Bristol-Myers Squibb

121 candidate interviews

Very Easy Interview

Common of Interview Process Within Company Interview

Common of Interview Process Within Company

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in June 2014.

Interview Details – HR was not organized and did not give feedback or even attempt to contact me after the interview process is over. If you make first contact post interview, you will be met with a basic message informing you they will contact you when a decision is made. This is same for most but not all internal employees. Internal employees hear back from external applications more so than internal. Communication is an area HR could work on.

Interview Question – Which job did you apply for? - HR did not know which job I was interviewing for at the time of my 1:1 with one of the managers on the interview team. Therefor could not provide this individual with the correct information   View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Princeton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter with whom I had an initial interview. I then met with an HR rep from the company for a first round. I then met with three directors, including the hiring manager.I subsequently worked with my recruiter for followups and salary negotiation. Overall, not a particularly difficult or stressful situation

Medical Director Interview

Medical Director
Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on line. Had two separate phone screen interviews. One round of interviews involving about 10 interviewers over 10 days period: on site interview with about 5 interviewers, and another 5 interviews conducted by telephone over several days. Many of interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Question – Asked to present seminar on topic of my choice   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – It was a convoluted and drawn out process with a little keystone cops thrown in for good measure. Lots of phone interviews mixed in with in person and back to phone. Was not even sure that I got the job even after getting the offer! Definitely need to improve the process since I hear it still can be bad.

Interview Question – It's been a while but many were arbitrary and had nothing to do with the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were taken aback that I would dare ask.

Principal Engineer Interview

Principal Engineer

I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2013.

Interview Details – it took more than 5 weeks to get the interview done. Two runs of phone interviews and 1 onsite interview. Talked to quite a few people, good experience.

Interview Question – how do you handle conflicts?   Answer Question

Professional Level Position Interview

Professional Level Position
Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in June 2014.

Interview Details – Behavioral based questions; Tell me about a time that you led a team and an obstacle that you faced? Tell me about a time that you led a matrix team. Tell me about a time that you had the opportunity to improve something. Tell me about the most difficult person you have had to work with. Tell me about someone that you have helped to grow.

Interview Question – What is your vision of the future of this organization in 10 years?   Answer Question

Associate Media Manager Interview

Associate Media Manager
Plainsboro, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in September 2013.

Interview Details – There are usually 3-4 in person interviews with hiring manager and those that you'll be working closely with in the position. A rubric is used when asking questions in the interview. The interviewer will ask generic questions about your resume and experience then based on a behavior guide.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were a key member of a project team and the project did not go as anticipated.
Tell me about a time when you built a relationship with a challenging external or internal colleague.
Tell me about a situation in which you had to implement a significant change.
Tell me about a recent project or initiative that was challenging to complete.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a little lower than I expected, I nudged a little and was given a slightly higher offer

Documentation Specialist Interview

Documentation Specialist
Humacao, PR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in August 2012.

Interview Details – Temporary position with an external agency for a project. First communication was by phone asking previous experience performing this task before, then an interview was schedule at BMS site. The process was very fast, it took a week approximately.

Interview Question – During the onsite interview process, they explained the work in detail and questions were very specifically about my experience in that job function.   View Answer

Scientist I Interview

Scientist I

I applied online and interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – Got a call from recruiter; asked about basic information. The onsite interview was almost the whole day. Was interviewed by people above the position level. Most of the interviewers asked some pre-set behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Can you explain ... (unrelated field to the job and my previous experience; but something that the director is interested in )   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked for more ; didn't get it

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2012.

Interview Details – Normal Interview process. Behavior questions. Nothing was unexpected. Just prepare for typical behavioral questions. The key is to ask and demonstrate that you are capable to do the job. Speak about what you know and try to look like an expert.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the salary just for few thousands and they accepted.

Worked for Bristol-Myers Squibb? Contribute to the Community!