Broadcom

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – I was selected on a campus recruitment, where they took a test based on an undergrad course of basic knowledge and then tool 2 phases of interview

Interview Question – They asked about some leakage current in PMOS, what may be the possible causes and how to prevent   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2011.

Interview Details – talked about my projects
asked about some elementary digital design knowledge, such as setup time and hold time, how to eliminate hold time

Interview Question – setup time hold time   Answer Question

Engineering

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Interview Details – Test on my understanding on basic circuit structure and theories.
Typical questions on circuit transfer functions, noise, distortion (linearity), design choice and rational, frequency compensation (different approaches to stabilizing a two-pole system).
Test for my arguments for choosing a particular circuit topology.
Ask my previous project experiences, including the motivation and features of different projects.

Interview Question – How to improve the linearity of the common source amplifier?   View Answers (3)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Arizona City, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2009.

Interview Details – Had 4 - 5 1:1: interview with the engineering team. Fundamental questions in engineering. Circuit design/Device level as i was shooting for layout engineering position. Everyone seemed to like working for broadcomm.

Interview Question – What is your long term goal ?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview then Individual Interview with the team

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screen than in person interview with 5 people.
People were professional and courteous.

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was take it or leave it which it was not.

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2011.

Interview Details – first phone interview, two weeks later onsite interview

Interview Question – Name and describe the 3 modes of operation of a transistor   View Answer

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2010.

Interview Details – frankly speaking; I did not have any technical interview because the hiring manager know well about my background in the industry. we just had a quick talk and was shown around in the office. two days later I got the offer and I singed it after two days.

Interview Question – how if this office closed and you need to move, is that OK?   View Answer

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call inviting me for an interview. Office looked great, nice people. A 1:1 interview in which I was asked basic logic design questions and personal questions. Was asked about projects I have done, courses taken and general interest.

Interview Questions

• Plan a logical design which gets a single read/write bit every clock cycle, and a number. The design should store the histogram of the written input, and display it on a read command.   View Answer
  • What problem might occur?   View Answer

Engineering

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in August 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview took an hour on a Saturday and we have subsequently set up in-house interview the following week. There were 5 rounds of interviews, each with 1 to 2 interviewers. Most questions were focus on the technical know-hows and experience in solving design questions. The work culture appears to be very chaotic and unorganized. However, there seems to be room for the company to grow.

Interview Questions

• How do you diagnose a set-up violation on silicon using scan?   Answer Question
  • What are the pros and cons of the following logic test methodologies: at-speed scan with LOC and LOS, path-delay testing, n-detect testing, iddq testing, topology based testing and LBIST.   Answer Question

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!