British Airways Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2014
Updated Aug 10, 2014

3.1

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at British Airways in October 2010.

Always well structured and focuses on experiences as much as qualifications. Very friendly and made to feel comfortable. Many example based questions

Interview Questions
    • Uses in some cases different project management terminology which may confuse   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application was online. I next recieved a phone call followed by an email invitation to take a test on a computer consisting of scenarios to apply common sence solutions to customer questions and complaints. Applicants are then tested on very basic math problems as well as computer keyboard skills.

Interview Questions
    • What job do yuo expect to be doing in 5 years?   View Answer
    Nonexistant. It was a union job.

Customer Contact Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at British Airways in March 2010.

One phone interview two follow face to face interviews

Customer Service Agent Interview

Long surveys and questionnaires on line (at least 2 hrs)

Interview Questions
    • Passed on line test, however, no further communication   Answer Question

Ticket Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at British Airways in March 2009.

British Airways looks for polished professionals in both appearance and presentation. Do take the time to look your absolute best as you will be the face of the company greeting their passengers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an irate customer who is flipping out in front of everyone else at the ticket counter.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offer the hourly rate...you take it or leave it.

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at British Airways in March 2009.

Starts with an online application with a breif test of how you would respond to certain customer service situations. Then the next step is a phone interview. After that there is testing you take at the site. There is the basic call center testing that a lot of sites use where they simulate calls and how you would respond. There is also a basic math and reading test to make sure you can handle simple math. Then the final step is an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic to how you would handle customer service situations. Like describe a time you had to make a diffuclt choice. or tell of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answers (2)
    It is union based, there is no negotiation on the salary or your schedule.

Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at British Airways.

Had an average interview - not as hard as I thought it would be. Post was withdrawn after interview due to a possible re-structure. Appeared that the interviewers were more apprehensive than me due to body language.

Interview Questions
    • The age old question - two clients - same deadline - how do you prioritise.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at British Airways in June 2013.

It started with great communications, with email contact.
    Was informed of my CV review.
    Received a telephone Interview, after agreeing a date and time
    I was asked to do Pre-tests before the face to face interview.
    Face to Face panel interview.
    Questions around Software Engineering and Project management.
    Email and Telephone contact for offer with negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • Non technical questions about languages, I speak.
      How many languages do you speak and how will you use them to help in your position.
        View Answer
    Salary

Graduate Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Heathrow, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at British Airways in February 2014.

online application, It took them quite a long time to get back to me.
    followed by online testing was numerical and situation based.
    video interview was interesting as talking to an unresponsive screen is quite challenging.
    finally assessment centre was tricky. The role play was quite difficult to assess how well i did.

Interview Questions
    • All were competency based questions. why do you want to work for British Airways? ...etc   Answer Question

The vibe of the company as a whole was not good. The interview lacked passion for the company I felt.

IT Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at British Airways.

Phone interview was pretty straightforward, standard questions, then a face-to-face was arranged. No really hard technical questions, mainly personality-based. Three interviewees at the face to face, and oddly one interviewer didn't introduce himself, so I said "Sorry I didn't catch your name..." and he introduced himself. Not sure if he just forgot, or if this was some kind of game-playing?

Interview Questions

Received an offer for another graduate position, with a higher starting salary.

Worked for British Airways? Contribute to the Community!