Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Telephonic Round: Manager called and asked about my previous projects and what I was studying in that semester. After this I have 3 rounds for about 45 min each 1st: Manager asked questions related to MySQL, my academic projects and work experience. 2nd: Questions related to MySQL, Perl (How to fetch data from text files and generate report) 3rd: Team Lead interviewed me. Questions on Core Java, Data Structures and Algorithms (Basic not in depth), Php and HTML etc. Gave his laptop and asked to write some code for 4-5 questions(includes java, php and HTML,MySQL)

Interview Questions

• 1) Asked to implement a Stack 2) Asked to pull data from database and represent the data in line graph   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Process took two weeks phone interview tested the basics of networking Onsite interviews tested my networking and programming skills along with my linux skills Interview was good. 4 rounds of interview and took thirty - fourty minutes each

Linux Testing Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview. 10 minutes for job and company description; 20 minutes for asking school works and software testing knowledge . Nothing surprising. Is kind of entry level assistant work, for undergraduate student.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Phone interview to guage employee strengths, describe job requirements and qualifications. This was followed by an in person interview with several rounds. Interviews were conducted by people at different positions.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broadcom in May 2014.

Interview

Asked about projects on my resume. And then technical questions: 1,mismatching in layout: Prov is one contributor. (glitch?) 2,how to decrease power, dynamic and static (sub threshold), Why can use CMOS 3,logic design: change DFF in counter into TFF, then there are only three states. 00->01->11 4,how to minimize noise using CMOS 5,setup time and hold time, what does skew influence setup time and hold time 6,What factors influence system frequency. I answered setup time. 7,asked my project, size of whole layout os SRAM and final project in 477. 8,how to decrease delay, I answered using larger size. update: increase I, such as size, Vdd, logical effort, decrease load. pipeline , parallel

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

phone interview then onsite. I applied the position last May. Then the manager called me and asked some basic questions about my study. Most of the interview, I introduced myself. Then a week passed, the manager asked me onsite interview. Three people interviewed me. They were pretty nice.

Power Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

After the short phone interview, I got on-site interview opportunity. I met four engineers. It took 50 min each. After the 4 hour interview, the hiring manager and the director came to the conference room where I was and then we went out to have a lunch. The director payed for the lunch and we had a joyful time. But the result was not good...

Interview Questions

• One of interviews did not ask many question but only couple of questions that were very simple. The thing was that he would not want to talk with me for a long time. It seams like he felt annoying of this interview.   Answer Question

I am not sure....

DVT Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview for the Interns are not difficult. There are three interviewer. The manager and two engineers in that group. It took about three hours. The technical questions are basic, about RC circuits and signal processing, and also a couple of very basic programming questions. The manager asked some behavior questions. They prefer long-term interns.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer drew a simple RC circuit, then applied voltage on some components, asked you to draw the current curve.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed over phone.

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Divide clock by 3 2. Setup and hold time check, minimum clock period 3. Asynchronous FIFO(gray code, sync block) 4. Sync reset vs Async reset