Bristol-Myers Squibb Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2015

2.3

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career site. Job was sponsored by college alum. Received interview invite about 2-3 weeks after I submitted my app. I had a 30 min phone interview with 2 scientists. Pretty straightforward, with mostly behavioral questions. A couple technical questions thrown in, but those were easy. Standard phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Submitted application online through the University. After that, just a phone interview with the team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got phone interview from hiring manager, we talked around 30 minutes basiclly go through my resume. No unexpected question, just some general question about how do you know about BMS, what is clinical trial and went through of my resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2013.

Interview

Submit your resume via school or email to Hiring Manager, receive word back from HM within a week or so, with blocks of interview times so I can pick and choose the best time. Interview was phone based and very pleasant, mostly to discuss the project that the job involved and some skills I would need to learn or research before starting

Interview Questions

• None were surprising or difficult. There were some generic tell me about a weakness and how you've overcame it, and asking about your past experiences at related previously-held jobs/internships, but the rest were very focused on the project and mostly me asking questions about the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern there's really not much you can negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomsbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Bloomsbury, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

I submit my CV online and got an email reply to confirm the phone interview the second day. Then I scheduled a phone interview which was on time and lasted 45 min roughly. I got the internship offer in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your background is not 100% matching the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Syracuse, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Pretty Simple, Just sent in my resume and a phone interview was set up. The interview lasted about 30 mins and I talked with a senior scientist that ended up being my supervisor for the summer. Questions were asked about previous job experience, team work but really no curve balls! It was more of a conversation and I was able to ask them more about the company which i made sure to research before my interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Summer internship - no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview for an internship co-op was conducted by a hr manager and a previous intern; previous intern asked questions for a portion of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Went over resume and job description, definition of field (procurement)   Answer Question