Broadcom Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
362 interviews

3.1

Senior Staff Design Engineer Interview

Phone screning then on-site with 5 people (some on phone) and a recruter and later hiring manager on a later day. Then it tooks a long month to get back with the offer.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Broadcom.

I had 1 interview over the phone and 1 on campus. The interview was very typical like in any other semiconductor company. I spoke to one person in my first interview over the phone, and then i met 3 managers at their main campus. It was actually easy and very straight forward

Very simple

Software Engineer - Not So Good Package!!! Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom.

Have taken interview last month and cleared all rounds but offer given by them was not competitive.
    Too slow while hiring and seems they have tendency to put more poeple on hold.
    Interview was good and was focused on Linux internal, C and appilcation side.

Interview Questions

Offer was not competitive with Market. Offered pretty low as per their standard(friends are working there). Becareful with their offerletter while accepting, they have added employer contribution to PF and broadband charges to you in package.

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

phone screen to discuss work experience and c++ question, then half day on site with 5 rounds, various white board coding and brain teaser, finally 2nd on site to meet second level manager, the questions are more general about behavior, culture fit, etc.

Staff DSP IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2014.

Interviewed over the phone by team manager. First he described his team's job and goals, and then ask me if I had any questions related to the work.Then he asked some standard technical questions, only circuit related questions are setup and hold time. Most are DSP questions like difference between FIR and IIR, Nyquist frequency, aliasing etc. Last about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Thought it would be mostly circuit related questions but instead it was heavy on DSP. Questions are basic, was able to answer most of them.   Answer Question

Engineer IC Design Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2012.

Two rounds of technical interview. Each lasted for an hour. Mainly tested on basics in digital design, vlsi concepts and projects. Basics questions like pattern detector using mealey and moore state machines, timing diagram using D flip flops, CMOS concepts, setup and hold violations, clock skew and jitters were tested

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

The hiring manager called directly for a phone interview and then had the HR schedule an onsite interview. Had the onsite in two weeks but took four weeks before hearing back about the offer.

Graduate Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2013.

I applied through Braodcom Online Application process with an employee referral. I was asked to be interviewed directly at their Manchester office. I also had to provide a presentation on my Msc project. At first I was interviewd by the HR which included general questions. Then I was interview by two different panel, one focused on programming/codin in C, System verilog and another about basic digital deigning exercise.

Staff Test Engineer Interview

interviewed at Broadcom in April 2013.

Found the position from Indeed, Dice or Linkedin. Created an account and submitted resume through Broadcom's Career web page. After a week later, HR contacted me to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • No technical question at all. I was surprised that the lady manager kept asking me that why I did not get promoted at my them position.   Answer Question

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2014.

1 hour phone interview
    1 full day of interviews of 45-60 minutes.
    both interviews were about professional technical stuff.
    everybody were very nice, introduced themselves,and spoke about that they are doing.
    The day interview was extremely grueling , you are interviewed by a lot of engineers, some of the questions tend to repeat them self.
    All interviewers were very professional and kind.

Interview Questions
    • one of the interviewers got really detailed about system verilog constrained randomization process   Answer Question
    offer was a set number, but the signup bonus could be negotiated. and i got extra.

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!