Broadcom

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Average Difficulty
352 candidate interviews

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – 3 rounds of phone interviews followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview includes 8 1-1 interviews, one hour for each. Mostly technical questions: design, os and programming questions.

Interview Question – What is the decimal value of 0xFFC   Answer Question

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – The process consisted of a written round followed by a technical and then HR interview. The written round had questions on aptitude and on C,C++ coding. Being a fresher from ECE my interview was based on the project that i had done in the summers and on mobile communication and embedded systems( since i specified that to be my field of intrest). The interviewer was very friendly and did everything to make me feel at home.

Interview Question – Whether Windows is RTOS   View Answer

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – Mainly in Python, C, C++, Javascript . Most of the questions are normal interview questions. No specific questions. Also ask about experiences in using Linux and project experiences

Interview Question – Linux   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – An initial phone interview followed by an in person interview with the manager.

Interview Question – Code a binary tree searching algorithm.   Answer Question

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Software Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – This was a campus interview and the aptitude test was quite simple with the standard aptitude questions. The interview process had three rounds of interview: two technical rounds and one HR round. One technical round had questions based on communication systems and the other one had some off beat questions on USB wire length.

Interview Question – There was question about length of USB wire. Why it cannot be as long as possible?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – one round phone interview, several technical questions about 4G LTE techniques

Interview Question – What multiple access technique is used for uplink in LTE standard?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – It took 3 weeks for the process. The HR emailed me for dates and I was told that there would be a technical phone interview on data structures, algorithms. I had two back-to-back one hour technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code for one question and submit it later. I was asked questions on hash map, heaps, computer architecture etc.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Phone interviewed by three persons. Each took 30 minutes. Asked background questions about my resume, some basic C coding questions, some algorithm questions.

Interview Question – Write a C function, read it character by character through the phone.   Answer Question

Interview Details – 1) Basic knowledge about RF
2) Projects details

Interview Question – Should be quite familiar with parameters of projects   Answer Question

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – Interviewed by two people. Mostly asking basic communication questions related to MIMO, diversity, multiplexing gain, fading channel, dsp.

Interview Question – What is decision feedback decoder   Answer Question

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!