Brink's, Incorporated Interview Questions

2.5

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in April 2013.

Interviewed with Brinks at a career fair in Dallas, Texas. Initial contact went smoothly and introduced myself. Upon initial sit down, we went into basic information on my resume and questions on my experiences in the military. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and basic behavioral questions regarding personnel and challenges I faced as a manager at my former job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see as your strengths? What are you weaknesses? Have you dealt with and what is your process with dealing with sub-par or belligerent employees?   Answer Question

Company was looking for a person to join their team in California. Location was less than ideal for my current situation.

Vault Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in February 2013.

Drug Screen, polygraph, interview with hiring manager.I was asked several questions about my past and my future ambition. I decided I liked the job enough to manuever. I liked manager that was hiring me and they started talking to me about sports, which was nice. I thought it was a good way to weed out the worse candidates. Overall, I enjoyed the process despite it's flaws.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my time at a company that I didn't like. I was honest about it and it worked out well enough.   Answer Question
    They said this is what you get, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in October 2012.

You will be interviewed once or twice depending on how much your interviewer likes you. They are looking for dedicated people who will do whatever it takes to get the job done while utilizing common sense and best judgement. You will need to apply online multiple times because applications are often selected at random, due to the fact it is impossible to read every single application that is submitted. I submitted four applications before I got a call. You will then get an interview and if you pass that you are in good shape. The background packet is the tricky part it goes more in depth than some law enforcement agencies. You need to respond to your background investigator immediately. If you cannot reach them leave them a message and always ask for confirmation that they have received your documents. They receive so many faxes at the H.R office that they often times will not look for it unless you ask them about it. It also shows dedication to working there which is what they really desire.

Interview Questions
    • This is a dangerous job and you may have to carry large quantities of valuables or cash. You are risking your life, How do you feel about that.   View Answer
    No negotiation just look at glassdoor.com to make sure you are getting the same wage as everyone else or just ask other employees if you know any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in August 2012.

You need to take a test when you apply for the job so allow yourself some time before you apply. After that if they deem you worthy you will be asked to come in for an interview. For the interview come in dressed nice be positive and most of all be truthful. If Brinks finds you dishonest you will be let go.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are testing your honesty so answer all questions that make you seem like an angel.   Answer Question

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in May 2012.

Not a good experience for me. The HR person contacted me by phone to see if I was available and to set up an interview. She told me that there were two people that I would speak to and that the interview should last for about an hour. Once the appointment time was set she said she would send me an email to confirm the time and date. I did not receive an email. The morning of the interview I called to confirm with her and got her voice mail and I left her a message with my name and phone number. I got no reply. The lack of both organization and not receiving the courtesy of a simple phone call made me feel uncomfortable because I was never really sure if I was supposed to actually be there.

Unsure whether the interview was still on I proceeded as though it was and arrived early. When I checked in at the security desk they contacted her and the reply was that the meeting was set for the unconfirmed time. So I was pointed to the lobby and invited to wait. This only made me feel like my time was not worth much to them.

On the appointed time she appeared and was apologetic for not contacting me and thanked me for calling and leaving her a voice mail. She said that on this day there were in fact three and maybe a fourth person I would be speaking with today. As she escorted me to the first interview she informed me that one of their Managers, who travels, was in town and they wanted them to meet with me. So what relief I had at knowing I was where I was supposed to be, was now replaced with being blindsided by having my expectations about the nature of the interview change. I never saw the HR person after that point.

The interviews seemed to be a combination of informational in nature but, they were also sequential and I was escorted (passed around) to various people.

Two and a half hours later I am escorted to the last person and the uneasy feeling was still with me. I was never asked if I had time for the additional interviews. So it only fostered the impression with me that I was there at their beck and call. And I thought it strange that the HR person did not interview me during this time.
    While it was good to speak to more people than I expected, being blindsided and staying longer than I expected, three hours later I left feeling exhausted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in April 2012.

I applied online and was contacted after a few weeks by a recruiter. The recruiter asked me several basic interview questions like what are my strengths, how does my experience apply to the job, etc. One or two weeks later interviewed at the office. In person interview was very casual, didn't really ask me any questions, just talked about what it was like to work there.

Got a better job offer.

Director of Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in August 2011.

Very disorganized from front to back. Not just stating this because I was not selected. At first, it began as a typical online application, then a phone screen. Classic right hand not talking to the left hand. I was invited to have a phone chat with the hiring manager. That was settled but the very next day, they sent a "Dear Applicant" email. So I called the HR contact. After several communications, turned out that someone else in the HR had filled in for my contact and bulk sent out rejection notices.

A couple of week later, big rush to meet all the top execs...THREE days I was requested to come in in a single week - with the last day meeting the President, the SVPs of HR and Security, and my previous hiring authority interviewer.

After more than a month of waiting, I finally emailed and called. Surprise, surprise..."had just slipped their minds". Then, told to take two online Flash tests from Thomas International: the GIA and PPA. The first is a skills timed test - a pared down IQ exam. The second is a personality exam like Skills Finder from Gallup.
    Well, there were substantial problems with the GIA Flash. The test times were not accurate (I used an on-screen timer). So, I sent an email to Thomas' Help Desk. Big mistake. It was routed to the Director of HR at Brink's and a full three weeks later, with no further input from Brink's, I received a canned and unsigned "Dear Applicant" rejection.

At first, all the Brink's people were so positive and "nice" it was disturbing. Brink's has never been rated that high, so I thought something was up. The proof in how the culture operates is provided the cavalier and "couldn't be bothered" attitude I encountered. In all my years' experience with hiring at the Director level and above, this is the first time that a face-to-face for 45 minutes with the President of a Company did not result in a similarly direct and humane response for a decision to not hire. The only word I can think to wrap up this description is: PATHETIC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation with an employee.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of how you used project management to drive a successful Lean outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in June 2011.

Answered an online ad, and was contacted by email for an interview. Went in and was interviewed by two supervisors. They really tried to convey what the job entailed and what would be expected of me so that there would be no surprises.

Interview Questions
    • All Questions were straight forward for the most part. There were questions about carrying guns that might be tough for some people.   Answer Question

IT Infrastructure Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in December 2010.

Submitted my resume online and was contacted next day for a phone screening interview by a Talent Acquisition personnel in Texas. He emailed the interview confirmation along with the posted job description and benefits package.

At the beginning of the call, he gave me an overview of the scope of the position and emphasized that it involved the whole of North America and not just New York. He informed me that he would be inputting my answers to each question and that they will be reviewed by the person above him.

It lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What was your role at your last job?
      How many servers did you manage at your last job?
    • Why were you terminated [from your jobs]?   Answer Question
    • What was your compensation at your last jobs?
      If you were offered the role right now, what compensation would you be looking for?
        Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses or things you would like to improve?
        Answer Question
    • What are your long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in 10-15 years?   Answer Question

Money Room Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person - interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated in July 2010.

short interview

Interview Questions
    no negotiations need a job or not