Broadcom

Average Difficulty
42 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through referral. Recruiter contacted and scheduled two back-to-back phone interview in the following week. Mix of probability and algorithm questions. There was no onsite interview. Overall process was smooth and quick. Interviewers were friendly.

Interview Question – Generate numbers from a linked list randomly   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was straightforward with 2 phone interviews for the intern position.
30 minutes each from 2 engineers in the team.
Once cleared, HR will contact you.
No negotiation of salary
Start date can be negotiated by a week

Interview Question – Mostly it was logical questions and basics of CDMA and testing.
Questions about previous experience.
Questions about the courses you have taken during your masters
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Telephone Interview. 1 face to face interview. Was interviewed by 7 persons. Covered all the topics from rtl to sta. They covered all the topics from verilog, rtl to sta. There were also some design compiler questions. Got my reply within 3 days after my interview.

Interview Question – some really good questions about my project   Answer Question

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed over phone.

Interview Question – Just some basic questions   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2013.

Interview Details – 4 hour interview, mainly technical questions

Interview Question – Circuit design questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations for interns

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – It took 3 weeks for the process. The HR emailed me for dates and I was told that there would be a technical phone interview on data structures, algorithms. I had two back-to-back one hour technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code for one question and submit it later. I was asked questions on hash map, heaps, computer architecture etc.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult   Answer Question

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – easy interview.. questions covered basic networking stuff ...np programming questions asked..over all interview process is easy.

Negotiation Details – negotiated with other offer in hand

Andover, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2013.

Interview Details – 30 minutes phone interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – all about resume   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Resume screening, 2 rounds of phone interviews with a senior member in the team and then the manager followed by several rounds of onsite technical interviews.

Entire process took around 2 months

Interview Question – Basic electrical engineering questions, need to have extremely good understanding of analog circuits.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was by phone which lasted around 40 minutes. From there they ask you to go on-site where for around 6 hours they grill you on brain teasers and technical questions. There were a few behavioral questions, but quite minimal. Overall you need to remember your material from classes and do some outside reading for preparation.

Interview Question – Endianness differences depending on which hardware and using cascading adders.   Answer Question

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!