Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom.

Interview at RMI, which was acquired by Netlogic and then by Broadcom, was so professional.
    I can not forget at all as that was so great experience. I was able to answer all questions so much of easy as the interviewers made the environment so cool. great job!

Interview Questions
    • C++, Data Structures and basics of Logic design.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I applied the summer intern position. They contact me after 2 weeks. The first interview is technical interview. it's about 30 minutes. Technical interview is not very hard, they just ask some basic knowledge about hardware design and communication system.

Interview Questions
    • basic concepts about communication system, interface, RF circuit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom in March 2015.

Phone interview, 20 minutes, first introduce work of the group,make sure you are interested in the circuit. and then ask some basic questions about the analog circuit , RF circuit ask you how to analysis them.The process is quick.

DVT Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in May 2014.

The interview for the Interns are not difficult. There are three interviewer. The manager and two engineers in that group. It took about three hours. The technical questions are basic, about RC circuits and signal processing, and also a couple of very basic programming questions. The manager asked some behavior questions. They prefer long-term interns.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer drew a simple RC circuit, then applied voltage on some components, asked you to draw the current curve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

A phone interview(more of a discussion) was followed by an on-site interview request.
    Almost all the staff members in the group interviewed me. There were four back-back interview sessions, each quizzed me for around 45-60 minutes. Some talked more about my research.
    The interviewers were friendly and would drop hints to help me solve the problem (if stuck). A good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Signal Acquisition basics (LNA, amplifier, channel estimation, equalization, carrier freq synchronizatinetc.), DSP basics, Digital Communication basics, MIMO, OFDM, Successive interference cancellation, Broadcast/MAC channel capacity regions. And some research-related questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Co-op Interview

The interview process started with my introduction of my overall experience and went through my talking about the projects I did listed on my resume. The interviewer inserted several questions in between about the projects or some concepts to explain. The last one was a simple programming problem done online. The last section is my concerns or questions left for the interviewers.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom in February 2015.

Applied Online
    After 3 weeks - got a call to schedule the interview
    2 Hours (4 X 30 mins) interview with members of different teams. -> Completely exhausting
    Waiting for the final decision

Interview Questions
    • HR:-
      Tell me about yourself
      Projects
      Why did you choose Broadcom?
      How do you handle multiple responsibilities?
      What about your experiences makes you fit for this position?
      What s your Cumulative GPA

Technical:-
      Questions about Networks
      Questions about C
      Questions about object oriented programming

View Answer

IC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in February 2015.

phone interview followed by webex interview. asked basic questions regarding set up and hold times, designing borrow look ahead subtractor, propogate and generate terms, low power design methods, probability and critical thinking

Interview Questions
    • basic questions from digital system design and probability   Answer Question

Senior Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Broadcom in July 2012.

A lengthy one. they took two rounds. put me on hold for a month and offered me. A bit show off team and a lazy one also. Not so techy.

Interview Questions
    • Firmware and embedded systems. general questions on Software trends and some technical on the previous job   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Broadcom.

questions on resume.you should know everythin about whatever you have writtn in your resume!
    basic electronics, antenna, digital circuits, transmission line. they are very frank and you will fell comfortable with the. don't hesitate , be confident

Interview Questions
    • difference between microstrip antenna n microstrip transmission line   Answer Question