Broadcom

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.1

Software Programming Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

2 phone interviews and 1 onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic C programming questions, as well as explanation of PCP/IP protocol   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Broadcom in October 2013.

Recruiter contacted me through linkedin. Scheduled 1st phone interview. Basic questions about System Verilog, OOP, coverage, most interesting bug that i had found, runt pkts, why seeking to work at broadcom. From my reply, interviewer got an idea that I was switching solely for money, i feel that was the reason i didnt hear back from them. I had answered most of the questions right.

Analog Design Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

The interview process was fairly straightforward but thorough. One phone interview and then on site interview. Phone interview consisted of 8 questions of moderate difficulty on basic single stage amplifiers and step responses. On site interview was pretty intense from 9am to 3:15pm with 6 people not including HR. Questions included current mirrors (matching and sizing), basic PLL (stability), switched capacitor circuits(noise), ADC basics (aliasing, transfer functions), feedback (output impedance), OTA structures (slew rate, bandwidth), supply independent biasing etc. A good preparation textbook is "Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits by Behzad Razavi" and most of the questions had a form similar to end of chapter exercises and examples.

Interview Questions
    • Question about the integrated output noise due to switches in the feedback capacitor bank in a switched capacitor gain circuit.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

Phone interview from a senior engineering for one hour, asking questions regarding the resume and some basic circuit knowledge. One week later, an on-site interview for three hours.

Interview Questions
    • For a single balanced Gilbert mixer, analysis LO leakage to output.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Broadcom.

Phone Interview, First Interview, Second Interview, Third Interview, Dining Interview, Final Interview

Interview Questions
    • What were your expectations for the job and to what extent were they met?   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer Intern Interview

I applied on school career center website and then received an email about asking time to phone interview. After the phone interview appointment is set, I received a call from the HR. He asked me questions regarding class projects on my resume and what classes I have taken. The conversation lasted about 45 minutes.

Product Line Manager Interview

Tough position - Experience candidate required who's a go-getter.

Interview Questions
    • Expressing your self on the challenges you had and the outcome   Answer Question

Internship Interview

one round phone interview, several technical questions about 4G LTE techniques

Interview Questions
    • What multiple access technique is used for uplink in LTE standard?   Answer Question

Wireless Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Broadcom.

Phone Interview
    - tell me about yourself
    -Explain the wireless project
    -what is OFDM
    -wat is diversity
    -Explain blocks of Digital commnication
    -Wat is dB/dBm
    -which modulation is udes in UMTS
    -Explain QAM

Interview Questions
    • Explain the physical layer some technology which I hadn heard of . more advanced that phy layer of LTE/OFDM   Answer Question

Intern Interview