Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2015.

Phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with hiring manager and then brought in for panel review with 4 people. 1 person from HR and remaining people from the Business.

Solution Architect Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

I had applied online and was called for HR interview within 2 weeks after applying. HR interview was easy with quick scan of the resume submitted and few other details about comp, etc. Then follow-up phone interview was arranged with two people. Meeting was started on time and interviewer was finding it hard to remember the questions he wanted to ask...Most of the questions were very basic and not sure if the interviewer was serious about the process. Somehow he is interested in completing allotted time than finding more about experience or seeing fitment.

Intern Interview

Applied through campus career site. Job was sponsored by college alum. Received interview invite about 2-3 weeks after I submitted my app. I had a 30 min phone interview with 2 scientists. Pretty straightforward, with mostly behavioral questions. A couple technical questions thrown in, but those were easy. Standard phone interview.

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devens, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Devens, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

After 2 days of having applied I got an email to set up and screen phone interview with the HR representative. I got the call right on time, I was told that the interview might take in between 20 to 30 minutes, however the interview took around 15 minutes. Actually there was 1 open question, she asked me "Tell me about you? and how soon I was able to start for the position, and What is my current salary... Unfortunately 4 days later I got and email saying that they moved forward with other candidate.

Biologics Process Operator Interview

Applied through staffing agency, called back in 3 days with interview information. Interviewed for position. Hiring team was very friendly, and laid back. They asked fairly simple questions to gauge personality and technical skills. Toward the end they did throw in a few questions that were a little over the top. Someone with scientific background should be able to explain and provide a decent answer, but an entry level may not. Best advice, don't try to make something up or beat around the bush, just be honest. Waiting to hear back, have been offered a few other positions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what you know about protein isolation and purification and how it applies to this position.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

After waiting several weeks I was contacted by email to arrange a Pre-screening appointment to be done over the phone. I was contacted at the exact time I arranged but that is the only positive thing I can say about this experience. I could hear the interviewer mocking me as I answered her questions. I assume she thought she could not be heard.

Interview Questions
    • The problem is the unprofessional attitude of the recruiter. I am not a fan of the behavioral questions and the "tell me about a time" type questions but I tried to cooperate. I found it difficult to continue to answer the questions while hearing her mock my answers in a rude fashion. It was very difficult to understand why a company would contact me and then act like a 5th grade student who was mocking children in the playground. Clearly she is burned out and this profession does not meet her personality type.   View Answer

Research Investigator II Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

3 interviews - initial meeting at a conference, phone interview (s), and an on - site interview with a panel of 10 individuals - a mixture of senior level scientists and directors.

Biggest emphasis and questions geared towards goodness of the fit to a company. Working as part of a team/matrix environment, and scientific ability. Be honest about your answers ...

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked as part of matrix environment? How?

Have you had a conflict with a colleague? How did you handle it?

Answer Question
    Good offer (within the range I wanted). Didn't negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

The process took about a month. I first had a phone interview with a recruiter who then submitted me for the position. After the submission, I was selected for an in-person interview. I met with 2 people and the interview lasted about an hour. I studied behavioral questions, the company's product line, and the company's mission. None of these was discussed at the interview, but I highly suggest others to study these as some interviewers are harder than others.

The interview was more of a discussion about BMS, what the position entails, and how my resume reflects the position. Be sure to know your weaknesses, your strengths, and what makes a good Project Manager. After about 1 week, I was offered the position through the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate the salary, however I negotiated my start date.

Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

two interviewers were there. as we sat down, they asked me if i have any questions to start with. and they kept doing that throughout the 45 minute interview. they were nice, but they only asked behavioral questions (this was for a PhD position, so I had expected a little bit of science related questions)

Interview Questions
    • what is one piece of advice that you still keep in mind to date   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

I was contacted the same day that I applied. I had 2 phone interviews (one with a recruiter and the other with the hiring manager) followed by an onsite interview to meet with members of the team.