Broadcom Ic Design Intern Interview Questions

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

One phone call from the team lead. Asked about the projects and course work. It was more like a casual technical round. Lasted for about 45min. Second phone call on the same day was from the principal designer of the team. Asked more in death technical questions. 60min.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions on cross clock domain synchronization, metaflops, slightly complex verilog questions, setup and hold time, basic questions on C++.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in December 2012.

Applied online and got a call within 2 weeks. Had 2 phone interviews and one onsite interview of 3 rounds.

Interview Questions
    • In the final round , I was asked some logic puzzle which was unexpected, I took some time but finally solved it.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate with them, but I think you could it. But since it is an internship there wont be much difference in your pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in May 2012.

Initial phone screening (some questions on resume and mostly verilog questions) followed by onsite interview with 4 people (half hour each) general HR questions, state machine problem, timing related questions, verilog coding.

Interview Questions
    • last round of interview was out of the blue.. was asked many questions about CPU Design and placement..   Answer Question
    No window for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

I got email for Phone interview for Hardware Engineer Intern. During phone interview, I was asked about VLSI and ASIC design concepts such as delay, power related questions of CMOS. Some basic questions like Design divide by 2 counter, what is setup and hold time etc. Interview lasted for 45 minutes.

Then I got onsite interview call after one month. Onsite interview was six 1:1 interviews for total 3hours. There was talk mostly on resume and the projects which I did in the field of VLSI and digital systems test. I got offer letter 1 week after the onsite interview.

Intern - IC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

interviewed at Broadcom in March 2012.

On site @ Irvine, 5 interviewers, 45-min talk w/ each of them
    Questions regarding C/C++ programming, verilog, and digital circuit design

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom in November 2010.

First, I was interviewed by the Director of ENgineering. He is really nice. He wants to know that I know what his group does and how different this line of work is different from other groups. Next, I was interviewed by another engineer. He is new to the company. He asked me a lot of technical questions, basic stuff like logic design, finite state machine and FIFO. I didnt answer all correctly but he was very nice. Next I was interviewed by another engineer. She asked Mostly behaviorual questions and a few technical one. I didn't know some of the things but she said it's fine and that she is just checking if I have worked on something like that before. After that a lunch interview with the third engineer he talked more about Broadcom, how he got here and things like that.