Broadcom

3.1

67 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom.

First I got a call from HR and general questions regarding the resume and how well you know Excel. Then I got an onsite call. Questions regarding my projects, basic design questions, draw cross sectional view of pmos, nmos and cmos and explain how it works.

Hardware, Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

First phone interview focus on resume and no technical question. One thing did not expect is a project 3 years ago, not prepared well. The irvine site prefer local residents. Now waiting for the on-site schedule. Take care of your junk mail to which the company mail may comes. Whole process is like 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • one experience in resume from my bachelor degree 3 years ago   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

Applied online through website. Was contacted by HR representative, scheduled and in house interview with 2 managers. Quick interview, all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions asked about studies, future goals, etc.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in April 2013.

Phone interview first, then onsite interview, during the onsite interview, you have to prepare 30mins personal presentation. Then, Technical Question from all the team member

Software Drivers Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in April 2013.

I applied online. First round was an unannounced phone half-hour phone interview. Basic questions on SW and embedded systems. Questions included Java basics, hardware and software interrupts and how to handle them, a few behavioral questions.

2 weeks later, I was contacted by HR and scheduled an on-site interview. The on-site interview included half-hour 1:1 interviews with 4 engineers on the team. Most of them asked questions on my skills and projects mentioned on my resume.

They were friendly, described the position and what I would be doing. They were glad to answers any questions that I had regrading the team and the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific project from my resume in great detail, my contribution, difficulties faced.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate offer.

Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

Typical Hiring Process. One phone screen, and if everything goes smoothly, you get invited for onsite. After onsite, it takes about 2 weeks before getting a response. The onsite interview has about 7-8 interviews starting from 9:30 till 4/5pm. One hiring manager will take you out for lunch and ask you a few general questions. One person from HR asking you why you want to join and why you want to leave your current company. The rest of interviewers ask all technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of signal integrity issue you've seen before and how do you solve it.   Answer Question

WLAN Test Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

It took 2 hours for this interview by 4 employers in this group. All of them focused on different ways, like technical question, resume thing and just chatting. The manager is very nice, leading us to visit the work place.

Interview Questions
    • Be Asked questions about the courses I had just taken, as the fiber communication(this is unexpected).   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Broadcom.

Interview was over the phone - through an individual session with 5 different people (2 were managers). Lasted about 3 hours with each person asking technical questions about the subject of the internship and my previous projects/research experience.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate much with the intern salary

Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in February 2013.

Phone interview for 30 mins.
    Presentation 30 mins.
     10 people one by one interview, each one is 45 mins.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom.

Fairly standard process
    Most interviewers appeared competent and driven
    Would have preferred slightly more structure - most people asked similar questions