Broadcom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through website. Was contacted by HR representative, scheduled and in house interview with 2 managers. Quick interview, all behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Most questions asked about studies, future goals, etc.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2010.

Interview Details – One day interview, several engineers, 45m-1hr each

Interview Question – What is mean time before failure   View Answer

WLAN Test Intern Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Interview Details – It took 2 hours for this interview by 4 employers in this group. All of them focused on different ways, like technical question, resume thing and just chatting. The manager is very nice, leading us to visit the work place.

Interview Question – Be Asked questions about the courses I had just taken, as the fiber communication(this is unexpected).   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IC Design Intern Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call within 2 weeks. Had 2 phone interviews and one onsite interview of 3 rounds.

Interview Question – In the final round , I was asked some logic puzzle which was unexpected, I took some time but finally solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate with them, but I think you could it. But since it is an internship there wont be much difference in your pay.

Package Engineering Intern Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2013.

Interview Details – the position is chip failure test, the interview is on 1:00 in Building 2. And many people have lunch there. After the front desk asking, I was brought into a conference room to take the interview. 4 managers, each 30mins.

Interview Question – the basic materials question from the second manager   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Irvine, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the manager and he asked about the specific software the they use (people soft). It went well (I thought) but did not get the call.

Interview Question – He did not explained anything just paraphrased the questions.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – First I got a call from HR and general questions regarding the resume and how well you know Excel. Then I got an onsite call. Questions regarding my projects, basic design questions, draw cross sectional view of pmos, nmos and cmos and explain how it works.

Interview Question – How you do in parametric analysis in cadence   Answer Question

Hardware, Intern Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

Interview Details – First phone interview focus on resume and no technical question. One thing did not expect is a project 3 years ago, not prepared well. The irvine site prefer local residents. Now waiting for the on-site schedule. Take care of your junk mail to which the company mail may comes. Whole process is like 10 days.

Interview Question – one experience in resume from my bachelor degree 3 years ago   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2012.

Interview Details – Process was ok....

Interview Question – None.. they didn't really do into depth.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I worked through their company that did the hire. They are not great.

Intern At Broadband Group Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Broadcom in September 2012.

Interview Details – Received one phone interview, talked about the basic knowledge about signal processing and digital communication. Two days later, took the on site interview, and most of the questions focused on the modulation/demodulation and the structure of OFDM transmitter and receiver, the equalizer, and derived some basic detection method, and some basic questions about matlab and c++.

Interview Question – basic structure of OFDM transmitter and receiver   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom