed

it is straight forward

Business Development Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brightstar in October 2012.

2 round of phone interview. One with recruiter and other with C-level executive.

Lead Business Intelligence Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brightstar in May 2012.

4 individual interviews, mostly on technical issues.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between data warehouse and data mart was the most difficult one.   Answer Question

Worked for Brightstar? Contribute to the Community!