Brink's, Incorporated

39 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vault Interview

Vault

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and about 2 weeks later had a call to set up the interview. The HR person who called also had a few questions for me (ex: distance from job, PT or FT) but the one that kind of surprised me was when she asked if i would be willing to carry a gun! I was surprised but answered honest;y, saying I had no personal issues with it but I also had no qualifications. She reassured me that they take care of all of that for me.

The following day was my interview. It went well, simple questions and an in depth description of the job so there were no surprises. At the location I interviewed at, carrying a gun was not necessary as he already had his quota. At the end of the interview, he said he would call HR, get my background done and I could start ASAP!! He did say that it would take about a week-10 days for it all to go through.

About a week later, I recieved the call from HR and the offer letter.

Interview Question – If i would be comfortable carrying a gun   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was a little less then I had hoped (but competitive)
The commute was the worst part, took about 40 minutes without traffic so that translates to about 1:30 each way.
Childcare issues

Senior Data Entry Clerk Interview

Senior Data Entry Clerk
Coppell, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in August 2013.

Interview Details – Well, I got a call from a recruiter asking about the open position of Senior Data Entry Clerk. I was excited when they finally reached out to me after about a month of applying. The interview went rather well. She asked me about my experience and about times I've had to do something regarding teamwork. We talked for almost 30 minutes. After the phone interview, she set me up for an interview with a Manager of the department. He called me right on time and we talked my experience once again. He was very nice and told me more about Brink's. After the interview, I was told that I would be contacted by the recruiter regarding my last interview. Two weeks have passed and I haven't heard anything, so I decided to call the recruiter back and she didn't answer ANY of my calls. I even sent her an email and she didn't respond. I then decided to check my application status on the Brink's website and it says "Cancelled". I assume they found another candidate for the position. My problem is that they could've at least sent me a rejection letter or something!! I felt that this was very unprofessional and unfair for Brink's to do that to me. I'm so glad I didn't move to Texas to work for them. If they continue to behave this way, I doubt that many people would want to work for them.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. They were all straightforward.   Answer Question

Money Room Clerk Interview

Money Room Clerk
Springfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in June 2013.

Interview Details – was called in a few days after applying, interview went well, then did background check and did not meet the requirements due to credit issues.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Brinks at a career fair in Dallas, Texas. Initial contact went smoothly and introduced myself. Upon initial sit down, we went into basic information on my resume and questions on my experiences in the military. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and basic behavioral questions regarding personnel and challenges I faced as a manager at my former job.

Interview Question – What do you see as your strengths? What are you weaknesses? Have you dealt with and what is your process with dealing with sub-par or belligerent employees?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company was looking for a person to join their team in California. Location was less than ideal for my current situation.

Messenger Interview

Messenger

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated.

Interview Details – Hiring process can be time consuming, I applied online at Brinks Inc and shortly after had an interview. Interview consisted of security related questions. Week later I had to do a physical fitness test, included pulling and pushing weights, also had to carry multiple weights. Then had a polygraph test consisted of very personal questions but questions were anonymous to Brinks , the evaluator would just pass you or not. Also drug testing for hiring, then random throughout employment.

Interview Question – During polygraph the evaluator will ask questions such as "have you ever stolen anything" just be honest, because if they catch you lying it will be a no go.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it's set pay and benefits.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Coppell, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated.

Interview Details – Be prepared to ask more questions than they ask you.

Negotiation Details – Very conservative, but fare overall. I advise to know what you want and don't be afraid to ask. Just be sure to give explanation why you think you deserve the extra perk that you request.

Vault Interview

Vault
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in February 2013.

Interview Details – Drug Screen, polygraph, interview with hiring manager.I was asked several questions about my past and my future ambition. I decided I liked the job enough to manuever. I liked manager that was hiring me and they started talking to me about sports, which was nice. I thought it was a good way to weed out the worse candidates. Overall, I enjoyed the process despite it's flaws.

Interview Question – I was asked about my time at a company that I didn't like. I was honest about it and it worked out well enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said this is what you get, take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Armored Guard Interview

Armored Guard
Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in December 2009.

Interview Details – As long as you got a pistol permit, clean credit and arrest record you're golden.

Interview Question – Do you mind the long hours?   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Business Development Specialist
Coppell, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in May 2012.

Interview Details – Not a good experience for me. The HR person contacted me by phone to see if I was available and to set up an interview. She told me that there were two people that I would speak to and that the interview should last for about an hour. Once the appointment time was set she said she would send me an email to confirm the time and date. I did not receive an email. The morning of the interview I called to confirm with her and got her voice mail and I left her a message with my name and phone number. I got no reply. The lack of both organization and not receiving the courtesy of a simple phone call made me feel uncomfortable because I was never really sure if I was supposed to actually be there.

Unsure whether the interview was still on I proceeded as though it was and arrived early. When I checked in at the security desk they contacted her and the reply was that the meeting was set for the unconfirmed time. So I was pointed to the lobby and invited to wait. This only made me feel like my time was not worth much to them.

On the appointed time she appeared and was apologetic for not contacting me and thanked me for calling and leaving her a voice mail. She said that on this day there were in fact three and maybe a fourth person I would be speaking with today. As she escorted me to the first interview she informed me that one of their Managers, who travels, was in town and they wanted them to meet with me. So what relief I had at knowing I was where I was supposed to be, was now replaced with being blindsided by having my expectations about the nature of the interview change. I never saw the HR person after that point.

The interviews seemed to be a combination of informational in nature but, they were also sequential and I was escorted (passed around) to various people.

Two and a half hours later I am escorted to the last person and the uneasy feeling was still with me. I was never asked if I had time for the additional interviews. So it only fostered the impression with me that I was there at their beck and call. And I thought it strange that the HR person did not interview me during this time.
While it was good to speak to more people than I expected, being blindsided and staying longer than I expected, three hours later I left feeling exhausted.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Messenger Interview

Messenger
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted after a few weeks by a recruiter. The recruiter asked me several basic interview questions like what are my strengths, how does my experience apply to the job, etc. One or two weeks later interviewed at the office. In person interview was very casual, didn't really ask me any questions, just talked about what it was like to work there.

Interview Question – How would your experience apply to this position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better job offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brink's, Incorporated