Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Associate Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Hopewell, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I met individually with many members of the team as well as the HR talent acquisition person throughout the day. I was taken to lunch by a group of the team and also was asked to give a seminar presentation on a topic of my choosing. The group was very engaged during the talk and asked many questions that I felt enhanced the quality of the talk.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my role working in a team and how I generally interacted with others.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

I can't go into much detail about my interview process with BMS because I had such a bizarre and unique experience. Thus, revealing lots of details could easily identify me. What I'll say is that I had a *very* negative experience recently with BMS and, in the process, encountered complete gaps in communication within the organization, lack of timely decision making, rude treatment and favoritism among other negative qualities. They were offering a competitive base salary and both their products and pipleline are fantastic, but I'm now reconsidering applying for future BMS positions after this.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2015.

Interview

They asked me to choose a topic that is related to statistics and gave a 30-45 minute presentation. With all the questions and answers, the presentation lasted one hour. After the presentation, I had one-on-one talk with different people, about 30 to 45 minutes with each person.

Interview Questions

• Why did you applied this position?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Trenton, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with hiring manager and then brought in for panel review with 4 people. 1 person from HR and remaining people from the Business.

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Redwood City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First had a phone screen followed by an 8 hour 1 on 1 interview with 11 people.Went out for lunch with junior team members.Lots of behavioral questions.One Scientist brought in some worksheets to solve with interesting question.Most others asked general questions about past experience and my goals.Overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you have to do to get people from various levels on board for a problem.   1 Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

I had applied online and was called for HR interview within 2 weeks after applying. HR interview was easy with quick scan of the resume submitted and few other details about comp, etc. Then follow-up phone interview was arranged with two people. Meeting was started on time and interviewer was finding it hard to remember the questions he wanted to ask...Most of the questions were very basic and not sure if the interviewer was serious about the process. Somehow he is interested in completing allotted time than finding more about experience or seeing fitment.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career site. Job was sponsored by college alum. Received interview invite about 2-3 weeks after I submitted my app. I had a 30 min phone interview with 2 scientists. Pretty straightforward, with mostly behavioral questions. A couple technical questions thrown in, but those were easy. Standard phone interview.

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devens, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Devens, MA).

Interview

After 2 days of having applied I got an email to set up and screen phone interview with the HR representative. I got the call right on time, I was told that the interview might take in between 20 to 30 minutes, however the interview took around 15 minutes. Actually there was 1 open question, she asked me "Tell me about you? and how soon I was able to start for the position, and What is my current salary... Unfortunately 4 days later I got and email saying that they moved forward with other candidate.

Medical Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Plainsboro, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, which was composed of general questions and background information. This was followed by an in person interview of a panel of five people. My pet peeve from interviewing at BMS, is that even after a live interview they do not get back back to you, for weeks or even months, and you need to keep calling HR to get a follow up on information.

Interview Questions

• BMS is all about behavioral interview questions. Everyone has a sheet of paper with the same questions and boxes to check off. All the questions started with "tell me about a time when.." So, have all of your stories ready. They asked so many questions from the HR list, that they didn't leave any time to really ask you what you are good at, and to tell you about the job.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through staffing agency, called back in 3 days with interview information. Interviewed for position. Hiring team was very friendly, and laid back. They asked fairly simple questions to gauge personality and technical skills. Toward the end they did throw in a few questions that were a little over the top. Someone with scientific background should be able to explain and provide a decent answer, but an entry level may not. Best advice, don't try to make something up or beat around the bush, just be honest. Waiting to hear back, have been offered a few other positions as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you know about protein isolation and purification and how it applies to this position.   Answer Question