Brion Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2014
Updated Aug 1, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brion Technologies

Programmer Interview

Phone interview, ask programming questions, algorithms questions, mathematics questions, probability questions. It was not what I expected. Don't remember what exactly questions they are now, but in general those questions are basically interview questions you can probably search and find out answers online. Nothing new.

Interview Questions
    • Seems like they want to ask questions in a broad range without any focus   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Brion Technologies in November 2013.

I applied through employee referal and the process took about a week

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brion Technologies in October 2010.

Brion Technologies has a rigorous process to assess potential fit within the company. I applied for an engineering position. Interviews consist of phone interviews and multiple on-site interviews. Phone interviews include questions designed to assess your intelligence, mostly focused on engineering math & statistics. On-site interviews consist of questions related to the nature of the job, with an additional 'brain teaser' component. Very little effort is placed on the content of your resume, especially outside the focus of Brion/ASML's core competencies.

From my interactions with the employees, I sensed that there is a strict work ethic, with lots of pressure to execute, especially since many employees are Chinese and have PhDs. Thus they are searching for hard working intelligent people who can execute to near perfection. Bear in mind that this culture may not be for everyone.

One of the interviewers in management asked overly personal questions, one that I brushed aside and a subsequent one that I took offense at. Perhaps this can be attributed cultural differences; nevertheless, I determined this was not the right company for me.

Interview Questions
    • You have multiple datapoints that appear to a straight line. How do you find the line of best fit? Provide the equations to calculate the slope and intercept.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brion Technologies in April 2011.

The interview start with an phone interview with the general manager, mainly focused on background and small technical questions. Then two phone interviewers from two team leaders for technical questions at the same day. The onsite interview is two weeks later. It is 8 one to one interviews by the senior engineers, managers and VP. Both the CS technical and some math and behavior questions are covered.

Interview Questions
    • There are many college level physics/math questions. Why the sky is blue?   Answer Question
    • You have $1000 in the bank and the back pay for 4% each year. How many years later you get $2000?   Answer Question

Worked for Brion Technologies? Contribute to the Community!