Bristol-Myers Squibb

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.9

Biologics Process Operator Interview

Applied through staffing agency, called back in 3 days with interview information. Interviewed for position. Hiring team was very friendly, and laid back. They asked fairly simple questions to gauge personality and technical skills. Toward the end they did throw in a few questions that were a little over the top. Someone with scientific background should be able to explain and provide a decent answer, but an entry level may not. Best advice, don't try to make something up or beat around the bush, just be honest. Waiting to hear back, have been offered a few other positions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what you know about protein isolation and purification and how it applies to this position.   Answer Question

Operations Administrative Assistant Type Position Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

After waiting several weeks I was contacted by email to arrange a Pre-screening appointment to be done over the phone. I was contacted at the exact time I arranged but that is the only positive thing I can say about this experience. I could hear the interviewer mocking me as I answered her questions. I assume she thought she could not be heard.

Interview Questions
    • The problem is the unprofessional attitude of the recruiter. I am not a fan of the behavioral questions and the "tell me about a time" type questions but I tried to cooperate. I found it difficult to continue to answer the questions while hearing her mock my answers in a rude fashion. It was very difficult to understand why a company would contact me and then act like a 5th grade student who was mocking children in the playground. Clearly she is burned out and this profession does not meet her personality type.   View Answer

Research Investigator II Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

3 interviews - initial meeting at a conference, phone interview (s), and an on - site interview with a panel of 10 individuals - a mixture of senior level scientists and directors.

Biggest emphasis and questions geared towards goodness of the fit to a company. Working as part of a team/matrix environment, and scientific ability. Be honest about your answers ...

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked as part of matrix environment? How?

Have you had a conflict with a colleague? How did you handle it?

Answer Question
    Good offer (within the range I wanted). Didn't negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

The process took about a month. I first had a phone interview with a recruiter who then submitted me for the position. After the submission, I was selected for an in-person interview. I met with 2 people and the interview lasted about an hour. I studied behavioral questions, the company's product line, and the company's mission. None of these was discussed at the interview, but I highly suggest others to study these as some interviewers are harder than others.

The interview was more of a discussion about BMS, what the position entails, and how my resume reflects the position. Be sure to know your weaknesses, your strengths, and what makes a good Project Manager. After about 1 week, I was offered the position through the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate the salary, however I negotiated my start date.

Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

two interviewers were there. as we sat down, they asked me if i have any questions to start with. and they kept doing that throughout the 45 minute interview. they were nice, but they only asked behavioral questions (this was for a PhD position, so I had expected a little bit of science related questions)

Interview Questions
    • what is one piece of advice that you still keep in mind to date   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

I was contacted the same day that I applied. I had 2 phone interviews (one with a recruiter and the other with the hiring manager) followed by an onsite interview to meet with members of the team.

Executive Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Seamless process with decisions being made in just a couple weeks from initial contact to final rounds. Very transparent and comprehensive. Solid two-way conversation and people were generally open minded and honest with questions.

Interview Questions

Timing was off. Great company though.

Upstream Processing Associate - I Year Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in October 2014.

The supervisor (decision maker) was unavailable to participate in the interview because he had to give a tour of the lab to the FDA. Interview was carried out in turns by two groups of employees, the upstream processing associates (the position you are interviewing for) and the managers(?). The associates told me that their feedback have no impact whatsoever. I was told from the start that the interview is informal since it is only a one year contract. Questions asked were about my school, strengths/weaknesses, experience in research, and knowledge/skills regarding aseptic technique, mammalian cell cultures, and bioreactors. The managers(?) and associates claimed that I had all the skills and experience required to perform the job. However, I did not hear back from Bristol-Myers Squibb. I am assuming I did not because I probably did not have as much experience as the other interviewees since I am a recent graduate. Another factor may be that I did not get to interview with the supervisor personally.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have any questions for us?" Considering I asked questions to the previous group, no. Unless I ask the same ones acting clueless.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

First run phone interview with HR. Second run phone interview with hiring managers. Third run on-site interview with hiring managers and other group members one-to-one for 5 hours including lunch interview. All the people there are very nice and I was comfortable with the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict with others at workplace?
      Tell me a example that you used a new method to help the team finishing a project.
      Strengths and weaknesses.

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Process took 2 months