Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

First run phone interview with HR. Second run phone interview with hiring managers. Third run on-site interview with hiring managers and other group members one-to-one for 5 hours including lunch interview. All the people there are very nice and I was comfortable with the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with conflict with others at workplace?
      Tell me a example that you used a new method to help the team finishing a project.
      Strengths and weaknesses.
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Process took 2 months
    Couple of phone interview and 1 face to face
    Interview last for 4 hrs
    Met 5 team members
    1 hr presentation of PhD work + one hr phone call interview

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Had a phone interview a couple of days after applying. I was asked standard behavioral interview questions. Received a follow up call from the contractor the next day and was asked additional questions regarding salary, benefits, hours, dates etc. Accepted the position on the spot

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

I meant a recruiter at a career fair and I was asked on an interview for the same day at my school. On the interview I was asked questions like: What are your weaknesses? Do you have any technical writing skills? and other questions like that. There were only about 10 questions.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges have you been faced with and how did you face them?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

It was a convoluted and drawn out process with a little keystone cops thrown in for good measure. Lots of phone interviews mixed in with in person and back to phone. Was not even sure that I got the job even after getting the offer! Definitely need to improve the process since I hear it still can be bad.

Interview Questions
    • It's been a while but many were arbitrary and had nothing to do with the job.   Answer Question
    They were taken aback that I would dare ask.

Scientist I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Got a call from recruiter; asked about basic information. The onsite interview was almost the whole day. Was interviewed by people above the position level. Most of the interviewers asked some pre-set behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain ... (unrelated field to the job and my previous experience; but something that the director is interested in )   Answer Question
    Asked for more ; didn't get it

Procurement Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

campus recruiting. 2 phone interviews with behavior questions, nothing unexpected. and 1 on site interview.1:1 in 40 min. good experience. nice interviewers. make sure you know why you choose BMS? do some research before interview on their website.

Scientist/Engineer Interview

The HR person was very unprofessional. Called me almost an hour later than scheduled time. Asked a few behavioral questions and that was it. The entire conversation was less than 10 minutes.

Professional Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in June 2014.

Behavioral based questions; Tell me about a time that you led a team and an obstacle that you faced? Tell me about a time that you led a matrix team. Tell me about a time that you had the opportunity to improve something. Tell me about the most difficult person you have had to work with. Tell me about someone that you have helped to grow.

Interview Questions
    • What is your vision of the future of this organization in 10 years?   Answer Question

Common of Interview Process Within Company Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in June 2014.

HR was not organized and did not give feedback or even attempt to contact me after the interview process is over. If you make first contact post interview, you will be met with a basic message informing you they will contact you when a decision is made. This is same for most but not all internal employees. Internal employees hear back from external applications more so than internal. Communication is an area HR could work on.

Interview Questions
    • Which job did you apply for? - HR did not know which job I was interviewing for at the time of my 1:1 with one of the managers on the interview team. Therefor could not provide this individual with the correct information   View Answer

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!