Brinker

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.3

General Manager Interview

Always be positive and upbeat. Positive culture with storing emphasis on training and development in high volume situations. Have to to be a problem solver and multi tasker at all times. Embrace culture and make sure all employees do the same. Have great business sense in everything you do to meet or beat your stores goals and budgets.

Compensation

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

I went through a phone interview and then interviewed in-person with a couple of people from the team. They asked questions pertaining to my resume and experience. They also asked for me to provide examples of my leadership, integrity, etc.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to come up with a real-life scenario on how I'd overcome a typical challenge pertaining to my position. I wasn't expecting this question, but I took a couple of seconds, thought it through, and I answered it to the best of my ability.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Branson, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Brinker in November 2013.

Applied off Gethired.com website.
    Got an email to set up phone interview.
    They cancelled and rescheduled interview.
    Was contacted by the local Chili's for a face to face.
    Had face to face interview.
    Then had phone interview.
    Had to take online assessment.
    Sent follow up email no response.
    2 weeks later was declined position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Brinker in October 2013.

Was called by 2 different recruiters that were internal. One was in Chicago, one in Detroit. Had to drive 3 hours for the interview, not local locations that were not franchised. First interview went well, learned a little about the brand and where it was going. Left with a good feeling and was looking forward to a call back. Received a second interview and that also went well, asked a lot about my work history and back ground. I was explained the job descriptions and that it more than likely would require me to move in a year or two as they are closing restaurants down because of low volume sales in certain markets. After getting an offer for $55,000 and understanding the expectations of frequently relocating and restaurants closing I decided to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

Not a competitive salary for the work experience I have. Not willing to downgrade.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brinker in May 2013.

HR sets up multiple interviews with people in the respective department. The interviews are straight-forward and not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process at Brinker is easy compared to other companies. It's probably due to the type of industry and the type of people that work there (most grew up working the restaurants). There weren't too many technical questions. You're expected to walk through your resume and speak to how you're a fit to the position you're applying for.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brinker.

One phone Interview - Mostly behavioral and based on past experience. For the next round I was called to the Company Headquarter, where 3 different hiring managers interviewed me, one after the other. Each interview was about 45 Mins. long.

Interview Questions
    • How would you forecast COGS.
      How would you launch a new product and determine pricing for the same.

Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brinker in August 2011.

Pre-screen phone interview with HR/Recruiting Team. Call back for face to face interviews with two different hiring managers. Only 30 minutes allotted with each hiring manager. No response as to status of hiring five different positions.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brinker in May 2010.

Very detailed and corporate, will sit through a few interviews. Intensive questions on how you will fit in with the corporate structure. Part of the interview process is also training to make sure you would actually want the job.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brinker in March 2008.

Very easy. Just walk in with confidence and an outgoing personality and you basically have the job.

N/A

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Brinker in April 2011.

Great company with a solid commitment to its employees most of whom have tenure that is unheard of in the hospitality industry. Brinker has been on some tough financial times as of late and salry rewuirements were probably out of reach for them at this time although i have yet to receive any further follow up from them after two months.