Bristol-Myers Squibb

117 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2013.

Interview Details – it took more than 5 weeks to get the interview done. Two runs of phone interviews and 1 onsite interview. Talked to quite a few people, good experience.

Interview Question – how do you handle conflicts?   Answer Question

Professional Level Position Interview

Professional Level Position
Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in June 2014.

Interview Details – Behavioral based questions; Tell me about a time that you led a team and an obstacle that you faced? Tell me about a time that you led a matrix team. Tell me about a time that you had the opportunity to improve something. Tell me about the most difficult person you have had to work with. Tell me about someone that you have helped to grow.

Interview Question – What is your vision of the future of this organization in 10 years?   Answer Question

Associate Media Manager Interview

Associate Media Manager
Plainsboro, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in September 2013.

Interview Details – There are usually 3-4 in person interviews with hiring manager and those that you'll be working closely with in the position. A rubric is used when asking questions in the interview. The interviewer will ask generic questions about your resume and experience then based on a behavior guide.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were a key member of a project team and the project did not go as anticipated.
Tell me about a time when you built a relationship with a challenging external or internal colleague.
Tell me about a situation in which you had to implement a significant change.
Tell me about a recent project or initiative that was challenging to complete.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a little lower than I expected, I nudged a little and was given a slightly higher offer

Documentation Specialist Interview

Documentation Specialist
Humacao, PR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in August 2012.

Interview Details – Temporary position with an external agency for a project. First communication was by phone asking previous experience performing this task before, then an interview was schedule at BMS site. The process was very fast, it took a week approximately.

Interview Question – During the onsite interview process, they explained the work in detail and questions were very specifically about my experience in that job function.   View Answer

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I

I applied online and interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter; asked about basic information. The onsite interview was almost the whole day. Was interviewed by people above the position level. Most of the interviewers asked some pre-set behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Can you explain ... (unrelated field to the job and my previous experience; but something that the director is interested in )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for more ; didn't get it

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2012.

Interview Details – Normal Interview process. Behavior questions. Nothing was unexpected. Just prepare for typical behavioral questions. The key is to ask and demonstrate that you are capable to do the job. Speak about what you know and try to look like an expert.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the salary just for few thousands and they accepted.

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Princeton, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, followed by email contact from HR to schedule interview. Met with HR, hiring manager and a number of stakeholders on a half day long interview circuit. HR contacted me with initial offer to be followed by formal written offer if accepted.

Interview Question – How do you handle admitting to mistakes made on the job   Answer Question

Procurement Co-Op Interview

Procurement Co-Op

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – campus recruiting. 2 phone interviews with behavior questions, nothing unexpected. and 1 on site interview.1:1 in 40 min. good experience. nice interviewers. make sure you know why you choose BMS? do some research before interview on their website.

Interview Question – there is no difficult question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2013.

Interview Details – Submit your resume via school or email to Hiring Manager, receive word back from HM within a week or so, with blocks of interview times so I can pick and choose the best time. Interview was phone based and very pleasant, mostly to discuss the project that the job involved and some skills I would need to learn or research before starting

Interview Question – None were surprising or difficult. There were some generic tell me about a weakness and how you've overcame it, and asking about your past experiences at related previously-held jobs/internships, but the rest were very focused on the project and mostly me asking questions about the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern there's really not much you can negotiate.

Drug Safety Evaluation Intern Interview

Drug Safety Evaluation Intern
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process involved two phases. The first phase was a phone interview with 3-4 scientists from different departments within the Drug Safety Evaluation division. The questions asked in the phone interview mainly involved the details of your experiences on your resume (e.g., past research) and your reasons of interest in the research position. The second phase was an onsite interview by invitation, and involved meeting 2 scientists from each department to discuss in greater detail about your past experiences and expectations for interns offered a position in Drug Safety Evaluation. During each of these mini interviews, the scientists also talked about potential projects on which interns will work and asked questions to gauge the candidate's level of interest and qualifications for completing the project. A final offer for an internship position was given in one of the departments of Drug Safety Evaluation based on the candidate's project interest.

Interview Question – No specific or especially technical questions were asked during the interview. However, it is highly recommended that the candidate knows his or her resume very well, especially about past research experience(s).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate for an intern was standard and non-negotiable. The start and end dates of the internship are strictly set from the last week of May to the first week of August (approximately).

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!