Bristol-Myers Squibb

Very Easy Interview

Summer Interview

Summer
Wallingford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for the internship program. 1 round of interview by phone. The director called me asking about my research experience in details. I got a match with their position, and thus got the intern.

Interview Question – The details of my research experience.   Answer Question

Print Specialist Interview

Plainsboro, NJ

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in December 2012.

Interview Details – Extensive interview process, background and drug screening

Interview Question – Describe a time you delegated to another person   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very short, limited flexibility on salary

Strategy and Analytics Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – There's 3 interviews then a brunch and dinner. They're very brutal with their questions and have a lot of applicants. there's the usual ones like why BMS or why this particular position. They don't like it if you apply for multiple positions in the pharmaceutical field that have little in common. I applied as a pharmacy student at ASHP's clinical midyear

Interview Question – Give me a time when you were unable to meet a deadline.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

East Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in January 2008.

Interview Details – got a referral from a doctor. no signing bonus. 7 interviews that you must go through. they asked for a resume, cv and a brag book. must pass drug test and background check. must take a personality test. must pass training in NJ in order become a rep

Interview Question – why do u want to work at BMS and why do u want to leave your current company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – specialty pharmaceutical representative is better

Technical Training Advisor Interview

Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview Details – I was working at BMS through a contracting company, when my Manager realized on the first day that I would be perfect for a different full time position that I had applied for two months previous. I neer heard anything back on the original application. The Manager contacted the Manager for the other position, and she came up from a NJ site the next day to meet with me. She asked if I would come to a NJ site to be interviewed by the team I would be working with, and I accepted. I went to NJ and interviewed with a great group of people as well as the Departmental Director. Questions were asked in both interviews about my skills, and some behavioral questions. It was professional and completely appropriate. They were very welcoming.

When the Manager I would be reporting to asked the HR Department why they never called me for an interview originally, they told her that my resume and application got "lost" in their system. They actually found it when they were asked to locate it.

I was called a week later by the Manager I would report to and she asked me if I would accept the position, and laid out the starting salary and basic benefits information, as well as the detailed requirements of the position. I accepted over the phone, background checks and reference checks were performed, and I began that position two weeks later on a Monday.

I didn't think I should have had to drive 3 hours each way to have the panel interview. That could have been done via video-conference just as effectively.

Interview Question – There weren't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. This was a new position on a new team. The salary had already been decided. However, the salary was generous and more than fair.

Associate Research Scientist Interview

Associate Research Scientist
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in September 2011.

Interview Details – Every thing that big pharma job interview consists

phone with HR, Phone with team, Personal interviews with each member of team, Presentation with Q&A.

Interview Question – Explain the type of work you do at your present job, challenges, examples   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Plainsboro, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in May 2012.

Interview Details – I called the internal audit manager after being told by a recruiter that he was interested in speaking to me. I thought the interview went well until the very end when he says he prepared a TEST for me over the phone! I couldn't believe that I had a test during an initial pre-screening. It was extremely detailed "what account do you debit and credit" type of questions when my resume says I haven't done general accounting in over 3 years. I am an auditor not an accountant.

Interview Questions

• If I give a patient a 10% discount and the item is $100, what accounts do you debit and credit?   Answer Question
  • How do you book an inventory reserve in terms of what account do you debit and credit   Answer Question

Clinical Manager Interview

New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in July 2010.

Interview Details – Ability to learn and grow, emphasis on scientific learning and encouraging knowledge sharing. Management emphasizes research and publication as key to growth and development.

Evaluate the process of outsourcing and the actual cost to the company, and don't just go by the estimate of the person who is doing the outsourcing as they will always not account for the other costs and have a vested interest in showing that outsourcing works. IT might work in some cases, but in many others, we are compromising on the integrity on the data and also frustrate the scientist who overseas such outsourced projects.

Being a large institution the process sometimes gets to bureaucratic. Decisions are not always based on sound scientific judgement. Sometimes, it feels like a dog eat dog world.

Interview Question – Give an instance where you had to voice concern over a fellow colleauge and how did you approach it.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-op Interview

Supply Chain Co-op
Plainsboro, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in February 2012.

Interview Details – I met with representatives at a college career fair. They took my resume and called me back later in the day to schedule an interview on campus the next day. I had the interview and received a phone call with the co-op offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Princeton, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was late; I was greeted in the lobby by an inarticulate young woman who unfortunately did not take the time to introduce herself or explain who she was; then instructed me to follow her into (loud) the cafeteria during lunch hour. I askedwhere would the interview be conducted and she didn't seem to know, couldn't explain what next setps were.

She was very disintereted in reviewing the detailsof my work history even when I tried to refer to my resume which she had apparently not read. many questions and she answered with the simple answers of a very inexperienced emplyoee (I learned she had only been employed for four months in her current position). I tried to fill in the awkward silences as lunch chairs banged around us and hungry, happy employees filtered in. The hiring manager was delayed almost 20 minutes. The "fill-in" interviewer apparently had tasks which were more important than interviewing me nor did she want to share too many details about the employment opportunity. She pulled out her ipad and leaned face down into it and poked around, stopping only to crane and twist,awkwardly looking for her manager to arrive. She was obviously in siituation she was not able to handle; inexperienced in talking about project details, seemed unfamilair with and overwhelemd with the work she was trying to explain. Seemed uncomfortable talking with someone she didn't know, was not able to converse well. This interview required much patience and when the hiring manager arrived, Ilearned some of the "facts" iwas given were apparently not factual.

When the manager arrived, she prompted questions which were apparently planned ahead to be reviewed by the young apprentice: daily hours, start times, typical project processes which had not been reviewed. The hiring manager gave sidewards glances, with annoyed facial expressions at the young "fill-in". The group experience was very uncomfortable. When the hiring manager finally asked relevant questions regarding my resume and in my estimation the interview finally began 30 minutes later, it was peak lunch time and we could hardly hear each other accross the table with the crowds of talking, laughing people all around us. There was no opportunity to talk in detail about any of the many project details and processes I had managed in my many years experience in advertsing agencies and creative services. When the hiring manager realized the time had not been well spent, when my "fill-in" was substituting for her manager, with misinformation/no information given to me in manager's absence, the interview ended abruptly.

It was the worst interview I have ever been on: rudeness to a point of incivility descibes the young person who was unqualified to be given the task to meet with me. I had an awkward experience and perhaps that is why the hiring manager was (deliberately?) late....? There were obvious issues between these two employees.

Needless to say, with obvious departmental issues, I was not offered the position, nor did I want the opportunity to be employed with that particular "team".

Interview Question – Hiring Manager: Did "fill-in" review the daily hours and start time and do you know about the overtime terms?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bristol-Myers Squibb