Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

DVT Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview for the Interns are not difficult. There are three interviewer. The manager and two engineers in that group. It took about three hours. The technical questions are basic, about RC circuits and signal processing, and also a couple of very basic programming questions. The manager asked some behavior questions. They prefer long-term interns.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer drew a simple RC circuit, then applied voltage on some components, asked you to draw the current curve.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed over phone.

Interview Questions

Interview

1. Divide clock by 3 2. Setup and hold time check, minimum clock period 3. Asynchronous FIFO(gray code, sync block) 4. Sync reset vs Async reset

Interview Questions

Interview

2 phone interviews. And onsite with 5 round technicle interview

IC Design Interview

Interview

I was selected by Broadcom because of my optical background. They need someone to involve in optical communication. The questions are pretty various, including C++ optical communication and IC design.

Digital IC Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 onsite with 5 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly focus on the projects on resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

One quick phone call to initiate the process. Came in for an interview and met with two supervisory members of the team separately. They asked typical interview questions and nothing was out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the semi-conductor industry in five years?   Answer Question

SVT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Phone call and Onsite

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and get contract by recruiter after one week. One round of phone interview with hiring manager. He asked basic knowledge of Perl programming. After one week, get notice for onsite interview. The onsite interview has 6 rounds and 45 minutes each. Asked Perl questions and test plan creation.

Interview Questions

• How to count repeated words in a sentence using Perl? Create a test plan for a pen.   Answer Question