Bristol-Myers Squibb

Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.9

Senior Scientist, Spectroscopy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2014.

Applied through employee referral. HR lady called in with a hiring manager followed up with phone interview in 2 weeks. Invited for onsite interview at the New Brunswick site after "duly impressing" HM. Met with HM, a principal scientist, a Sr scientist, an associate director each for 30 min. Then phone interviewed with HR again in the afternoon. Phone interviewed with an associate director next day because of missed appointment. Four weeks later, received an email declining me for a Scientist I position I never applied.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question from HR lady: how to balance speed and quality. Strange question from HR working in pharmaceutical industry, since quality tops everything in pharma   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2014.

I applied online, followed by email contact from HR to schedule interview. Met with HR, hiring manager and a number of stakeholders on a half day long interview circuit. HR contacted me with initial offer to be followed by formal written offer if accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle admitting to mistakes made on the job   Answer Question

Procurement Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Applied on Rutgers Career Knight, followed by 2 phone interviews and then a 1:1

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

I had interviews with this company for two different positions. Best interviews I ever had!! Both times, I thought that I would probably be offered the position, but, I got rejected both times. The second time, I had to actually seek out my rejection by sending a follow-up email to the hiring manager two weeks after they said I would receive a response. Immediately after sending my email, I received my rejection email. In this day and age of instant electronic communication, I thought that this was quite unprofessional for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. In addition, they have a somewhat large "Candidate Care Center".

Interview Questions
    • In my initial phone interview, I was asked how I was performing against my annual goals at my current employer. Fortunately, I knew this answer, but should have written it out before the interview so I could answer it quickly and smoothly.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

panel interview, be prepared to show sales forecast measured against territory earnings, training and promotional programs implemented with sales personnel, philosophy and track record, mgt philosophy and dealing with non-motivated representatives

Interview Questions
    • balancing the demands from upper management and sales team   Answer Question

wanted to work for myself

Sales Representative Interview

2 interviews and one phone screen
    Took 3 weeks from posting for job to getting phone screen.

No negotiations

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2014.

The process was easy. First I received a phone call, next I was followed up for an in-person interview. Mostly behavioral questions, then was asked two simple questions about packaging.

HOWEVER, I find it to be very unprofessional and disrespectful for a company such as BMS not to follow up after my final interview. I have contacted the company asking for an update and was told I'd hear back about the decision within the next two weeks. I did not. I've never had that experience with any other company.
    Do not lie to your applicants that thy'll hear back. Is it really that difficult for the HR person to have a generic e-mail saying "thank you, but no thank you?"

Drug Safety Evaluation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2014.

The interview process involved two phases. The first phase was a phone interview with 3-4 scientists from different departments within the Drug Safety Evaluation division. The questions asked in the phone interview mainly involved the details of your experiences on your resume (e.g., past research) and your reasons of interest in the research position. The second phase was an onsite interview by invitation, and involved meeting 2 scientists from each department to discuss in greater detail about your past experiences and expectations for interns offered a position in Drug Safety Evaluation. During each of these mini interviews, the scientists also talked about potential projects on which interns will work and asked questions to gauge the candidate's level of interest and qualifications for completing the project. A final offer for an internship position was given in one of the departments of Drug Safety Evaluation based on the candidate's project interest.

Interview Questions
    • No specific or especially technical questions were asked during the interview. However, it is highly recommended that the candidate knows his or her resume very well, especially about past research experience(s).   Answer Question
    Hourly rate for an intern was standard and non-negotiable. The start and end dates of the internship are strictly set from the last week of May to the first week of August (approximately).

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Behavioral Based interview questions. Network, network, network. If you don't know people here ahead of the interview, your chances are slim to none in getting the position. Be prepared to sell the product and sell yourself. And remember the golden rule to always be closing.

Interview Questions
    Yes, negotiate. . . they pay for performance.

Project Manager Interview

Initial interview is by phone. Second interview is with multiple managers; as few as 2 and as many as 4. Each asking a variety of questions related to project management and how you would hand a particular situation. All questions are written and each interview participant is assigned a series of questions to ask the applicant. The interview lasts approximately 2 hours. There is no opportunity to stop for water; and no one offered. The interview process is tiring and requires an ability to think on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were asked relating to company vision and products manufactured.   Answer Question