Broadcom Interview Questions

3.1

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2014.

They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Intern-Serdes Test Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2013.

Two interviews. The first one was held by the manager, introducing the lab and instruments. After 2 or 3 days, the second interview includes 5 interviewers, asking about the basic circuit questions, filter, Fourier Transform, transmission line theory and some resume related questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

2 Telephone Interview. 1 face to face interview. Was interviewed by 7 persons. Covered all the topics from rtl to sta. They covered all the topics from verilog, rtl to sta. There were also some design compiler questions. Got my reply within 3 days after my interview.

Linux Testing Engineer Interview

Phone interview.
    10 minutes for job and company description; 20 minutes for asking school works and software testing knowledge . Nothing surprising.
    Is kind of entry level assistant work, for undergraduate student.

Human Resources Interview

Phone interview to guage employee strengths, describe job requirements and qualifications. This was followed by an in person interview with several rounds. Interviews were conducted by people at different positions.

Principal Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2011.

Phone interview screening and then I met 8 persons on site.
    A lot of technical questions based on my resume

I could increase my salary by 5k

Communication Systems Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2014.

Applied online. Received an email from hiring manager in 2 days. Set up telephonic interview the next day. I received email the same day asking my availability for onsite interview. Went onsite and was interviewed by 4 ppl (including lunch interview).

Hotel and travel arrangements were good. All the people I met were very friendly. Lunch interview was mostly non-technical and looked like behavioral testing.

Basics of communication system - Mainly concentrated on receiver section (synchronization, equalizer).
    OFDM, CP, Fading, HP filter, C code for FIR filter and other questions based on projects in resume.

My interview went very well. Unexpected was a reject email after 2 weeks.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed over phone.

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

1. Divide clock by 3
    2. Setup and hold time check, minimum clock period
    3. Asynchronous FIFO(gray code, sync block)
    4. Sync reset vs Async reset