Broadcom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Software Development Interview

Senior Manager Software Development
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2010.

Interview Details – Techinical, Behavioral mostly. Be prepared to code and troubleshoot in software interviews.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2014.

Interview Details – Directly onsite: As I already had 3+ exp in Netwoking Industry
Was interviewing for Data Center Asic group
5 (1-1) technical Interviews:
1. Difference between C and scripting Languages
2. No of 1's in a number
3. Replacing bits in a 32 bit number
4. Programming question where I had to use offset macro
5. How does a packet traverse in a switch (describe various tables used)
6. Semaphore implementation
7. How does a switch decide if to switch / route the packet (MYMAC and Ip address)
8. ARP, ICMP working
9. static keyword use

Lot of focus on Networking and OS, overall good experience and folks were good to talk with.

Interview Question – how does semaphores work on multi-core machines   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Initial communications were handled by the recruiter. I had two on-site interviews. The first one was for an hour and the second one was a longer one. For each of the steps in the process my availability was taken into complete consideration. The general work-place and culture was appealing.

Interview Question – All the questions were resume based. There were other general logical & analytical questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – It took 3 weeks for the process. The HR emailed me for dates and I was told that there would be a technical phone interview on data structures, algorithms. I had two back-to-back one hour technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code for one question and submit it later. I was asked questions on hash map, heaps, computer architecture etc.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult   Answer Question

ASIC Design Intern Interview

ASIC Design Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – 1 over phone, then onsite after 3 weeks. 6 rounds, and half hour for each. people there are really nice. Love there very much

Interview Question – no many hard questions. Based on resume.   Answer Question

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Staff II IC Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Phone interview
3 face to face interviews

Interview Question – Corner case verification in FSM.   Answer Question

Product Line Management Intern Interview

Product Line Management Intern
Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The phone interviews were short and mostly were about the tasks associated with the position and what I listed on my resume. The in-person interview was one-on-one with three separate interviewers. The questions covered the classes I've taken, my research experience, and experience using lab equipment. They also asked if I knew about RF or signal processing, but I hadn't taken any classes in those areas.

Interview Question – Difference between structures and unions in C programming. What will you do if you don't get this internship.   Answer Question

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Staff II IC Design Engineer

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – People ask the most fundamental part of circuit design to the interviewee. They do not deal with the most cutting edge technology but they intend to know if you are willing to learn a new perspective on this field. Generally the interview takes more than 6 hours including lunch, but not too much tough.

Interview Question – There was no such difficult trick in every question. Just not to try to answer if you do not know the exact answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – easy interview.. questions covered basic networking stuff ...np programming questions asked..over all interview process is easy.

Negotiation Details – negotiated with other offer in hand

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Broadcom in October 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me through linkedin. Scheduled 1st phone interview. Basic questions about System Verilog, OOP, coverage, most interesting bug that i had found, runt pkts, why seeking to work at broadcom. From my reply, interviewer got an idea that I was switching solely for money, i feel that was the reason i didnt hear back from them. I had answered most of the questions right.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom