Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.9

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Tampa, FL).

Interview

was contacted by recruiting after apply online, efficient process, recruiter very attentive and professional HR person also called. rapidly brought in for interview (about 2 days after call). was interviewed in a group setting and had private interview with manager. people very respectful and enthusiastic about BMS most people here new to company.

Interview Questions

• asked me about a time when a project didn't go well and how I handled it, asked me what type of work environment and people I worked best, several questions about data work. they need drug test and background check but I think reasonable given nature of work.   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Kenilworth, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two phone interviews with the hiring management and then in-person interviews with 14 people, including video-conferences with folks from two other states. The interviewers were professional and followed a structured interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• If you could buy a skill, what would it be?   1 Answer

Research Investigator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a day-long process which consisted of 6 interviews, a tour of the labs, and an hour-long seminar. Everyone was very friendly and professional, and most technical questions pertained to my PhD research. You could definitely get a sense of the caliber of technicality BMS has from the types of detailed questions that the interviewers asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you managed a project and it did not go as planned.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Edison, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online. I was Contacted by a recruiter within a week. The recruiter asked me about my skills and experience. Also some behavioral questions. I was invited for an onsite interview a week after the recruiter contacted me.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with 4 people in a panel format. Be prepared to talk about your experiences and skills. Prepare for both technical and behavioral questions. The interview took about 2 hours.   Answer Question

Procurement Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

One interview with two different hiring managers. Met at campus career services building. Relatively laid back but very competitive. Expect to hear back between two to three weeks from now.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use macros, pivot tables etc if a manager needed you?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

interviewed twice with 3 people total. The process was fairly easy, as a recruiter set up the entire schedule. It only took about a week to hear back from them, which is refreshingly fast in this day and age with most large corporations.

Associate Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Hopewell, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I met individually with many members of the team as well as the HR talent acquisition person throughout the day. I was taken to lunch by a group of the team and also was asked to give a seminar presentation on a topic of my choosing. The group was very engaged during the talk and asked many questions that I felt enhanced the quality of the talk.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my role working in a team and how I generally interacted with others.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

I can't go into much detail about my interview process with BMS because I had such a bizarre and unique experience. Thus, revealing lots of details could easily identify me. What I'll say is that I had a *very* negative experience recently with BMS and, in the process, encountered complete gaps in communication within the organization, lack of timely decision making, rude treatment and favoritism among other negative qualities. They were offering a competitive base salary and both their products and pipleline are fantastic, but I'm now reconsidering applying for future BMS positions after this.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First had a phone screen followed by an 8 hour 1 on 1 interview with 11 people.Went out for lunch with junior team members.Lots of behavioral questions.One Scientist brought in some worksheets to solve with interesting question.Most others asked general questions about past experience and my goals.Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you have to do to get people from various levels on board for a problem.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Trenton, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with hiring manager and then brought in for panel review with 4 people. 1 person from HR and remaining people from the Business.