Broadcom

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Firmware Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Meet with three people. I was asked technical questions including pointers,setup/hold time,verilog FSM.

Interview Question – how to make XOR gate using NAND gate?   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in October 2009.

Interview Details – Referred by an employee. Had a phone interview and an onsite immediately. The onsite went on well, basic c++ programming, embedded programming questions... But finally got rejected with the reason that that they've already hired two fresh graduates and they don't want another one.

Interview Question – They are all general and common questions   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee. Didn't have to go through technical interview on the phone. I interviewed with 6 people. All except one person asked high-level technical but not programming questions. One person had a piece of paper with written C / assembly programming, and algorithm questions.

This place looks like a sweatshop. After the interviews were done which is around 6:30PM, I saw a lot of engineers gather around for brought in dinners.

Interview Question – How to swap the values in 2 variables without using a temporary variable.   View Answers (3)

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!