Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.1

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 onsite with 5 1 on 1 interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly focus on the projects on resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

IC Design Interview

Interview

I was selected by Broadcom because of my optical background. They need someone to involve in optical communication. The questions are pretty various, including C++ optical communication and IC design.

Sales Operation Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

One quick phone call to initiate the process. Came in for an interview and met with two supervisory members of the team separately. They asked typical interview questions and nothing was out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the semi-conductor industry in five years?   Answer Question

SVT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Phone call and Onsite

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

A director of technical interviewed me by phone. First he asked some detailed questions about my projects on resume, then he focused on the technique I implemented to optimize power consumption in VLSI SRAM design. So I replied and then he asked whether I was familia with scripting language like perl and the responsibility of that position.

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The questions are all nothing out of the ordinary. There are 6 rounds of interviews with each round lasting about 45 minutes. The interviews are a mix of previous job experiences related to what is on the resume and coding questions. Most of the questions will be on C coding since it is an embedded company.

Interview Questions

• write the mirror of a tree. LCA of a tree. Reverse lists.   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and get contract by recruiter after one week. One round of phone interview with hiring manager. He asked basic knowledge of Perl programming. After one week, get notice for onsite interview. The onsite interview has 6 rounds and 45 minutes each. Asked Perl questions and test plan creation.

Interview Questions

• How to count repeated words in a sentence using Perl? Create a test plan for a pen.   Answer Question

Communication Systems Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from hiring manager in 2 days. Set up telephonic interview the next day. I received email the same day asking my availability for onsite interview. Went onsite and was interviewed by 4 ppl (including lunch interview). Hotel and travel arrangements were good. All the people I met were very friendly. Lunch interview was mostly non-technical and looked like behavioral testing. Basics of communication system - Mainly concentrated on receiver section (synchronization, equalizer). OFDM, CP, Fading, HP filter, C code for FIR filter and other questions based on projects in resume. My interview went very well. Unexpected was a reject email after 2 weeks.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Initial communications were handled by the recruiter. I had two on-site interviews. The first one was for an hour and the second one was a longer one. For each of the steps in the process my availability was taken into complete consideration. The general work-place and culture was appealing.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were resume based. There were other general logical & analytical questions.   Answer Question