Broadcom

Getting the Interview

36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – It took 3 weeks for the process. The HR emailed me for dates and I was told that there would be a technical phone interview on data structures, algorithms. I had two back-to-back one hour technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code for one question and submit it later. I was asked questions on hash map, heaps, computer architecture etc.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult   Answer Question

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – easy interview.. questions covered basic networking stuff ...np programming questions asked..over all interview process is easy.

Negotiation Details – negotiated with other offer in hand

Andover, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2013.

Interview Details – 30 minutes phone interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – all about resume   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Resume screening, 2 rounds of phone interviews with a senior member in the team and then the manager followed by several rounds of onsite technical interviews.

Entire process took around 2 months

Interview Question – Basic electrical engineering questions, need to have extremely good understanding of analog circuits.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was by phone which lasted around 40 minutes. From there they ask you to go on-site where for around 6 hours they grill you on brain teasers and technical questions. There were a few behavioral questions, but quite minimal. Overall you need to remember your material from classes and do some outside reading for preparation.

Interview Question – Endianness differences depending on which hardware and using cascading adders.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through website. Was contacted by HR representative, scheduled and in house interview with 2 managers. Quick interview, all behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Most questions asked about studies, future goals, etc.   Answer Question

Interview Details – 1) Basic knowledge about RF
2) Projects details

Interview Question – Should be quite familiar with parameters of projects   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone and on site interview

Interview Question – how to increase linearity of differential amplifier by layout technique   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interveiw and 1 onsite interveiw

Interview Question – None of the questions is difficult. They asked me to write a simple verilog code and a perl script.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2013.

Interview Details – telephone interview and then on site interview. 1 hour in telephone interview and 2.5 hours totally in on site interview. 5 interviewer and 0.5 hour each one. One interview asked something about course project, one asked something about intelligence, one asked about behavior and two asked about the work.

Interview Question – There are 25 cars and 5 lanes. The speed of the cars are not same but don't change. What's the less times race we can get the top 5 cars from the 25 cars.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom Intern interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.