Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Mainly in Python, C, C++, Javascript . Most of the questions are normal interview questions. No specific questions. Also ask about experiences in using Linux and project experiences

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

This was a campus interview and the aptitude test was quite simple with the standard aptitude questions. The interview process had three rounds of interview: two technical rounds and one HR round. One technical round had questions based on communication systems and the other one had some off beat questions on USB wire length.

Interview Questions

• There was question about length of USB wire. Why it cannot be as long as possible?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process consisted of a written round followed by a technical and then HR interview. The written round had questions on aptitude and on C,C++ coding. Being a fresher from ECE my interview was based on the project that i had done in the summers and on mobile communication and embedded systems( since i specified that to be my field of intrest). The interviewer was very friendly and did everything to make me feel at home.

Internship Interview

Interview

one round phone interview, several technical questions about 4G LTE techniques

Interview Questions

• What multiple access technique is used for uplink in LTE standard?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed by two people. Mostly asking basic communication questions related to MIMO, diversity, multiplexing gain, fading channel, dsp.

Intern Interview

Interview

A few questions of my research, followed by some technique questions on OFDM, MIMO, wireless capacity and DSP. The interviewer is a member of the group and apparently has a very strong background and a lot of experiences. Technique questions are not about concepts but rather questions that you need to explore using your knowledge. A very fun thinking process.

Interview Questions

• A question on filter design problem that I was not fully prepared for.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Three rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• They Digged into my resume until there were no more technical questions to ask!. Even if I had not got the offer it certainly would have given me a good interview experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Resume got screened online. Got a call from the manager who scheduled the telephonic interview. He told that the position was primarily on vlsi testing. The interview covered basic vlsi questions. The interviewer was very supportive.

Interview Questions

• there is a module that need to deal in sync with two other modules working at different clock frequencies. How will you design such module? What things you need to take care?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

I apply online but didn't get any responses. Then I attend their info session at school and get my first phone interview pretty fast. The first position ask a wide range of knowledge, from C, computer arhictecture, linux and ect. The second position ask a lot on analog circuit, lot of material came from Razavi's book.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Well organized, Manager if very kind regardful. alignment of the schedule took some time but turned to be fine. telephone interviewed for 2 round, first one just for brief introduction of both sides' situation. 2nd one focused on technical background, related project etc. the final f2f inter view last for 4-5 hours with several round of technical followed by Hr.

Interview Questions

• real case study and asking for solution with the problem in real life   Answer Question
    • Hr questioning with character related question which is not difficult but you can never been will prepared for   Answer Question