Bristol-Myers Squibb

Average Difficulty
113 candidate interviews

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I

I applied online and interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter; asked about basic information. The onsite interview was almost the whole day. Was interviewed by people above the position level. Most of the interviewers asked some pre-set behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Can you explain ... (unrelated field to the job and my previous experience; but something that the director is interested in )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for more ; didn't get it

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2012.

Interview Details – Normal Interview process. Behavior questions. Nothing was unexpected. Just prepare for typical behavioral questions. The key is to ask and demonstrate that you are capable to do the job. Speak about what you know and try to look like an expert.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the salary just for few thousands and they accepted.

Clerical/Kaufmännische Stelle Interview

Clerical/Kaufmännische Stelle
Munich (Germany)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – I was met punctually in the lobby and taken to an interview room. I was interviewed by the department manager and one peer employee. The interview was friendly and informative on both sides. I left with a good feeling and was offered the job the same day.

Interview Question – As this was for a temp position, the interview was perhaps less rigorous than it might have been otherwise. I was asked about my relevant experience mainly.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Princeton, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, followed by email contact from HR to schedule interview. Met with HR, hiring manager and a number of stakeholders on a half day long interview circuit. HR contacted me with initial offer to be followed by formal written offer if accepted.

Interview Question – How do you handle admitting to mistakes made on the job   Answer Question

Procurement Co-Op Interview

Procurement Co-Op

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – campus recruiting. 2 phone interviews with behavior questions, nothing unexpected. and 1 on site interview.1:1 in 40 min. good experience. nice interviewers. make sure you know why you choose BMS? do some research before interview on their website.

Interview Question – there is no difficult question   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Clinical Protocol Data Manager Interview

Clinical Protocol Data Manager
Braine-l'Alleud (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very easy, given that I was a former employee of the company with great performance and had the referral from very relevant employees. The hiring process involved the revision of my previous performance assessments and a couple more questions about my decisions to why would I accept the challenge related to the role. I would say my case is not one to be taken into account by other candidates.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2013.

Interview Details – Submit your resume via school or email to Hiring Manager, receive word back from HM within a week or so, with blocks of interview times so I can pick and choose the best time. Interview was phone based and very pleasant, mostly to discuss the project that the job involved and some skills I would need to learn or research before starting

Interview Question – None were surprising or difficult. There were some generic tell me about a weakness and how you've overcame it, and asking about your past experiences at related previously-held jobs/internships, but the rest were very focused on the project and mostly me asking questions about the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern there's really not much you can negotiate.

Drug Safety Evaluation Intern Interview

Drug Safety Evaluation Intern
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process involved two phases. The first phase was a phone interview with 3-4 scientists from different departments within the Drug Safety Evaluation division. The questions asked in the phone interview mainly involved the details of your experiences on your resume (e.g., past research) and your reasons of interest in the research position. The second phase was an onsite interview by invitation, and involved meeting 2 scientists from each department to discuss in greater detail about your past experiences and expectations for interns offered a position in Drug Safety Evaluation. During each of these mini interviews, the scientists also talked about potential projects on which interns will work and asked questions to gauge the candidate's level of interest and qualifications for completing the project. A final offer for an internship position was given in one of the departments of Drug Safety Evaluation based on the candidate's project interest.

Interview Question – No specific or especially technical questions were asked during the interview. However, it is highly recommended that the candidate knows his or her resume very well, especially about past research experience(s).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate for an intern was standard and non-negotiable. The start and end dates of the internship are strictly set from the last week of May to the first week of August (approximately).

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Plainsboro Center, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and a corporate recruiter contacted me a week later. Did a 15-20 minute phone screen during which the recruiter was energetic, positive and welcoming. Boy did that change after the interview.

I did an onsite interview at two locations with six different. I went to one site in the morning, then had to travel to the second site, have lunch with one of the hiring managers, and then finish up my day with three other directors.

The company didn't ask me anything about my qualifications for the position I was applying for, and were ill-prepared for the interview. Four of the six people I interviewed with asked me the EXACT same behavioral questions in the exact same order. It was more than a difficult interview, it was pointless. The interviewers were also very rude and seemed to delight in asking tangential, offbeat questions that had next to nothing to do with the job for which I was applying.

After leaving, the recruiter's tone completely changed. Didn't answer any of my followup emails or phone calls. When I finally did hear back she told me the panel felt I didn't have enough experience for the job. I don't see how they could have made that assumption when none of the six actually asked me about my qualifications. And they made this determination despite the fact that I had 12 years experience doing exactly what they were hiring for. It was pretty obvious to me by the time I got that impersonal email that I was just a time filler and that they already had their person picked.

Never again.

Interview Question – None were especially difficult, but after answering the same behavioral questions four times in a row, answering became a bit difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Sourcing Associate Interview

Senior Sourcing Associate
Plainsboro, NJ

I applied through other source - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in September 2013.

Interview Details – 6 interviews w/ directors in different areas, all structured around a specific behavior. Toughest part is back-to -back to back interviews although it was nice to have all completed in one day. Once you make it to this part, you should have an offer or answer quickly.

Interview Question – nothing difficult- standard behavior based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – quick reply within a day, acccepted my counter-offer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bristol-Myers Squibb interview questions and advice. All 113 interview reviews posted anonymously by Bristol-Myers Squibb employees and interview candidates.