Broadcom

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

3.1

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom.

Initial communications were handled by the recruiter. I had two on-site interviews. The first one was for an hour and the second one was a longer one. For each of the steps in the process my availability was taken into complete consideration. The general work-place and culture was appealing.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were resume based. There were other general logical & analytical questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

It took 3 weeks for the process. The HR emailed me for dates and I was told that there would be a technical phone interview on data structures, algorithms. I had two back-to-back one hour technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code for one question and submit it later. I was asked questions on hash map, heaps, computer architecture etc.

ASIC Design Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

1 over phone, then onsite after 3 weeks. 6 rounds, and half hour for each. people there are really nice. Love there very much

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Broadcom.

Phone interview
    3 face to face interviews

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

People ask the most fundamental part of circuit design to the interviewee. They do not deal with the most cutting edge technology but they intend to know if you are willing to learn a new perspective on this field. Generally the interview takes more than 6 hours including lunch, but not too much tough.

Interview Questions
    • There was no such difficult trick in every question. Just not to try to answer if you do not know the exact answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

easy interview.. questions covered basic networking stuff ...np programming questions asked..over all interview process is easy.

negotiated with other offer in hand

FW Video Codec Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Broadcom in March 2014.

I got a call after meeting an executive at the career fair and was then called at the site in Andover after a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • Since it was a FW job, I did not expect questions related to database. The job description is sometimes misleading   Answer Question

Processor Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in March 2014.

Two phone interviews. Both had similar questions asked by different people

Pipeline, stages, hazards, how u avoid. How u implement these. Register forwarding implementation. Register renaming implementation. why not many stages in pipeline
    retire time

cache LRU algorithm?
    Cache sets and ways given. calc the cache size
    Physical to VA translation!!
    assembly knowledge? give psuedo code to reverse data in 8 byte reg

Second phone screen has almost similar questions.
    Graphics related quesitons: explain various stages of GPU pipe
    what happens
    what's vertex/pixel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

1 hour phone interview
    1 full day of interviews of 45-60 minutes.
    both interviews were about professional technical stuff.
    everybody were very nice, introduced themselves,and spoke about that they are doing.
    The day interview was extremely grueling , you are interviewed by a lot of engineers, some of the questions tend to repeat them self.
    All interviewers were very professional and kind.

Interview Questions
    • one of the interviewers got really detailed about system verilog constrained randomization process   Answer Question
    offer was a set number, but the signup bonus could be negotiated. and i got extra.

Senior Staff Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Broadcom.

Start with phone interview , then got on-site.All technical questions , no personality, iq tests etc. phone interview again with director