British Heart Foundation

Updated Nov 5, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at British Heart Foundation

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at British Heart Foundation.

Starts with an online application and scenario based multiple choice questions. If successful they will call you to arrange a face to face interview (usually with the area manager) in one of their shops. Next stage is a work trial in one of their shops which I was told would be 2 hours but ended up over 4 simply because the manager didn't have time for me (too busy chatting to visiting friends) left in back areas not knowing what to do, so just asked volunteers if I could help them. Last stage is another interview with the area and shop manager and then you find out if an offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how many shops we have?   Answer Question
    • Do u know what we turnover in our shops?.   View Answer
    • What would you do if it was a snowy day you had no volunteers turn in and you had so many bags to get through, you need to get stock out and rotated and you were own?   View Answer
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at British Heart Foundation in November 2010.

I applied for the job through the job centre and had an initial interview there. About a week later I had an interview with the store manager at the store. There was just a standard interview process whereby simple questions relating to the CV were asked. The whole interview lasted about ten minutes max. I was offered the job there and then on the day.