Broadcom

Very Easy Interview

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Interview was casual and not very formal. I talked to 6 engineers and the manager. They did not ask a lot of technical questions but wanted to understand my working style. They focus more upon the teamwork spirits and the problem solving capability instead of the real technical details.

Interview Question – Some C++ details which I had a disagreement with one of the interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a phone conversation with the recruiter and that settle it. I did not ask too much.

Very Easy Interview

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2014.

Interview Details – They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Intern-Serdes Test Interview

Intern-Serdes Test

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews. The first one was held by the manager, introducing the lab and instruments. After 2 or 3 days, the second interview includes 5 interviewers, asking about the basic circuit questions, filter, Fourier Transform, transmission line theory and some resume related questions.

Interview Question – No unusual questions asked.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern
San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Telephone Interview. 1 face to face interview. Was interviewed by 7 persons. Covered all the topics from rtl to sta. They covered all the topics from verilog, rtl to sta. There were also some design compiler questions. Got my reply within 3 days after my interview.

Interview Question – some really good questions about my project   Answer Question

Linux Testing Engineer Interview

Linux Testing Engineer

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – Phone interview.
10 minutes for job and company description; 20 minutes for asking school works and software testing knowledge . Nothing surprising.
Is kind of entry level assistant work, for undergraduate student.

Interview Question – The experience and tool for software testing   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – Phone interview to guage employee strengths, describe job requirements and qualifications. This was followed by an in person interview with several rounds. Interviews were conducted by people at different positions.

Interview Question – Dealing with employee compensation   Answer Question

Principal Firmware Engineer Interview

Principal Firmware Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview screening and then I met 8 persons on site.
A lot of technical questions based on my resume

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could increase my salary by 5k

Communication Systems Design Intern Interview

Communication Systems Design Intern
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an email from hiring manager in 2 days. Set up telephonic interview the next day. I received email the same day asking my availability for onsite interview. Went onsite and was interviewed by 4 ppl (including lunch interview).

Hotel and travel arrangements were good. All the people I met were very friendly. Lunch interview was mostly non-technical and looked like behavioral testing.

Basics of communication system - Mainly concentrated on receiver section (synchronization, equalizer).
OFDM, CP, Fading, HP filter, C code for FIR filter and other questions based on projects in resume.

My interview went very well. Unexpected was a reject email after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed over phone.

Interview Question – Just some basic questions   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

ASIC Verification Engineer

Interview Details – 1. Divide clock by 3
2. Setup and hold time check, minimum clock period
3. Asynchronous FIFO(gray code, sync block)
4. Sync reset vs Async reset

Interview Question – SystemVerilog vs Verilog   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom interview questions and advice. All 341 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.