Bristol-Myers Squibb

Relevance Date Difficulty

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer

Interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Interview Details – Just first round interview. No technical questions. Interviewers are very kind.

Interview Question – No, all questions are common   Answer Question

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Medical Science Liaison
Plainsboro, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in June 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen, presentation and 3-4 interviews with home office medical team.

Interview Question – The usual questions aboug addressing a specific issue in past position and dealing with a difficult team member   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a top of range and got nowhere.

Global Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Global Supply Chain Co-Op
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was a difficult interviewing process. Total of 3 rounds, 2 rounds of in person interviews with multiple people and a final round of a phone interview. Could be because i applied from a major university, questions for me were very analytical, biased on my previous work experience. Recruiters depend from person to person, had some very nice recruiters and some difficult ones, but ultimately a great company to work for. Had a total of 5 offers and choose BMS.

Interview Question – Asked me a very technical question about my previous work experience, and asked me why i chose BMS, what do i have to bring to the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation, BMS was one of my top choices and i gladly accepted.

Associate Scientist Interview

Associate Scientist
Devens, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – I submitted applications to several positions on the career section of the BMS website over the course of two weeks or so and eventually got an email they wanted to talk to me by phone. I set up a time using their online scheduling tool which didn't have an open slot for more than a week. The interview was with a remote HR person and the questions she asked were mostly non-technical (what is your communication style, tell me about a time you overcame a challenge etc.). I am an inexperienced interviewer and got flustered so it wasn't very surprising that they sent me a follow-up email that they weren't interested.

Interview Question – I forget the exact wording, but she asked me to talk about my experience handling difficult coworkers.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb

Interview Details – The interview process was a phone call followed by a series of hour long interviews which lasted roughly 5 hours. The interviewers were friendly and discussion was divided between technical topics and personality topics (how to handle certain situations). Overall a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you failed   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Community Product Specialist Interview

Community Product Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter then face to face, then final interview. Entire process is lengthy. Expect at least 4-6 weeks. The managers I interviewed with in the Pacific Northwest were rather difficult. One was very disengaged while reading messages on his phone, the other was superficially nice, but as the interview progressed had a very aggressive/critical way of interviewing. Examples that I would give of a behavior were restated and belittled by the manager so as to sound negative. I withdrew candidacy after interview. The managers' behavior in the interview is indicative of a culture I do not want to be a part of.

Interview Question – How does an oncologist run their business?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Bloomsbury, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2013.

Interview Details – I submit my CV online and got an email reply to confirm the phone interview the second day. Then I scheduled a phone interview which was on time and lasted 45 min roughly. I got the internship offer in 3 days.

Interview Question – How do you see your background is not 100% matching the position   Answer Question

Senior Research Investigator Interview

Senior Research Investigator

Interview Details – Phone Interview with HR 2 weeks after initial application
Telephone Interview with the Hiring Manager - 3 weeks later
Face to Face Interview - 2 weeks later
Yet to hear the final outcome

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you have failed.   Answer Question

Procurement Co-Op Interview

Procurement Co-Op

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – Went to the career fair and spoke with the recruiters. They looked at my resume and offered me an interview the next day. The interview went well. Asked the typical behavioral questions like in most interviews. They recruiters were both very friendly.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Maintenance Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Give specifics about everything situation. No generalization.   Answer Question