Broadcom

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

ASIC Verification Engineer

Interview Details – 1. Divide clock by 3
2. Setup and hold time check, minimum clock period
3. Asynchronous FIFO(gray code, sync block)
4. Sync reset vs Async reset

Interview Question – SystemVerilog vs Verilog   Answer Question

ASIC Validation Intern Interview

ASIC Validation Intern

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews. And onsite with 5 round technicle interview

Interview Question – IQ questions   Answer Question

Bluetooth Intern Interview

Bluetooth Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2013.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview followed by on-site interview with three members of the team.
Not quite technical as they are new to hiring interns at that time and they may have found me not quite match.

Interview Question – No technical or coding questions   Answer Question

IC Design Interview

IC Design

Interviewed at Broadcom

Interview Details – I was selected by Broadcom because of my optical background. They need someone to involve in optical communication. The questions are pretty various, including C++ optical communication and IC design.

Interview Question – what's multi-mode fiber?   Answer Question

Digital IC Engineer Intern Interview

Digital IC Engineer Intern

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 onsite with 5 1 on 1 interview

Interview Question – Mostly focus on the projects on resume   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Sales Operation Analyst Intern Interview

Sales Operation Analyst Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – One quick phone call to initiate the process. Came in for an interview and met with two supervisory members of the team separately. They asked typical interview questions and nothing was out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Where do you see the semi-conductor industry in five years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2013.

Interview Details – 4 hour interview, mainly technical questions

Interview Question – Circuit design questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations for interns

SVT Engineer Interview

SVT Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Phone call and Onsite

Interview Question – how to swap 2 variables without a 3rd   Answer Question

IC Verification Interview

IC Verification
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication was fine and quickly followed up with 2 on-site interviews. One with the hiring manager and one with a technical team. What stood out in the technical interview was that only one of the three asked actual technical question and the other 3 just talked about their work and asked me about mine. Unfortunately the one real technical interview was primarily physical design which I had never worked on and was unrelated to the job I interviewed for. I was asked during the interview if I was married, had kids, how old and where they did go to school. Not one but two interviewers mentioned they didn't know they had any open positions. I suspect they didn't. There was no further communication after the interview at all from either the hiring manager or the recruiter.

Interview Question – Unexpected: Physical design questions in a logic verification interview.   Answer Question

Processor Verification Engineer Interview

Processor Verification Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2014.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews. Both had similar questions asked by different people

Pipeline, stages, hazards, how u avoid. How u implement these. Register forwarding implementation. Register renaming implementation. why not many stages in pipeline
retire time

cache LRU algorithm?
Cache sets and ways given. calc the cache size
Physical to VA translation!!
assembly knowledge? give psuedo code to reverse data in 8 byte reg

Second phone screen has almost similar questions.
Graphics related quesitons: explain various stages of GPU pipe
what happens
what's vertex/pixel

Interview Question – questions were asked from design point of view   Answer Question