British Red Cross Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at British Red Cross

Major Donor Team Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at British Red Cross in December 2012.

I filled in an online application form and then was called, fairly short notice, requesting me to come for an interview.
    When I went to the London HQ I was interviewed by two really friendly young women who really made me feel at ease. They both introduced themselves and their roles and explained what the intern position would involve. The questions they asked were all completely relevant to the position and no unexpected questions - I definitely felt they were genuine and not trying to trip me up like I have done with other interviewers in the past.
    I then had to complete a 40 minute writing task, which comprised writing a thank-you letter to a recent donor, using a case study document as something on which to base my letter.

Interview Questions
    They were very flexible on negotiating the days I could work and were happy to accept that I would not be able to commit to more than 3 days per week as this was not a paid position, and therefore I had to have some time to earn some money too.

Shop Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at British Red Cross in April 2009.

There were three interviewers: the area manager, a reserve manager, and the assistant manager for the shop where I'd applied to manage. The area manager asked 3 or 4 questions, then the other two asked a couple of questions each. The area manager then spoke a bit about the shop and the role, and what would be expected. They then asked if there were any questions I had.

Overall, the questions were fairly straight forward. How would you increase sales? What would you do if your store was suffering losses to make up the deficit? It is a normal working day, tell me how you would run the shop? What things would you do?

It was a fairly relaxed atmosphere, and they were all very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a volunteer wasn't performing?   Answer Question
    • In a typical day, what would be your priorities for the shop?   Answer Question

Worked for British Red Cross? Contribute to the Community!