British American Tobacco Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

3.2

Intern Interview

Interview

One 1:1 interview question, f you are successful in the psychometric tests, we will invite you to participate in a competency-based telephone interview. In most cases this telephone interview will be conducted in English. You will be able to view available interview timeslots on your account page and sign-up for a time-slot that is convenient for you.

Procurement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

First stage of interview requires passing a three stage online CEB Assessment where you are required to complete multiple choice questions in three areas (1) Numerical Reasoning, (2) Logical Reasoning and (3) Verbal Reasoning. These assessments are timed and require you to think quickly. The pass mark on average is 65% upwards.

Second stage, is a face to face interview with 3 members of the organisation, typically one of the members is your line manager.

Final stage, is a presentation to the Regional director and an HR director.

Interview Questions

• BAT questions were structured into 3 categories:-

1) Skills in relation to the role
      2) Leadership
      3) Ability to influence others in wider functions

The interview was all competency based.

1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

First step after applying through an agency was an online SHL logical reasoning test which was very tough so I was shocked to be called back to the second stage. This consisted of an assessment day of activities and interviews. The final stage was a second interview which was followed by an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you had to influence a senior manager.   Answer Question

Intern (R&D) Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at British American Tobacco (Southampton, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online before having a phone interview and finally a face-to-face interview at the place or work

Interview Questions

• No great difficulty, know your CV and past work experience and the interview should go well. Make you feel very comfortable   Answer Question

Global Insights Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Professional, structured but friendly and informal. Detailed role requirements available at request in addition to job listing details.

Several highly capable applicants from some of the best-known FMCG companies -so quite competitive.

BAT required several rounds of interviews and skills assessment - good referrals are helpful, especially if within the company or supplier base.

Equally keen to evaluate cultural fit as it is competences - mature and rigorous psychological assessments.

Interview Questions

• Evidence of good commercial understanding even for Strategy and Insights roles
      Why Tobacco? Why BAT?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Unstructured, will try to offer highly-standardised packages but you can negotiate base salary and sign-on bonus, not much else.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Were interested in whether you could do the job and had the appropriate knowledge and experience rather than what qualifications you may have, a good and refreshing change, friendly, relaxed but probing both on knowledge and personality

Interview Questions

• Are you a member of any pressure group ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Friendly

Solution Architect Interview

Application

Interview

Interview Process consisted of 3 Phases. Phase 1 - Phone interview with Lead Architect over the phone ( I also followed this up with a face to face meeting which was an informal chat over coffee). Phase 2 - Was a phone interview with HR. Phase 3 was a panel interview with presentation.

Communications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

After applying for the position I was called and invited for interview at the offices. At the interview I met with the hiring manager and HR business partner. The information they provided about the role was descriptive and helpful in assessing my interest in the position - not only looking at the role responsibilities but also the operating environment, social aspects, and future career growth. As part of this interview I was asked a series of "tell me about a time when..." interview questions and then asked to participate in a presentation where I was provided information about a situation and formulated a 10 minute response. Following this interview I was invited for a second interview with the hiring manager and met with other senior staff. Finally, I was called by the HR business partner and offered a position and we negotiated start date etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The team at BAT puts a tremendous amount in to hiring. They have a reputation for treating their staff well, and clearly this starts as part of the hiring process. It was possible to negotiate remuneration and start date.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was quick. First round was a couple of weeks with HR and the hiring manager. I've never seen HR w such smart questions. Then next round is w/ who they think will be your next boss after current role - they already think about your future roles.

Interview Questions

• How do we know you won't get bored in this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still going through it now...will let you know!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

I initially had a telephone interview. This was followed by two competency based interviews. One with a panel and then the final stage with a Senior HR Business Partner.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BAT?   1 Answer