Bristol-Myers Squibb

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.9

Senior Research Investigator I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in September 2014.

Submitted resume online. HR got back to me pretty quickly and basically made sure I had all the basic skills posted in the job. Couple of week later came the phone interview with the hiring manager who told me he'd like me to come to give a lecture and interview session.

Lecture went well and people asked relevant questions. One-on-one interviews also went well. Talked with scientists of similar or higher rank mostly. People seemed to appreciate my skill set.

Majority of the people didn't ask any "situational" question supplied by HR.

Site visit was followed by 2 more phone calls with higher ups, another discussion with HR which included description of benefits and such and them checking my references.

After all this, I must say I was surprised not to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • No specific "difficult" question. Mostly just discussions regarding work and research   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

The recruiters, coordinators and scientist/engineers and managers who interviewed me were all very genuine, straightforward and knowledgeable about the science. Each interviewer were assigned a specific set of HR questions that they had to go through, but everyone was more interested in talking about their own research/work and asking about my experience instead. The entire process was surprisingly smooth and pleasant, especially given that it was an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I did not get any technical questions that were not directly related to this position, but as always some HR questions were a little awkward to answer perfectly.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in May 2013.

I applied online and got phone interview from hiring manager, we talked around 30 minutes basiclly go through my resume. No unexpected question, just some general question about how do you know about BMS, what is clinical trial and went through of my resume.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

The process took about a month. I first had a phone interview with a recruiter who then submitted me for the position. After the submission, I was selected for an in-person interview. I met with 2 people and the interview lasted about an hour. I studied behavioral questions, the company's product line, and the company's mission. None of these was discussed at the interview, but I highly suggest others to study these as some interviewers are harder than others.

The interview was more of a discussion about BMS, what the position entails, and how my resume reflects the position. Be sure to know your weaknesses, your strengths, and what makes a good Project Manager. After about 1 week, I was offered the position through the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate the salary, however I negotiated my start date.

Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

two interviewers were there. as we sat down, they asked me if i have any questions to start with. and they kept doing that throughout the 45 minute interview. they were nice, but they only asked behavioral questions (this was for a PhD position, so I had expected a little bit of science related questions)

Interview Questions
    • what is one piece of advice that you still keep in mind to date   Answer Question

Upstream Processing Associate - I Year Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in October 2014.

The supervisor (decision maker) was unavailable to participate in the interview because he had to give a tour of the lab to the FDA. Interview was carried out in turns by two groups of employees, the upstream processing associates (the position you are interviewing for) and the managers(?). The associates told me that their feedback have no impact whatsoever. I was told from the start that the interview is informal since it is only a one year contract. Questions asked were about my school, strengths/weaknesses, experience in research, and knowledge/skills regarding aseptic technique, mammalian cell cultures, and bioreactors. The managers(?) and associates claimed that I had all the skills and experience required to perform the job. However, I did not hear back from Bristol-Myers Squibb. I am assuming I did not because I probably did not have as much experience as the other interviewees since I am a recent graduate. Another factor may be that I did not get to interview with the supervisor personally.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have any questions for us?" Considering I asked questions to the previous group, no. Unless I ask the same ones acting clueless.   Answer Question

Scientist I Interview

I was contacted the same day that I applied. I had 2 phone interviews (one with a recruiter and the other with the hiring manager) followed by an onsite interview to meet with members of the team.

Executive Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Seamless process with decisions being made in just a couple weeks from initial contact to final rounds. Very transparent and comprehensive. Solid two-way conversation and people were generally open minded and honest with questions.

Interview Questions

Timing was off. Great company though.

Scientist/Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in July 2014.

I applied online in July 2014. Was contacted about 1.5 weeks later by HR and setup a phone interview. It has been more than 3 months since the phone interview but I haven't been notified of their decision. I contacted them in August 2014 to know more about the hiring status for this job, and they said they are still in the process of making their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Standard situation-specific questions. The question I found difficult (because I didn't understand it well the first time) was "Do I seek self-assessment and work towards improvement?"   Answer Question

Great Experience! Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in January 2013.

The phone interview was the first interview and more detailed about specific responsibilities and abilities. 2 interview on site was meeting with the team and more behavioral based. 3rd interview was with upper management and was a formal interview, but relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral based- conversational. Need to be prepared with specifics to support your answers.   Answer Question