British Council Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

3.2

Branch Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at British Council.

Interview

I applied application online. They acknowledge my application immediately (BC only acknowledge short-listed CV). After 5 working days, BC called me for interview. I had 5 days for interview preparation. The interview is not difficult if you well prepare. BC's interview is Competent-based questions. Read BC's behaviour guide carefully before the interview as the interview panel will ask practical questions regarding your past experience to see how it matches with their culture/value.

Interview Questions

• - Could you tell me how do you build trust?
      - Could you tell me an example in your past where you handled job difficulty?
      - Tell us how did you work with different parties holding different aims?
      - etc

1 Answer

Programming Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at British Council (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

An endless application form followed by questions that were the same as those int he application form. Felt very bureucratic.

Teaching Center Manager Athens Interview

Interview

Applied at the BC online platform and after 10-15 days they sent me an email to inform that i have been selected to proceed with the next phase -interview. The email included all the necessary information such as when, time as well as short description of the interview process. Specifically, mentioned that it would be a panel of three people, the duration would be about an hour and the questions will be focused on the skills and behavior required for the position. The document presenting the position and the required skills, included information about the above requirements.
    Indeed all the issues that we discussed were taken from this document. They asked me to provide them specific examples.

Interview Questions

• How do yoh connect with people?   Answer Question
    • How do you understand the term shared goal and how you manage to communicate this to your team.   Answer Question

Role Within Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at British Council (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy to get to interview. Competency based question based on the job spec, which were straight forward to prepare for and questions about my CV. Unfortunately still haven't had any feedback 3wks later and they are re-advertising the role through other agencies. Not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to influence and work closely with someone.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at British Council (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Mostly only Interview - Structured Behaviours/ Competency based questions. Need to have bank of examples available in order to do well. Once you pass the interview, they will also require references, medical check, and sometimes police check.

Interview Questions

• Generic competency such as team work, initiative, problem solving, planning ahead   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Very slow process to claim travel. The interview process seemed a waste of time, where it seemed they had already selected a person, but were going through the motions. One of the interviewer completely in there own world.

Marketing Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at British Council.

Interview

Quite standard with situational questions with your future boss and related departments. You will have to had good track record because it is obligated that you need to have a reference in person to be officially accepted to work in the company. Also, you will be asked to offer reason why you are a good fit for the company in terms of culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was small ground to negotiate because the process is very standardized

Exams Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied after finding vacancy on line. Had a response within a few days and was called to interview the next week. The interview itself was around 45 minutes long. As the position was based in Paris, questions were asked in both English and French which was a little daunting at first.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions - all questions were based around the competencies that were in the original application.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at British Council (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was tasked to work on a task to write a 500 word business plan to bring a brand new UK product/service into a new East Asian market. Waited 1 week before they came back with confirmation of a phone interview. Was interviewed on the phone by 3 key Directors (who are based in different countries). Questions asked were mainly based on current or past roles/ experiences.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me some innovative sales promotions that you had done previously
      - In 3 bullet points, how are you capable of this position?
      - What are the challenges that you think you would face in this role?
      - Have you faced any challenges in your new territories/ markets and how do you overcome them?
      - KPIs- how are you currently measured against?
      - BC has a strict child safety policy- what are your views on it?

Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at British Council (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Short 45min interview

Interview Questions

Current company improved my package, so stayed