Brightstar

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.4

Sales Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Brightstar.

Typical process, Phone, Skye, P2P. For a global company, I would expect their HR department to be more seasoned. They found an issue with my application, and when I was able to send supporting data that corrected the issue, they did not acknowledge it, nor did they even try to discuss with me the supporting documentation. One HR person actually called me a Liar! This was after I received an offer for employment. Totally unprofessional, and sad for a any company. I would be very cautious before looking at a position at Brightstar.

Interview Questions
    • Most were very easy. One stand out "How do you make friends?"   Answer Question

The HR department REFUSED to discuss a perceived error on my application, after I submitted supporting documentation showing otherwise.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brightstar in October 2014.

Easy process One phone interview 5 personal interviews. Nice ambiance and friendly people. Show case how the project management is done. Nice work ! Long on-boarding process checking every document from your background

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Brightstar.

I was pretty much disappointed. It took long time to have an interview scheduled. Phone interview was OK, face-face interview instead ended up to a very general interview instead of going deeper in the job specifications. After spending quite some time in this process, no feedback was given by the company, which for a senior (Director) level job is not that fair, even if you did not like the candidate. HR must be able to say why your profile did not fit, especially when recruiting for senior roles.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or technical questions at all. To wonder if they really know what they need/want.   Answer Question

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Desperate to have someone in, huge red flag that I didn't see. Interviewers were not ready, were late... should have walked away

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions as interviewers didn't know wht to ask   Answer Question
    After counter-offer, they accepted. Should have asked for much more.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

interviewed at Brightstar in March 2014.

Multiple interviews and long calls to talk about previous experience. Mostly friendly people, 4 weeks process for hiring with some delays scheduling second and third interviews. Nice location and offices and very welcomed people. perception of a bit dis-organized when it comes to paper work

DCS Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brightstar.

You go through multiple interviews and take loads of online personality tests.. The owners go behind your back and base their opinions on everyone they interview on superficial information. Most applicant tire of the process....

Interview Questions
    • They asked for explanation of things on my personal facebook page.   View Answer
    No real negotiation.

Senior Manager, Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Brightstar in August 2013.

So I get a call from a Brightstar recruiter who has an open position to fill. He said he found my resume on CareerBuilder and wanted to know if I was interested in talking to him about an open position he thought would be a good fit. Knowing that Brightstar is only five miles from where I live and that nothing ventured, nothing gained, I said of course I'll talk to you. The recruiter goes over the basics of the job very briefly and tells me he'll send me an email with files on the job description, application, the hiring process and the company. He was very good throughout the entire process. So I went home and read the job description and it was not well written at all. The job appeared to be rather tactical, and not strategic. I wasn’t interested in what I read but agreed to interview for the position anyhow. I met with a very lovely woman from Brightstar HR who spent about 30 minutes with me asking me a few basic clarifying questions about my work history. There was also an application that I filled out in advance of the interview. Then came my interview with the hiring manager, the Director of Supply Chain. As a prelude, I will tell you that I looked up this person on LinkedIn prior to the interview and to my dismay, was surprised to find out that this person averaged a new job about every two years over the previous 15 years. Not promotions within the same company, new jobs at different employers, with widely varying job titles from one job to the next. This concerned me a great deal. Struck me as a job hopper. Anyhow, I meet the hiring manager and get a bad vibe. Maybe I had already made up my mind I was not going to like this person. But then again, maybe not because five minutes into the job interview, the hiring manager jumped up and ran outside and down the sidewalk. No lie! Apparently the hiring manager saw someone out the window that they just had to talk to. I’m thinking WTF! Five minutes later the interview resumes, but I’m still thinking, WTF. The hiring manager’s first question was about something the recruiter told me did not apply to this job. Now I’m thinking the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing. As I’m answering the question, the hiring manager starts to read Facebook. Again, still, I’m thinking WTF. The second question of a two question interview was semi-retarded. As I’m answering, the hiring manager gets a text message from their boss and then she texts him back! Can you believe this! As much as I wish it hadn’t happened, it did! I thought I was on candid camera. I then met with three other direct reports to the Director of Supply Chain. Nice guys. Not an interview process at all but more of a, hey, if I (Director of Supply Chain) hire this guy, will you underlings be ok with it type of process. One last thing, everyone asked me pretty much the same question, Why are you looking for a new job. I had to tell everyone that I wasn't looking for a new job, that Brightstar recruited me. I called the recruiter back the next day and politely said, WTF. He was very apologetic.

Home Health Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brightstar in March 2013.

very lenghty and detailed

it is straight forward

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brightstar in February 2013.

Was a long process, 2-3 months. Met with HR, then VP of division and two managers.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many financial questions to make sure I had the knowledge to do the position.   Answer Question
    I was offered 50,000 but refused it, told them i needed 65,000. They accepted.

Business Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brightstar in October 2012.

2 round of phone interview. One with recruiter and other with C-level executive.