Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

3.1

Sales Operation Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom.

One quick phone call to initiate the process. Came in for an interview and met with two supervisory members of the team separately. They asked typical interview questions and nothing was out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the semi-conductor industry in five years?   Answer Question

SVT Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Broadcom.

Phone call and Onsite

Communication Systems Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in April 2014.

Applied online. Received an email from hiring manager in 2 days. Set up telephonic interview the next day. I received email the same day asking my availability for onsite interview. Went onsite and was interviewed by 4 ppl (including lunch interview).

Hotel and travel arrangements were good. All the people I met were very friendly. Lunch interview was mostly non-technical and looked like behavioral testing.

Basics of communication system - Mainly concentrated on receiver section (synchronization, equalizer).
    OFDM, CP, Fading, HP filter, C code for FIR filter and other questions based on projects in resume.

My interview went very well. Unexpected was a reject email after 2 weeks.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in April 2014.

They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom.

Initial communications were handled by the recruiter. I had two on-site interviews. The first one was for an hour and the second one was a longer one. For each of the steps in the process my availability was taken into complete consideration. The general work-place and culture was appealing.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were resume based. There were other general logical & analytical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

It took 3 weeks for the process. The HR emailed me for dates and I was told that there would be a technical phone interview on data structures, algorithms. I had two back-to-back one hour technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code for one question and submit it later. I was asked questions on hash map, heaps, computer architecture etc.

ASIC Design Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

1 over phone, then onsite after 3 weeks. 6 rounds, and half hour for each. people there are really nice. Love there very much

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Broadcom.

Phone interview
    3 face to face interviews

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

People ask the most fundamental part of circuit design to the interviewee. They do not deal with the most cutting edge technology but they intend to know if you are willing to learn a new perspective on this field. Generally the interview takes more than 6 hours including lunch, but not too much tough.

Interview Questions
    • There was no such difficult trick in every question. Just not to try to answer if you do not know the exact answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

easy interview.. questions covered basic networking stuff ...np programming questions asked..over all interview process is easy.

negotiated with other offer in hand