Bristol-Myers Squibb

Senior Research Investigator

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR 2 weeks after initial application
Telephone Interview with the Hiring Manager - 3 weeks later
Face to Face Interview - 2 weeks later
Yet to hear the final outcome

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you have failed.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Supply Chain Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – Questions were very behavioral. Asked for 2 strengths and 1 weakness. Asked about times that you felt you were a leader, helped a team through a conflict or solved a conflict on your own or in a team. Also asked what might set you apart from other candidates and WHY choose BMS.

Interview Question – Many of the questions could have the same answer so try to know ahead of time which answers you have to each. They asked what set me apart from other candidates and that was hard to answer for me.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Nothing to do with the company, I just couldn't leave school a semester to do a Co-Op.

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I

I applied online and interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter; asked about basic information. The onsite interview was almost the whole day. Was interviewed by people above the position level. Most of the interviewers asked some pre-set behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Can you explain ... (unrelated field to the job and my previous experience; but something that the director is interested in )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for more ; didn't get it

Interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Interview Details – The interview process was a phone call followed by a series of hour long interviews which lasted roughly 5 hours. The interviewers were friendly and discussion was divided between technical topics and personality topics (how to handle certain situations). Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you failed   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – This was a phone interview with HR

Interview Questions

Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2012.

Interview Details – Normal Interview process. Behavior questions. Nothing was unexpected. Just prepare for typical behavioral questions. The key is to ask and demonstrate that you are capable to do the job. Speak about what you know and try to look like an expert.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the salary just for few thousands and they accepted.

Research Investigator Interview

Research Investigator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – Details are important

Interview Question – How do you explain risk   View Answer

Negotiation Details – good

Research Scientist Interview

Research Scientist

Interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Interview Details – It is a long process of interview. Got the 1st interview from one location. Then another phone interview with HM. Then onsite interview. Took about several months for the whole process.

Interview Question – How to meet deadlines.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

Interview Details – Phone screening then HR conversation

Interview Question – typical behavior q   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Interview Details – Initial interview is by phone. Second interview is with multiple managers; as few as 2 and as many as 4. Each asking a variety of questions related to project management and how you would hand a particular situation. All questions are written and each interview participant is assigned a series of questions to ask the applicant. The interview lasts approximately 2 hours. There is no opportunity to stop for water; and no one offered. The interview process is tiring and requires an ability to think on your feet.

Interview Question – Several questions were asked relating to company vision and products manufactured.   Answer Question

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!