Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

State Government Relations Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Plainsboro, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

A very formal interview and screening process. HR screened all candidates and then it took months for the next round of interviews. The HR part of the interview process was done by phone. The second part of the process was done by the Government Relations Department.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Overall, positive experience, although lengthy. Interviewed with 12 people. Combination of phone and in-person interviews. Questions were repetitive and somewhat superficial depending upon the interviewee. Company paid for travel expenses for in-person interviews.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone screening followed by F2F. The whole process felt artificial in that the role was eventually offered to a internal candidate just before they were due provide feedback for second stage interview. And then as a poor tactic was informed by HR that although they had no feedback for me there may be another role that might be of interest to me.On further questioning i managed to establish that there actually was not a role they had to discuss or offer. Instead it was something that may or may not become available for external candidates..Extremely disappointed by the process i experienced, absolutely no transparency. Would not apply again as i ended up feeling the role was never actually available and the process was merely a box ticking exercise they had to comply with.
    Extremely poor experience from Bristol Myers-Squibb !!

Procurement Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

One interview with two different hiring managers. Met at campus career services building. Relatively laid back but very competitive. Expect to hear back between two to three weeks from now.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use macros, pivot tables etc if a manager needed you?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Edison, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online. I was Contacted by a recruiter within a week. The recruiter asked me about my skills and experience. Also some behavioral questions. I was invited for an onsite interview a week after the recruiter contacted me.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with 4 people in a panel format. Be prepared to talk about your experiences and skills. Prepare for both technical and behavioral questions. The interview took about 2 hours.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

interviewed twice with 3 people total. The process was fairly easy, as a recruiter set up the entire schedule. It only took about a week to hear back from them, which is refreshingly fast in this day and age with most large corporations.

Praktikum Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in January 2015.

Interview

Ich habe mich für ein Praktikum beworben. 3 Wochen nach der Online-Bewerbung habe ich eine Einladung zum Vorstellungsgespräch erhalten. Vorab hat kein, wie sonst üblich, Telefoninterview stattgefunden. Das Gespräch erfolgte mit dem Abteilungsleiter und einem weiteren Mitarbeiter. Beide Gesprächsteilnehmer waren sehr gut vorbereiten. Die Kommunikation während des Vorstellungsgespräch war durchweg sehr freundlich.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First had a phone screen followed by an 8 hour 1 on 1 interview with 11 people.Went out for lunch with junior team members.Lots of behavioral questions.One Scientist brought in some worksheets to solve with interesting question.Most others asked general questions about past experience and my goals.Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you have to do to get people from various levels on board for a problem.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

I can't go into much detail about my interview process with BMS because I had such a bizarre and unique experience. Thus, revealing lots of details could easily identify me. What I'll say is that I had a *very* negative experience recently with BMS and, in the process, encountered complete gaps in communication within the organization, lack of timely decision making, rude treatment and favoritism among other negative qualities. They were offering a competitive base salary and both their products and pipleline are fantastic, but I'm now reconsidering applying for future BMS positions after this.

Process Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Ithaca, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the university's website and was picked to do a 45 minute on-campus interview. I interviewed with two people, one was the Director of Global Manufacturing and Supply and the other was a Senior Scientist working in the same department. They first told me their story of how they got to working at BMS, then told me about the company and the position. They then asked me if I had any questions. Afterwards, they pulled out a long list of behavior questions, and asked me several of them. Afterwards, they asked if I had questions again and then the interview was over. I sent a follow-up and they got back to me in a month telling me they were not pursuing my candidacy any further.

Interview Questions

• Is there an instance where you worked with someone who always needed to be challenged or else they would be bored and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Is there an instance you worked with someone who wasn't cooperative and how did you deal with he/she?   Answer Question