Bristol-Myers Squibb

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Analytical Development and Testing Intern Interview

Bloomsbury, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from a manager and he asked me a few questions about the things i've done and what kind of experience I have. No technical questions whatsoever and very relaxed. After one phone interview (felt more like a phone screening) they gave me an offer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was really allowed

Associate Director Interview

Paterson, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – I went through a recruiting company. I had two phone interviews that were very interesting. One interview cut off the call after ten to fifteen minutes to begin vacation. The other interview was interesting and intriguing. My interviews did not pertain to the position I was most interested in pursuing. I went for an on - site interview. Initially I was supposed to be in one location and ended up at another. This caused many difficulties in arranging travel for an on - site interview. Of the five interviews I completed, only three were helpful and answered my questions. (Although, my questions about the change of location of the interview or the change in position I wanted were never answered). The other two interviewers were rude and egotistical. I had to give a presentation which was particularly difficult because of the confidentiality clauses I signed at my previous employers.

Interview Question – These questions all pertained to behavioral type questions that were poorly worded. If the questions, were more straightforward, the answers would have been easier to answer. One interviewer asked about my previous company and explained the problems BMS had with them. I felt pressured to say negative things about my former company. Instead, I chose to discuss the positive points and colleagues I worked with. Overall, this interviewer was not someone I would want to work with and has a poor demeanor.   View Answer

District Manager Interview

Princeton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted through a recruiter. Talked to HR representative for a phone screen. Was assigned a "handler" to help schedule interviews. This person was very helpful. Multiple phone interviews that took an hour a piece with potential boss and other DM's. Finally met RBD and spoke to VP of sales. Offer came next day. Overall experience was real easy and friendly.

Interview Question – Questions were in the STAR format.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Discussed wiht HR and potential boss. They are flexible on sign on bonus.

Procurement Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – Applied on Rutgers Career Knight, followed by 2 phone interviews and then a 1:1

Interview Question – describe any experience you've had with vendors   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Interview Details – panel interview, be prepared to show sales forecast measured against territory earnings, training and promotional programs implemented with sales personnel, philosophy and track record, mgt philosophy and dealing with non-motivated representatives

Interview Question – balancing the demands from upper management and sales team   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – wanted to work for myself

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – I had interviews with this company for two different positions. Best interviews I ever had!! Both times, I thought that I would probably be offered the position, but, I got rejected both times. The second time, I had to actually seek out my rejection by sending a follow-up email to the hiring manager two weeks after they said I would receive a response. Immediately after sending my email, I received my rejection email. In this day and age of instant electronic communication, I thought that this was quite unprofessional for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. In addition, they have a somewhat large "Candidate Care Center".

Interview Question – In my initial phone interview, I was asked how I was performing against my annual goals at my current employer. Fortunately, I knew this answer, but should have written it out before the interview so I could answer it quickly and smoothly.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

Interview Details – 2 interviews and one phone screen
Took 3 weeks from posting for job to getting phone screen.

Interview Question – Why do you want thus position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Interview Details – Initial interview is by phone. Second interview is with multiple managers; as few as 2 and as many as 4. Each asking a variety of questions related to project management and how you would hand a particular situation. All questions are written and each interview participant is assigned a series of questions to ask the applicant. The interview lasts approximately 2 hours. There is no opportunity to stop for water; and no one offered. The interview process is tiring and requires an ability to think on your feet.

Interview Question – Several questions were asked relating to company vision and products manufactured.   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist

I applied through other source and interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – Behavioral Based interview questions. Network, network, network. If you don't know people here ahead of the interview, your chances are slim to none in getting the position. Be prepared to sell the product and sell yourself. And remember the golden rule to always be closing.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiate. . . they pay for performance.

Processing/Packaging Technician Interview

Mount Vernon, IN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in January 2014.

Interview Details – You have to go through the staffing company in order to get an interview at Bristol-Myers Squibb. The staffing company helps to prep you for the interview. It was a very quick interview, maybe 10-15 minutes. Started off by asking a few questions about my resume to find out where I would best fit. Followed by a few personality questions. Then they opened it up for questions for me to ask.

Interview Question – They asked me to describe a situation in which I had to work an employee that was hard to get along with.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bristol-Myers Squibb interview questions and advice. All 91 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bristol-Myers Squibb employees and interview candidates.