Broadcom Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

First the interviewer gave me several fundamental questions about analog circuit, e.g. how to determine the small signal gain of a common source stage. Then he went through my project in my CV and asked me some related questions.

Interview Questions

• How to solve the convergence problem of PSS simulation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, 20 minutes, first introduce work of the group,make sure you are interested in the circuit. and then ask some basic questions about the analog circuit , RF circuit ask you how to analysis them.The process is quick.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Manager scheduled a 45 mins phone interview when he got my resume. Followed by two separate 45 mins phone interview held by engineers in that group. Just went through my projects on the resume, and asked some basic questions based on my experience. They asked very detailed stuff to make sure you understand what is happening in your projects. All of them are very nice and kind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation cause this is an intern.

Intern Interview

Interview

It is a 25 mins Phone Interview, at first the interviewer asked some basic question, about 20 mins, then I didn't answer the last question, thus he started introduced his group.

Interview Questions

• The interview asked some basic question of C++ such as difference between global variable and local variable   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone call from the hiring manager to screen candidates. An HR coordinator then scheduled interviews with 6 team members and ending with a one-on-one with the hiring manager. The entire process lasted for about 2 hours.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in November 2014.

Interview

got an email to set up technical interview. Interview was for 30 mins. the position is related to the 802.11 WLAN. the question were asked on OFDM and then questions are related my projects . Few questions on adaptive modulation , pathloss and fading topics.

Interview Questions

• What is OFDM? multi carrier modulation vs Single carrier modulation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in November 2014.

Interview

Referred by a friend. And get a phone interview 1 month later. It is a test position. Ask me about projects on my resume. And DTF questions,tcl and so on.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

I had 1 interview over the phone and 1 on campus. The interview was very typical like in any other semiconductor company. I spoke to one person in my first interview over the phone, and then i met 3 managers at their main campus. It was actually easy and very straight forward

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email with basic questions about my availability. Then I was Phone interviewed and asked basic logic question like bitwise operation on numbers. Last was on site interview. It was kind of informal about what I had did early mostly my projects. I was interviewd by my manager and 3 other engineers.

Negotiation

I didn't negotitate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Telephonic Round: Manager called and asked about my previous projects and what I was studying in that semester.
    After this I have 3 rounds for about 45 min each
    1st: Manager asked questions related to MySQL, my academic projects and work experience.
    2nd: Questions related to MySQL, Perl (How to fetch data from text files and generate report)
    3rd: Team Lead interviewed me. Questions on Core Java, Data Structures and Algorithms (Basic not in depth), Php and HTML etc. Gave his laptop and asked to write some code for 4-5 questions(includes java, php and HTML,MySQL)

Interview Questions

• 1) Asked to implement a Stack
      2) Asked to pull data from database and represent the data in line graph