British Airways Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015
Updated Mar 7, 2015

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at British Airways.

This was very odd - I had two telephone interviews - I suppose this was a way of assessing my skills which I would use on the job. Only after "passing" those interviews, I was invited to an all-day workshop type meeting with multiple applicants. During the course of the day, applicants would be asked to go individually into another room and some did not return - I later found that they were rejected and left via another exit. The good thing is most of the interviewing was done by people actually doing the job - with Human Resources involved only at the last stage.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to disagree with your manager, and how did you handle it.   View Answer
    there was no negotiation - this was a unionized position

Ticket Agent Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at British Airways.

Went to a job fair they had. A pierce of general advice: If they have a 2-day thing, go the 2nd day, it is usually not as busy. There was a 3 hour wait but said we could come the next day. I did, arrived an hour early. Seen quickly. Interview was straight-forward and the guy who did it was nice. Did not say it out right but subtly told me that he did not feel I was qualified for the job, but told me not to give up. They job always looking to employ about a dozen people out of a few hundred that applied, they wanted people with ample experience. If you were slightly considered, they passed out to another process of forms and ID verification. If not, a thanks for coming we'll call you by Sunday if interested.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application was online. I next recieved a phone call followed by an email invitation to take a test on a computer consisting of scenarios to apply common sence solutions to customer questions and complaints. Applicants are then tested on very basic math problems as well as computer keyboard skills.

Interview Questions
    • What job do yuo expect to be doing in 5 years?   View Answer
    Nonexistant. It was a union job.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Long surveys and questionnaires on line (at least 2 hrs)

Interview Questions
    • Passed on line test, however, no further communication   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at British Airways in October 2010.

Always well structured and focuses on experiences as much as qualifications. Very friendly and made to feel comfortable. Many example based questions

Interview Questions
    • Uses in some cases different project management terminology which may confuse   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Contact Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at British Airways in March 2010.

One phone interview two follow face to face interviews

Ticket Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at British Airways in March 2009.

British Airways looks for polished professionals in both appearance and presentation. Do take the time to look your absolute best as you will be the face of the company greeting their passengers.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an irate customer who is flipping out in front of everyone else at the ticket counter.   View Answer
    No negotiation. They offer the hourly rate...you take it or leave it.

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at British Airways in March 2009.

Starts with an online application with a breif test of how you would respond to certain customer service situations. Then the next step is a phone interview. After that there is testing you take at the site. There is the basic call center testing that a lot of sites use where they simulate calls and how you would respond. There is also a basic math and reading test to make sure you can handle simple math. Then the final step is an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic to how you would handle customer service situations. Like describe a time you had to make a diffuclt choice. or tell of a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   View Answers (2)
    It is union based, there is no negotiation on the salary or your schedule.

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at British Airways in March 2015.

First the heigth and weigth measured,the second the company presentation.After this alternatively,
    the role play scenario and group exercices.Next step was a general test about the company and general knowledge about aviation.If you re successful after this the interview two to one should be the last one.Be prepared for this interview with examples ready for the questions. Don't worry to ask to move on if you cannot answer the question straight away as they will come back to it.

Interview Questions
    • a moment when you have used at a high level your customer service skills   Answer Question

Mixed Fleet Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at British Airways.

Online Application where you submit your CV and have to provide an example of when you provided excellent customer service.

Once invited to an assessment day, the day is divided up into two parts.

The first half of the day you have to do a role play exercise, a group exercise and a general knowledge test.

Once and if successful, you pass through to the second part of the day which contains a 2 to 1 interview. The interview can last upto 40 minutes but thats not usually the case.

Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you have had to influence/persuade someone to your way of thinking?   Answer Question