Broadcom Internship Interview Questions

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Phone interview from a senior engineering for one hour, asking questions regarding the resume and some basic circuit knowledge. One week later, an on-site interview for three hours.

Interview Questions

• For a single balanced Gilbert mixer, analysis LO leakage to output.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Internship Interview

Interview

one round phone interview, several technical questions about 4G LTE techniques

Interview Questions

• What multiple access technique is used for uplink in LTE standard?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Interview

My manager called me and asked about my background and why CS. Then some problems about pointer writing in C.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interview was over the phone - through an individual session with 5 different people (2 were managers). Lasted about 3 hours with each person asking technical questions about the subject of the internship and my previous projects/research experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much with the intern salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I first got a phone interview, in which they asked questions about STA, verilog, layout, clock tree synthesis, and some brain teasers. On-site interviewers asked some basic verilog questions and more brain teaser.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

referred by Universities career services

Interview Questions

• What is the 802.11 protocol?   1 Answer
    • What does the 802.11 protocol do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

It took about 3 hours and I interviewed with four different people from a design group in the Broadcom. Most of the time they asked about my previous done projects and my skills. I also answered some programming and coding questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

One in person interview for internship position in software delelopment/test. Asked about programming fundamentals/data structures. Went over projects on resume. One interview, 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Sort an array of numbers. What is worst case/best case?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter called and gave offer. Said offer was not negotiable. (It is negotiable)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

5 people interviewed me. The offer was issued the second day

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom (Bangalore (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a telephonic interview.The interview lasted for only 15 minutes and i was asked to explain my projects during the first 5 minutes. Then I was asked questions related to VLSI->> 'the ratio of pmos to nmos in cmos inverters' and also the design procedures of current mirrors using mosfets.Then some questions on basic digital.But be thorough with what is in your resume.

Interview Questions

• Ratio of pmos to Nmos in Cmos inverters for equal rise and fall time?   Answer Question