Broadcom

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Interview Details – One phone call from the team lead. Asked about the projects and course work. It was more like a casual technical round. Lasted for about 45min. Second phone call on the same day was from the principal designer of the team. Asked more in death technical questions. 60min.

Interview Question – Technical questions on cross clock domain synchronization, metaflops, slightly complex verilog questions, setup and hold time, basic questions on C++.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call within 2 weeks. Had 2 phone interviews and one onsite interview of 3 rounds.

Interview Question – In the final round , I was asked some logic puzzle which was unexpected, I took some time but finally solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate with them, but I think you could it. But since it is an internship there wont be much difference in your pay.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening (some questions on resume and mostly verilog questions) followed by onsite interview with 4 people (half hour each) general HR questions, state machine problem, timing related questions, verilog coding.

Interview Question – last round of interview was out of the blue.. was asked many questions about CPU Design and placement..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No window for negotiation

Intern - IC Design Interview

Intern - IC Design
Irvine, CA

I interviewed at Broadcom in March 2012.

Interview Details – On site @ Irvine, 5 interviewers, 45-min talk w/ each of them
Questions regarding C/C++ programming, verilog, and digital circuit design

Interview Question – General knowledge about tcl   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got email for Phone interview for Hardware Engineer Intern. During phone interview, I was asked about VLSI and ASIC design concepts such as delay, power related questions of CMOS. Some basic questions like Design divide by 2 counter, what is setup and hold time etc. Interview lasted for 45 minutes.

Then I got onsite interview call after one month. Onsite interview was six 1:1 interviews for total 3hours. There was talk mostly on resume and the projects which I did in the field of VLSI and digital systems test. I got offer letter 1 week after the onsite interview.

Interview Question – Explain low power IC design methods.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2010.

Interview Details – First, I was interviewed by the Director of ENgineering. He is really nice. He wants to know that I know what his group does and how different this line of work is different from other groups. Next, I was interviewed by another engineer. He is new to the company. He asked me a lot of technical questions, basic stuff like logic design, finite state machine and FIFO. I didnt answer all correctly but he was very nice. Next I was interviewed by another engineer. She asked Mostly behaviorual questions and a few technical one. I didn't know some of the things but she said it's fine and that she is just checking if I have worked on something like that before. After that a lunch interview with the third engineer he talked more about Broadcom, how he got here and things like that.

Interview Question – design AND from Mux   View Answers (2)

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!