Broadcom Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

During the phone interview, I talked for 1 hour with the group leader. He mainly asked me questions about concepts of operating systems and C programming, e.g., what is static variable in C, what is auto variable, what is race condition and what is the difference between process and thread, and the like.
I was informed to take the on-site in roughly two days after that.
During the on-site interview process, I was interviewed by four people. Questions include operations on linked list, embedded system, how a process is functioning, how to test a segment of memory using C and some questions related to my resume, mainly about my past education and working experience.
The office and work culture look pretty nice. Suggestions to other candidates would be to familiar with operating system concepts and details of using C, especially when you ask for a firmware design or test engineer which is more related to hardware level.

Interview Questions

• Using C programming language, how would you test the memory bitcells of a certain segment given to you?   1 Answer
  • How to insert and delete an element in a linked list?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

talked about my projects
    asked about some elementary digital design knowledge, such as setup time and hold time, how to eliminate hold time

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

One day interview, several engineers, 45m-1hr each

Interview Questions

• What is mean time before failure   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

frankly speaking; I did not have any technical interview because the hiring manager know well about my background in the industry. we just had a quick talk and was shown around in the office. two days later I got the offer and I singed it after two days.

Interview Questions

• how if this office closed and you need to move, is that OK?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview then Individual Interview with the team

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a head hunter, who found my resume at some online portal(don't know where exactly). He sent my resume to the hiring manager, who liked it and scheduled a phone interview. Basic questions from my resume, job experience, PERL questions(data structures mostly), UNIX questions, design management tool experience were asked. It was a IT position, along with CAD, vlsi design experience,with design sync server experience. Then I went in for an onsite, which was scheduled for 1 day, but the panel liked my resume for another CAD position, so they let me stay over for another day for the CAD interview.

Panel interview for 2 consecutive days was extremely exhaustive. But overall it went good.

I had 6 rounds on DAY 1. Each person asked me 1 common question: about how to set up a CAD project, using design Sync server in a multi-site environment? I assume they have this issue going on, and need someone to work on that.
    Simulation related - Spectre, Spice, Ultrasim
    Customer related- how would you approach if someone comes and tells u, that his design is not working, and does not give you any more information?
    parasitic extraction -> how does the Assura engine work?
    perl, TCL scripting -> What have you done?
    Draw the cross sectional view of a CMOS

Detailed questions from my resume

Interview Questions

• CAD tools related questions, design, simulation, front and back end tools   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arizona City, AZ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom (Arizona City, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

Had 4 - 5 1:1: interview with the engineering team. Fundamental questions in engineering. Circuit design/Device level as i was shooting for layout engineering position. Everyone seemed to like working for broadcomm.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of a talk and a test. I did not pass the test so there was no second interview. If I had passed the second interview and test, I would have been flown to California for a third and final interview before a decision was made about whether to hire me or not. If I had been offered the job, I would have been forced to work a six-day week.

Interview Questions

• Why is common collector configuration not used for amplifier?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

Thourough and exhaustive. Folks were very knowledgeable in all aspects of the job requirement fields and one has to be thorough and well prepared to address deep and detailed questions and and answer questions in what-if scenarios. Many process based questions as well to ensure one will fit well within the organization.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Interview at RMI, which was acquired by Netlogic and then by Broadcom, was so professional.
    I can not forget at all as that was so great experience. I was able to answer all questions so much of easy as the interviewers made the environment so cool. great job!

Interview Questions

• C++, Data Structures and basics of Logic design.   1 Answer