Broadcom

Average Difficulty
347 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was straightforward with 2 phone interviews for the intern position.
30 minutes each from 2 engineers in the team.
Once cleared, HR will contact you.
No negotiation of salary
Start date can be negotiated by a week

Interview Question – Mostly it was logical questions and basics of CDMA and testing.
Questions about previous experience.
Questions about the courses you have taken during your masters
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Staff I Software Development Engineer Interview

Staff I Software Development Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

Interview Details – Questions on MMU (hard), bit manipulations, LTE technologies, algorithm efficiencies. But they gave you time to analyze and never put you down if you gave the wrong answer. Questions on internship experience, questions on university projects.

Interview Question – I wasn't really good at computer architecture optimizations at that point. Some questions pertaining to them seemed hard.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had an offer from another company with a slightly better salary package

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process started with a phone asked all your details. Then in one week got a call for face-to-face. The interview is completely on C. Until they feel you are really good in C, then dont ask about other skills, like linux etc. Their main focus is on C.
There are many pdf's available online like "crack the interview" etc. Make sure you have prepared or recalled the thingsin C. They are very good that they will ask you to come for one more interview on C if they feel you are nervous and couldnt answer the questions. Company is good. Saw ppl going here and there with laptops and boards, discussing only about work while sitting there for the interview to start.

Interview Question – Datastructure implimentation like linked lists, binary search etc   Answer Question

Senior Staff Applications Software Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Applications Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen interview, 2 rounds of in-office interview.
Very positive atmosphere, speaking with hiring manager and other engineers provides the full picture of the project and work environment.
Great new-hire orientation provided by professional HR personal, excellent on-time communication and pretty good offer signing bonus.
Great promotion benefits along with medical and other benefits.

Interview Question – SW process development diagram   Answer Question

Staff I Engineer Interview

Staff I Engineer
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2012.

Interview Details – Written test followed by Tech interview and HR interview. The tech interview lasted for 3 hours. The written test for an hour and a half. The HR interview was more of a formality. I was interviewd for the 4G PHY - SW team. A lot of specific questions related to fading, doppler effect, handover, SON, OFDM etc. A number of algo questions too.

Interview Question – A question on 2D Markov chains. They wanted the steady state probabilities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No was not able to negotiate

Engineer, Staff - Software Development Interview

Engineer, Staff - Software Development
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2013.

Interview Details – Think loud. People here are more interested in your thinking process than the answer per se.
Questions are always interlinked so the next question is based on your previous question's answer.
Although they make it a point to test on basic skill set required for performing tasks

Interview Question – How will you determine if the given number is a power of 2 using a single line of code ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2013.

Interview Details – It was on campus.Written test was very tough.interview was for two rounds.Even the interview seemed tough.Initially they looked at the written test paper and asked questions from that.They emphasized on project and basics of wireless communication and coding. Basics of Digital Signal Processing were also asked.Next they moved on to coding in C.

Interview Question – implement coding techniques   Answer Question

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

Interview Details – Approached the opening through a friend working at Broadcom. Was called for interview directly i.e. there was no telephonic preliminary round. There were 4 rounds of tech interview each of 1 hour length on the first day. After a few days, was called to meet the director who provided the offer letter.

Interview Question – How to calculate thje system MTBF for a system having N 2-flop-synchronizers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got call from HR department for availability for telephony interview. Scheduled on next day afternoon.Mr.Ashish Malot ,Sr.Manager, Software Developement , MWG Group took interview.
Next day got call from HR to tell me about selection as an intern.
From next day on wards on boarding process had started.It was very easy and nice to understand.Also background verification took place on phone.

Interview Question – Interviewer had asked mainly about my project and my favorite subjects,so interview went very nicely.   Answer Question

Chip Design, Student Interview

Chip Design, Student
Netanya (Israel)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Broadcom in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took place in front of 2 senior members of the team. They were looking to hire a student engineer for a position in a team that designs network boards. The atmosphere wasn't very pleasant, and there was a feeling that they weren't really trying to review one's abilities.

Interview Question – Technically it wasn't a difficult interview, the hardest question was building a 16to4 priority encoder.   Answer Question

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!