British Gas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Customer Service Advisor
Leicester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at British Gas in May 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out the Application Form,got back to me withing 2/3 weeks stating that I was successful.
Then booked a Telephone Interview,which I was successful in too.
Then booked a Roleplay Telephone Interview,which was thankfully successful!!

Now I have a Face to Face Interview which I have scheduled in a few weeks time,which I am really nervous for!!

Interview Question – Roleplay Telephone Interview may be difficult but keep practicing!   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at British Gas in July 2013.

Interview Details – The initial contact went really well. The HR lady was very personable and friendly. We had a first phone interview that was quite informal. She then scheduled a face to face interview with the corporate HR manager and the division HR head. It was a competency based interview looking to understand the fit of the candidate with British Gas' values. They were both professional and to the point.
I would recommend researching those values and preparing short, impactful stories to highlight your fit.

Overall, they were professional. The very disappointing part for me was that I actually never got an answer from them despite reaching out multiple times to the HR contacts I had. Disappointing coming from an organisation like British Gas.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you put yourself in your customer shoes   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at British Gas.

Interview Details – Recruiter hadn't read my cv and went ahead to let me know. Interview was fine except for that horrible start.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Bait and switch tactics used.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Customer Service Advisor
Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at British Gas in September 2009.

Interview Details – Online application following by phone interview then personal interview including role play telephone calls. Friendly interviewers who paint a lovely picture of the company.

Interview Question – The telephone call was quite hard as had to give bill information on call reading from sheet   Answer Question

Energy Expert Interview

Energy Expert
Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at British Gas.

Interview Details – Face to face interview and role play.

Interview Question – Nothing imaginative or difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer only, no negotiation.

Customer Realationship Manager Interview

Customer Realationship Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at British Gas in November 2012.

Interview Details – The first stage was to complete the online application form and then followed a telephone interview which lasted 15 minutes and had two parts. The first one was the the usual questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Why you want to work there, what can you tell them about Britisg Gas etc.

Then they asked two competency questions:
- tell them about good customer service
- tell them about team work

Interview Question – tell them about good customer service   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at British Gas in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initially screened over the phone the door to door sales representative interview consisted of a number of steps and a final interview day out at a hotel. Apart from generic interview questions about background and experience, the field job interview involved a ‘scenario test’ session. Where you are asked to try and sell the product to one of your customers. One person from the panel acts as a customer and the other one notices your pitch, body language and presentation style.

Final interview is conducted with 2-3 people, lasting about 30-45 minutes it is a much more formal affair with questions regarding your background, experience, ambitions and future goals.

Interview Question – What is your best selling attribute?   Answer Question

IT Technical Lead Interview

IT Technical Lead
Staines, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at British Gas in September 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with line manager where he went over the role and expectations and I was asked to give a brief overview of skills to make sure it was a good match. Duration 20 mins.

Face to face interview 2 days later, kind repeating the above and going into a bit more detail. Interview was with the line manager and one of the senior team members. Nice straight forward interview with none of these fluffy HR type questions. Duration 1 hour.

Interview was at 11:00, by 13:00 I had an offer which I accepted.

If only all interviews were as straight forward as this.

Interview Questions

Operation and Engineering Graduate Interview

Operation and Engineering Graduate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at British Gas in June 2012.

Interview Details – After the online application. was phoned to an 1:1 interview it was with 4 person and it token 1 hour. after that they sent me an invitation to attend an assessment center for 1 day from 8.30 to 17 it gonna be for june 12th and i'm looking for some advices thank you

Interview Questions

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

The process took 1 week - interviewed at British Gas in July 2010.

Interview Details – It was very quick and smooth and very professional

Worked for British Gas? Contribute to the Community!