Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom
- Intern (63)
- Internship (19)
- Software Engineer (16)
- IC Design Engineer (12)
- Engineering (11)
- Engineer (10)
- Senior Staff Software Engineer (7)
- Principal Software Engineer (7)
- Staff II IC Design Engineer (7)
- Program Manager (6)
- Verification Engineer (6)
- Senior Software Engineer (6)
- Test Engineer (6)
- Hardware Engineer (6)
- Intern - Hourly (6)
- IC Design Intern (5)
- Principal Engineer (5)
- Product Engineer (4)
- IC Design (4)
- Senior Staff Engineer (4)
- Senior Staff IC Design Engineer (4)
- Staff IC Design Engineer (4)
- Staff Firmware Engineer (3)
- Staff Engineer (3)
- Staff Test Engineer (3)
- ASIC Verification Engineer (3)
- Firmware Engineer (3)
- Software Engineer II (3)
- Physical Design Engineer (3)
- Senior Staff Design Engineer (3)
Engineering Intern Interview
The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.
I only had one phone interview and it's all about my resume and some basic communication protocols. It took about 25mins..No further follow ups.
- What's the difference between TCP and UDP? 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom
Engineering Intern InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2011.
First I have been called on my phone and the hiring manager talked to me for about 30 minutes. Then, I was called for in-site. Interviewed by 8-9 persons both in San Diego and Irvine for whole day. The questions were simple DSP questions. Some were very specific like exactly what they were working on not general DSP questions. They were looking for more hands-on and practical people. I think Master's graduates were more proper for their group. I think they would have to read my resume more carefully.
- What are FIR, IIR filters? what is causal system? what is a linear system? Why do we need lp filter ... simple DSP questions ... Answer Question
Engineering Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in December 2009.
My position was all about Linux and embedded operating system. They asked a lot of questions about C programming languages, Linux and embedded operating system. Some sample questions are: 1. what is a static variable? 2. what are volatile variables? 3. What is real-time operating system (RTOS)? 4. what is priority inversion?