Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

Brio Bravo Restaurant Group Interview Questions

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group.

Came in and Filled out an application. The next day I got a call to come in for an interview. I applied as a hostess, but received an offer to be a server. (I had no experience) Training was provided!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group.

I was hired way before Bravo became a publicly traded company and was pretty much handed the job on the spot. Thus I never had to take any personality tests or pass any interviews. Previous restaurant experience however is highly valued (as well as knowing a current employee). If you fail, try starting out at a lesser establishment (maybe say applebees or something similar). Bravo is semi fine dining and thus has a lot more rule, procedures, and other things that can overwhelm first timers.

No negotiation. You accept 2.15 an hour plus tips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group in January 2013.

Less than an hour interview, manager never even really asked me questions related to the job. Mostly about my life out side of work such as school, job, and family. The orientation was long and completely tedious. THe training was a woman reading out of a book for 4 hours a day, 5 days long. Not to mention mandatory shadowing for another five days. Which is all paid at minimum wage. Being a former server all of this training was not needed.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked for me. But be prepared to answer "what if" question and "what would you do" question.   Answer Question
    No negotiation whatsoever

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group in July 2011.

walk-in application process followed by either an immediate interview or a call back depending on time of day. It is best to arrive from 2-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Interview consisted of general questions about experience and basic food and wine knowledge. However, neither are prerequisites for the job. It is mostly dependent on the quality of your interpersonal skills to determine whether you are capable of interacting with guests in a professional manner.

Interview Questions
    • Outside of general people skills the most difficult questions are generally around the knowledge of wine, liquor, and spirits. However, a cursory knowledge of these are more than adequate. Half an hour on any relevant website would suffice.   View Answer
    there is no negotiation with the exception of availabilty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Brio Bravo Restaurant Group in July 2010.

Its a three tier process. 1. Submit written paper application obtained at location ( usually the host stand). 2. Upon a call back a face to face with an Assistant manager. An initial decision will be made by the assistant manager to pass along the potential hire to the GM. The final interview is a face-to-face with the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • What made you decide on choosing Brio and why do you think you would be an asset to our team?   View Answer
    There is none for a server in Maryland. Its $3.63 +gratuities
    Training wage is Minimum wage. Training is usually 1 week but can also be accelerated based on performance. Following training there is a final written exam. Upon passing exam ( 2 attempts available), there is a mock service. This is where the trainee would wait on managers and or peers to exam the abilities of the potential server to begin working the restaurant floor. After passing and completion of all the above steps the server would start in small sections and advance to larger sections based on performance.