Broadcom

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2009.

Interview Details – 5 people interviewed me. The offer was issued the second day

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Interview Details – My manager called me and asked about my background and why CS. Then some problems about pointer writing in C.

Internship

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Phone interview from a senior engineering for one hour, asking questions regarding the resume and some basic circuit knowledge. One week later, an on-site interview for three hours.

Interview Question – For a single balanced Gilbert mixer, analysis LO leakage to output.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – one round phone interview, several technical questions about 4G LTE techniques

Interview Question – What multiple access technique is used for uplink in LTE standard?   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Interview Details – One in person interview for internship position in software delelopment/test. Asked about programming fundamentals/data structures. Went over projects on resume. One interview, 2 hours.

Interview Question – Sort an array of numbers. What is worst case/best case?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter called and gave offer. Said offer was not negotiable. (It is negotiable)

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Interview was over the phone - through an individual session with 5 different people (2 were managers). Lasted about 3 hours with each person asking technical questions about the subject of the internship and my previous projects/research experience.

Interview Question – A technical question about antenna measurements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate much with the intern salary

San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

Interview Details – I first got a phone interview, in which they asked questions about STA, verilog, layout, clock tree synthesis, and some brain teasers. On-site interviewers asked some basic verilog questions and more brain teaser.

Interview Question – An encryption problem designed to test your logic.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2011.

Interview Details – referred by Universities career services

Interview Questions

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2011.

Interview Details – It took about 3 hours and I interviewed with four different people from a design group in the Broadcom. Most of the time they asked about my previous done projects and my skills. I also answered some programming and coding questions.

Interview Question – Why do you select to work in the Broadcom?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – Highly fundamental skills requirement.
Basic Circuit Functions
Classic Circuit.
Full Adder, Half Adder. Logic Functions and Structure.
Coding ability test:
Revert a array A[i] every 4 steps:A[i-4] To B[i] ,A[i-3] to B[i+1] ,A[i-2] to B[i+2] ,A[i-1] to B[i+1]...
Linux is preferable. Basic commands and Document structures.

Interview Question – Floating Gate Difinitation   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom Internship interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.