Broadcom

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2010.

Interview Details – One day interview, several engineers, 45m-1hr each

Interview Question – What is mean time before failure   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in October 2008.

Interview Details – Thourough and exhaustive. Folks were very knowledgeable in all aspects of the job requirement fields and one has to be thorough and well prepared to address deep and detailed questions and and answer questions in what-if scenarios. Many process based questions as well to ensure one will fit well within the organization.

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2012.

Interview Details – During the phone interview, I talked for 1 hour with the group leader. He mainly asked me questions about concepts of operating systems and C programming, e.g., what is static variable in C, what is auto variable, what is race condition and what is the difference between process and thread, and the like.
I was informed to take the on-site in roughly two days after that.
During the on-site interview process, I was interviewed by four people. Questions include operations on linked list, embedded system, how a process is functioning, how to test a segment of memory using C and some questions related to my resume, mainly about my past education and working experience.
The office and work culture look pretty nice. Suggestions to other candidates would be to familiar with operating system concepts and details of using C, especially when you ask for a firmware design or test engineer which is more related to hardware level.

Interview Questions

• Using C programming language, how would you test the memory bitcells of a certain segment given to you?   View Answer
  • How to insert and delete an element in a linked list?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2010.

Interview Details – frankly speaking; I did not have any technical interview because the hiring manager know well about my background in the industry. we just had a quick talk and was shown around in the office. two days later I got the offer and I singed it after two days.

Interview Question – how if this office closed and you need to move, is that OK?   View Answer

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2011.

Interview Details – talked about my projects
asked about some elementary digital design knowledge, such as setup time and hold time, how to eliminate hold time

Interview Question – setup time hold time   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview then Individual Interview with the team

Interview Questions

Arizona City, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2009.

Interview Details – Had 4 - 5 1:1: interview with the engineering team. Fundamental questions in engineering. Circuit design/Device level as i was shooting for layout engineering position. Everyone seemed to like working for broadcomm.

Interview Question – What is your long term goal ?   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a head hunter, who found my resume at some online portal(don't know where exactly). He sent my resume to the hiring manager, who liked it and scheduled a phone interview. Basic questions from my resume, job experience, PERL questions(data structures mostly), UNIX questions, design management tool experience were asked. It was a IT position, along with CAD, vlsi design experience,with design sync server experience. Then I went in for an onsite, which was scheduled for 1 day, but the panel liked my resume for another CAD position, so they let me stay over for another day for the CAD interview.

Panel interview for 2 consecutive days was extremely exhaustive. But overall it went good.

I had 6 rounds on DAY 1. Each person asked me 1 common question: about how to set up a CAD project, using design Sync server in a multi-site environment? I assume they have this issue going on, and need someone to work on that.
Simulation related - Spectre, Spice, Ultrasim
Customer related- how would you approach if someone comes and tells u, that his design is not working, and does not give you any more information?
parasitic extraction -> how does the Assura engine work?
perl, TCL scripting -> What have you done?
Draw the cross sectional view of a CMOS

Detailed questions from my resume

Interview Question – CAD tools related questions, design, simulation, front and back end tools   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineering Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a talk and a test. I did not pass the test so there was no second interview. If I had passed the second interview and test, I would have been flown to California for a third and final interview before a decision was made about whether to hire me or not. If I had been offered the job, I would have been forced to work a six-day week.

Interview Question – Why is common collector configuration not used for amplifier?   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

Interview Details – 1:1 interview

Interview Question – lot circuits and vlsi related question , c ,aps   View Answer

Negotiation Details – fixed salary

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom Engineering interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.