Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.1

Engineer, IC Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

This was through campus recruitment. Had two rounds of interviews, mostly technical. I was asked questions on my final year project which was quite different from the role I was applying for. The interviewers were very friendly and I ended up working under one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about detecting a pattern, DMA and Computer Architecture. Few questions were also asked about timing analysis, detecting critical path and solving for setup and hold violations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed benefits, no negotiation.

Thermal Engineer Interview

Interview

Each team member has a copy of your resume and you have a 30 minute interview with each person. They look at your resume and ask you questions from it. Make sure you know your resume pretty well.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. 1 round phone interview(45 mins)+onsite interview(6 hours). Asked about projects on my resume, STA, DFT techniques such as scan, Logic/memory Bist, JTAG, ATPG algorithm, stuck-at fault/transition fault, LOC/LOS and also some behavior questions. Some of the questions are not so easy for new graduates.

Chip Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The first one is the HR trying to know my background and it ask to call me to have an unofficial interview. And then he asks me some questions about my background, my educaiton, my experience, then some generous coworker issues.

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

A thorough interview. Lots of tough but good technical questions. People are very nice. They will ask what skill you put on your resume. They may ask some other things not on the resume. For me I just told them I never did any of those works.

Interview Questions

• How to solve a specific problem.   1 Answer

Senior Linux Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Sr Manager emailed me and scheduled a call to discuss. He called and asked what I do and what he needs. Asks some technical questions. They wanted someone more experience. Interviewer was helpful and nice. explained my why I don't fit their needs and he wanted to give me a chance.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me How your experience fit out needs. 2. How RTOS achieve real time requirement. 3. Diff between mutex and semaphore 4. What is the function call that ISR make at the end when it is done in linux. 5. which one would you use from strD or strP #define strD char* typedef strP char*   Answer Question

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for a phone screen. He went over the resume and ask about the project experience and also describe the skill and experience he is looking for. A few days later, HR contact me for an on-site interview in the Friday. They were nice enough to let me come in to have on-site interview from 4-6:30. The on-site interview were separated into 3 sections and each each section comes 2 interviewers. They started with asking the experience on the resume and then asked a few technical questions. It took them more than a week to give me the offer.

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

i submit the resume online. this is a phone interview: basic question on resume. some technical question and verilog question, not difficult. i have not received the notification about onsite yet.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had a leg in because I knew a former employee, therefore the interview process was quick based on her ability to vouch for my work ethic. I interviewed with one manager and was trained the next few days on daily tasks and responsibilities. It was up to my performance to make connections and find my way through the next series of hurdles to get the position I wanted.

Principal IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Good, these people know exactly what they are doing. Questions were mostly about current work done and how contribution can be made to the new group. Went in a lot of technical details as well. Also helped knowing about the tools/flows that are used.