Brink's, Incorporated
www.brinks.com Richmond, VA 5000+ Employees

Brink's, Incorporated Director of Process Improvement Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Director of Process Improvement Interview

Director of Process Improvement
Coppell, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in August 2011.

Interview Details – Very disorganized from front to back. Not just stating this because I was not selected. At first, it began as a typical online application, then a phone screen. Classic right hand not talking to the left hand. I was invited to have a phone chat with the hiring manager. That was settled but the very next day, they sent a "Dear Applicant" email. So I called the HR contact. After several communications, turned out that someone else in the HR had filled in for my contact and bulk sent out rejection notices.

A couple of week later, big rush to meet all the top execs...THREE days I was requested to come in in a single week - with the last day meeting the President, the SVPs of HR and Security, and my previous hiring authority interviewer.

After more than a month of waiting, I finally emailed and called. Surprise, surprise..."had just slipped their minds". Then, told to take two online Flash tests from Thomas International: the GIA and PPA. The first is a skills timed test - a pared down IQ exam. The second is a personality exam like Skills Finder from Gallup.
Well, there were substantial problems with the GIA Flash. The test times were not accurate (I used an on-screen timer). So, I sent an email to Thomas' Help Desk. Big mistake. It was routed to the Director of HR at Brink's and a full three weeks later, with no further input from Brink's, I received a canned and unsigned "Dear Applicant" rejection.

At first, all the Brink's people were so positive and "nice" it was disturbing. Brink's has never been rated that high, so I thought something was up. The proof in how the culture operates is provided the cavalier and "couldn't be bothered" attitude I encountered. In all my years' experience with hiring at the Director level and above, this is the first time that a face-to-face for 45 minutes with the President of a Company did not result in a similarly direct and humane response for a decision to not hire. The only word I can think to wrap up this description is: PATHETIC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation with an employee.   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of how you used project management to drive a successful Lean outcome.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Brink's, Incorporated

Worked for Brink's, Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brink's, Incorporated Director of Process Improvement interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Brink's, Incorporated employees and interview candidates.