British Columbia Lottery

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at British Columbia Lottery in July 2013.

Interview Details – Basic phone interview. Then 1+ hour in person interview. 2nd interview of 2 hours consisting of interview process and case study

Interview Question – Standard questions. Case study was basic sales year over year analysis but was done by calculator taking up most of the 1 hour time   View Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at British Columbia Lottery in April 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by Staffing Agency that found my resume on Monster.ca. Completed interview with Staffing Agency and within a week, interviewed with client. Waited almost a month and a few changes in the job description before receiving the position as they were exercising their options.

Interview Question – What languages am I familiar with and how comfortable am I at modifying code?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Because of the change in the job description and additional responsibilities, a higher hourly rate was requested due to these changes. We agreed at the halfway point for the increase.

New Business Development Manager Interview

New Business Development Manager
Richmond, BC (Canada)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at British Columbia Lottery in February 2009.

Interview Details – They were very slow in the selection and interview process. It would be weeks between contacts. They were very concerned about if I was ready to work for a crown corporation. The Director I interviewed with was very into herself.

Interview Question – How would you deal working in company that not only had competitive pressures but political ones as well?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slow and very stuck on these salary ranges that people fell into.

Manager, Data Centre Interview

Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at British Columbia Lottery in July 2009.

Interview Details – Slow moving organization that took a long time to contact me after applying. Initial telephone to short list with a panel using a scripted interview. Once short listed, company payed transportation costs to Kamloops. Interview consisted of another panel interview with Director, HR and another group's rep.
Following interview I was given a tour of the organization and the work site. Left to meet with current manager (moving to a new role) and some staff. After this I had a more intimate discussion and lunch with the director. Very positive.
No follow up from company whether I received the role. Later discovered that they reposted the position to find a better fit.

Interview Question – If you were successful in this role how would you deal with an employee who also competed for the position and was unsuccessful.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for British Columbia Lottery? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at British Columbia Lottery interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by British Columbia Lottery employees and interview candidates.