British American Tobacco

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.2

Accounts Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at British American Tobacco in July 2009.

Post job advertisment in the local dailies, contact for interview, provide refreshments, iice breakers and aptitude tests. Friendly, receptive interviewers.

Interview Questions
    Benefits and salsries are comprtitive and attractive: there isn't much to negotiate.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco.

I received a phone interview after a week of my application. The phone interview was mainly about which marketing position do I prefer? At the end of the interview, they invited me right away for face to face interview. The interview was mostly behavioural questions. After the interview, the hiring manager invited me to come back the next day for an assessment. The assessment was timed (30 mins). I had to read a retail audit data about BAT's brands and gathered as much as information as possible. After 2 days, I received a phone call from the HR with an offer for the position.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco.

Received interview invitation through recruitment agent. Hiring process includes interview, written test. Got offer in about two weeks time. For some roles, there will be role play, personality test, etc. For MTs, there is assessment centre

Intern Interview

One 1:1 interview question, f you are successful in the psychometric tests, we will invite you to participate in a competency-based telephone interview. In most cases this telephone interview will be conducted in English. You will be able to view available interview timeslots on your account page and sign-up for a time-slot that is convenient for you.

Graduate Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at British American Tobacco.

phone interview followed by a interview. It was a panel interview, which lasted 40 minutes. traditional interview questions. they forgot to call back, and I had to call them to know the result.

Management Trainee Interview

standard recruiting process with a long waiting time: onlines assessments, phone interview, assessment center over 2 days, and final interveiw with head of founction in order to receive an offer.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at British American Tobacco.

Very professional HR listed detailed information before interview and also advised public transportation method to get there.
    The marketing HR had some personal issue so an operation HR was assigned for my interview after the initial interview invitation.
    Interview questions are all cliché like talk about your strength, your weakness, the biggest achievement and the biggest failure, talk about your experience related to marketing. etc

Interview Questions
    • What's your strength? What is the most difficult decision have you ever made?   View Answer

Not Specified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shīrāz, Fars (Iran)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shīrāz, Fars (Iran)

I applied online – interviewed at British American Tobacco in August 2014.

they called me one day before and made an arrangement for next day,the person who interviewed me on the phone was on time. questions were challenging enough and she was polite and kind enough.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco in July 2014.

First stage of interview requires passing a three stage online CEB Assessment where you are required to complete multiple choice questions in three areas (1) Numerical Reasoning, (2) Logical Reasoning and (3) Verbal Reasoning. These assessments are timed and require you to think quickly. The pass mark on average is 65% upwards.

Second stage, is a face to face interview with 3 members of the organisation, typically one of the members is your line manager.

Final stage, is a presentation to the Regional director and an HR director.

Interview Questions
    • BAT questions were structured into 3 categories:-

1) Skills in relation to the role
      2) Leadership
      3) Ability to influence others in wider functions

The interview was all competency based.

View Answer

Finance Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco.

First step after applying through an agency was an online SHL logical reasoning test which was very tough so I was shocked to be called back to the second stage. This consisted of an assessment day of activities and interviews. The final stage was a second interview which was followed by an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a time when you had to influence a senior manager.   Answer Question