British American Tobacco Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.3

Accounts Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at British American Tobacco in July 2009.

Interview

Post job advertisment in the local dailies, contact for interview, provide refreshments, iice breakers and aptitude tests. Friendly, receptive interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Benefits and salsries are comprtitive and attractive: there isn't much to negotiate.

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

Very thorough filtering process. In chronological order, it starts with an online assessment that covers multiple areas (cognitive, logic, numerical, etc), followed by a HR phone interview, face to face panel interview, assessment day and closing interview with the functional head. Toughest stage was probably the face to face interview and assessment day. Do note that each step of the application process is a precursor for the next step. In other words, candidates must pass each stage before moving on to the next.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions, but pretty in depth.   1 Answer

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

Assessment centre attending with few other potential candidates. We were all presented with a scenario and the panel watched how we all teamed up to deal with the issue. Then followed by a presentation. whole process too a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? what can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

I Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at British American Tobacco (Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)) in June 2015.

Interview

Online application. Didn't pass a culture test but I was called later for a one on one interview at their facilities. I was scheduled for one day but at that same day a few hours before the interview, I was cancelled and programmed for next day. I felt that it was a little difficult to get the information out of the recruiter the few times I called during the process.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco (Moscow (Russia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Nothing difficult. A lot of typical questions like: tell me about yourself or what are your strengths and weaknesses or what is your highest achievement. But interviewers were not so friendly and the atmosphere was stressful.

Interview Questions

• what are your weaknesses and strenghts   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview with an external researcher, then an internal (RPO) one, then the hiring manager and someone from talent acquisition; the process is extremely professional; candidates are treated with the upmost respect; Feedback is both sought and offered; it really felt like it was a two-way process. It's slick; Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Too many to name, nothing unusual about the questions, only extremely well meant, positive intention, and respectful   Answer Question

Brand Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

1 CV sent through jobs@bat 2 Phone interview: Check English level and general questions 3 Online Numeric and Verbal Tests 4 HR interview: Fit with company culture 5 N+1 Interview: Team fit & Discussion on skills and career expectations 6 Case Study (N+1, N+2, HR): 1 hr preparation, 15 mins presentation and recommendation, 10 mins of Q&A

Interview Questions

• What skills did you have develop in your previous experiences that can convince us that you will be a good fit for our team? Please illustrate with examples.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

The process begun with a short phone interview which was in response to the CV and cover letter that i submitted. This was followed up with an online assessment with numerical and reasoning tests. The response from the HR team was very prompt in following up after this stage where i was called up for a behavioural interview with 2 of the HR team members. After this, there was still an assessment centre after which the final round would be conducted by HR and the immediate supervisor that i would be reporting to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a particular time when you had to work with a difficult group member, describe a situation when you faced a setback and how you handled it   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Program- Manufacturfing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lekki Peninsula (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at British American Tobacco (Lekki Peninsula (Nigeria)) in April 2015.

Interview

After filling the online form, i immediately received an email confirming to me that my application was successful and that i would be sent another mail on the next phase of the hiring process. In about 4 to 5 minutes later i got the mail and then reviewed it. It's a mail contain the site where i would access the questionnaire form. I was advice to go through the company website to understand everything about the company's business. After doing that i quickly took the test. Unfortunately, having waited for like a week i got a regret mail.

Interview Questions

• Personality based questions   1 Answer

Marketing Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco in April 2015.

Interview

Online Test, Telephone Interview, Assessment Center. Always very professional and the HR-staff got back to me pretty quickly after each stage. It is important to know why you want to work in tobacco industry. You have to be aware that its morally questionable to work for the marketing department of a tobacco industry. I had the feeling you should be able to explain why you want this job throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Name a global brand--> I name Apple --> What makes Apple's marketing so successful? What are their Dos and Dont's in marketing for the future...   Answer Question