Bristol-Myers Squibb

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

The process took about a month. I first had a phone interview with a recruiter who then submitted me for the position. After the submission, I was selected for an in-person interview. I met with 2 people and the interview lasted about an hour. I studied behavioral questions, the company's product line, and the company's mission. None of these was discussed at the interview, but I highly suggest others to study these as some interviewers are harder than others.

The interview was more of a discussion about BMS, what the position entails, and how my resume reflects the position. Be sure to know your weaknesses, your strengths, and what makes a good Project Manager. After about 1 week, I was offered the position through the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate the salary, however I negotiated my start date.

Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

two interviewers were there. as we sat down, they asked me if i have any questions to start with. and they kept doing that throughout the 45 minute interview. they were nice, but they only asked behavioral questions (this was for a PhD position, so I had expected a little bit of science related questions)

Interview Questions
    • what is one piece of advice that you still keep in mind to date   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

I was contacted the same day that I applied. I had 2 phone interviews (one with a recruiter and the other with the hiring manager) followed by an onsite interview to meet with members of the team.

Executive Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Seamless process with decisions being made in just a couple weeks from initial contact to final rounds. Very transparent and comprehensive. Solid two-way conversation and people were generally open minded and honest with questions.

Interview Questions

Timing was off. Great company though.

Upstream Processing Associate - I Year Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in October 2014.

The supervisor (decision maker) was unavailable to participate in the interview because he had to give a tour of the lab to the FDA. Interview was carried out in turns by two groups of employees, the upstream processing associates (the position you are interviewing for) and the managers(?). The associates told me that their feedback have no impact whatsoever. I was told from the start that the interview is informal since it is only a one year contract. Questions asked were about my school, strengths/weaknesses, experience in research, and knowledge/skills regarding aseptic technique, mammalian cell cultures, and bioreactors. The managers(?) and associates claimed that I had all the skills and experience required to perform the job. However, I did not hear back from Bristol-Myers Squibb. I am assuming I did not because I probably did not have as much experience as the other interviewees since I am a recent graduate. Another factor may be that I did not get to interview with the supervisor personally.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have any questions for us?" Considering I asked questions to the previous group, no. Unless I ask the same ones acting clueless.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

First run phone interview with HR. Second run phone interview with hiring managers. Third run on-site interview with hiring managers and other group members one-to-one for 5 hours including lunch interview. All the people there are very nice and I was comfortable with the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict with others at workplace?
      Tell me a example that you used a new method to help the team finishing a project.
      Strengths and weaknesses.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Process took 2 months
    Couple of phone interview and 1 face to face
    Interview last for 4 hrs
    Met 5 team members
    1 hr presentation of PhD work + one hr phone call interview

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Had a phone interview a couple of days after applying. I was asked standard behavioral interview questions. Received a follow up call from the contractor the next day and was asked additional questions regarding salary, benefits, hours, dates etc. Accepted the position on the spot

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

I meant a recruiter at a career fair and I was asked on an interview for the same day at my school. On the interview I was asked questions like: What are your weaknesses? Do you have any technical writing skills? and other questions like that. There were only about 10 questions.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges have you been faced with and how did you face them?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

It was a convoluted and drawn out process with a little keystone cops thrown in for good measure. Lots of phone interviews mixed in with in person and back to phone. Was not even sure that I got the job even after getting the offer! Definitely need to improve the process since I hear it still can be bad.

Interview Questions
    • It's been a while but many were arbitrary and had nothing to do with the job.   Answer Question
    They were taken aback that I would dare ask.