Broadcom

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2012.

Interview Details – I only had one phone interview and it's all about my resume and some basic communication protocols. It took about 25mins..No further follow ups.

Interview Question – What's the difference between TCP and UDP?   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2011.

Interview Details – First I have been called on my phone and the hiring manager talked to me for about 30 minutes.
Then, I was called for in-site. Interviewed by 8-9 persons both in San Diego and Irvine for whole day.
The questions were simple DSP questions. Some were very specific like exactly what they were working on not general DSP questions. They were looking for more hands-on and practical people. I think Master's graduates were more proper for their group. I think they would have to read my resume more carefully.

Interview Question – What are FIR, IIR filters? what is causal system? what is a linear system?
Why do we need lp filter ... simple DSP questions ...
  Answer Question

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2009.

Interview Details – My position was all about Linux and embedded operating system. They asked a lot of questions about C programming languages, Linux and embedded operating system. Some sample questions are:
1. what is a static variable?
2. what are volatile variables?
3. What is real-time operating system (RTOS)?
4. what is priority inversion?

Interview Questions

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!