Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.1

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and get contract by recruiter after one week. One round of phone interview with hiring manager. He asked basic knowledge of Perl programming. After one week, get notice for onsite interview. The onsite interview has 6 rounds and 45 minutes each. Asked Perl questions and test plan creation.

Interview Questions

• How to count repeated words in a sentence using Perl? Create a test plan for a pen.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

phone interview then onsite. I applied the position last May. Then the manager called me and asked some basic questions about my study. Most of the interview, I introduced myself. Then a week passed, the manager asked me onsite interview. Three people interviewed me. They were pretty nice.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Formal technical interview. Primarily from data structures, linux and programming. Took about one hour. If prepared, it can be easy to average. Described about the kind of work and work culture here. Questions from C pointers were majority of the questions. Linux command and how to use them in various scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Formal technical interview. Primarily from data structures, linux and programming. Took about one hour. If prepared, it can be easy to average.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Took 4 weeks to hear back from them. First had a screening interview with HR recruiter and then set up another phone interview with the Hiring Manager and then I had an interview with the Finance team I would be working under. Interviewed with 4 people but overall easy to average interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was so easy. I had 3 people interview me and they were all informal. We talked about my technical skills and personal projects. After the interview knew that i was more than able to do the work, the interview became a lot less formal. Be Confident and talk about the work that you have worked on on your own. They like to hear this.

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

7-8 rounds 1 to 1 discussions. All are simple and basics questions. Interviewrs were helpful. clock mix,gating questions were asked. You need very good basics of rtl design, Timing ,synthesis, cdc,resets,etc. good concepts about setup hold good concepts for cdc. you may need to answer questions on some design problem.

Interview Questions

• you may need to answer questions on some design problem.   Answer Question

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

HR call to confirm the skill, one by one exactly the same from website. After asking the question, checking the background and also visa status. And then explain the HR recruit process and to do and dont do rule. HR is nice and it was the very comfortable conversation. However, 90% skill comply to the website would lead you to next stage as HR descripe

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The questions are all nothing out of the ordinary. There are 6 rounds of interviews with each round lasting about 45 minutes. The interviews are a mix of previous job experiences related to what is on the resume and coding questions. Most of the questions will be on C coding since it is an embedded company.

Interview Questions

• write the mirror of a tree. LCA of a tree. Reverse lists.   Answer Question

Hardware Development Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview. It was about a 30 mins brief interview. The hiring manager asked me about my previous work experience. If I have experience with devices like Oscilloscope, Signal generators etc.

Interview Questions

• Testing experience at previous company. Experience with testing tools, devices like Oscilloscope, Signal generator etc   Answer Question

Senior Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Email / call: HR 10 minutes Phone interview: 1 hour with hiring manager. On site: 5-8 people each 45 minutes asking technical questions One slot is for HR, one for hiring manager, rest are technical interviewers. Find out result after 1-2 weeks. First day is orientation

Interview Questions

• explain how semaphores and mutex are used. what structure is used in making your own malloc command.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really negotiate