Broadcom Interview Questions in Irvine, CA

Updated Aug 31, 2015

3.1

Communication Systems Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from hiring manager in 2 days. Set up telephonic interview the next day. I received email the same day asking my availability for onsite interview. Went onsite and was interviewed by 4 ppl (including lunch interview). Hotel and travel arrangements were good. All the people I met were very friendly. Lunch interview was mostly non-technical and looked like behavioral testing. Basics of communication system - Mainly concentrated on receiver section (synchronization, equalizer). OFDM, CP, Fading, HP filter, C code for FIR filter and other questions based on projects in resume. My interview went very well. Unexpected was a reject email after 2 weeks.

Engineer, Staff I Software Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter first. After that, on site interviewer with six people. Spent about 30 minutes to an hour talking to each person.

Interview Questions

• I received a couple of unexpected questions that were tangents off of some work I had on my resume. I know you should always be prepared for questions about your resume but they asked some implementation details for projects that were fairly old that I had difficulty remembering.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Digital Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a on site interview with a lot of verilog based question. Lot of focus on architecture and flip flop based sytems

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

First interview was by phone which lasted around 40 minutes. From there they ask you to go on-site where for around 6 hours they grill you on brain teasers and technical questions. There were a few behavioral questions, but quite minimal. Overall you need to remember your material from classes and do some outside reading for preparation.

Interview Questions

• Endianness differences depending on which hardware and using cascading adders.   Answer Question

Product Line Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The phone interviews were short and mostly were about the tasks associated with the position and what I listed on my resume. The in-person interview was one-on-one with three separate interviewers. The questions covered the classes I've taken, my research experience, and experience using lab equipment. They also asked if I knew about RF or signal processing, but I hadn't taken any classes in those areas.

Interview Questions

• Difference between structures and unions in C programming. What will you do if you don't get this internship.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the manager and he asked about the specific software the they use (people soft). It went well (I thought) but did not get the call.

Interview Questions

• He did not explained anything just paraphrased the questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I interviewed at Broadcom in Irvine for IC Test Engineer - Intern position. The interview consisted of 5 people interviewing me back to back for half an hour each. I believe this was a very last minute position they had to fill up fast so they were really unorganized. They all asked me same questions back to back. They were also all over the place. Eventhough the position was for IC - CMOS Test Engineering, they were asking me control systems questions!

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between the left hand rule and the right hand rule in magnetics?   Answer Question

Package Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

the position is chip failure test, the interview is on 1:00 in Building 2. And many people have lunch there. After the front desk asking, I was brought into a conference room to take the interview. 4 managers, each 30mins.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA).

Interview

First I got a call from HR and general questions regarding the resume and how well you know Excel. Then I got an onsite call. Questions regarding my projects, basic design questions, draw cross sectional view of pmos, nmos and cmos and explain how it works.

Hardware, Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

First phone interview focus on resume and no technical question. One thing did not expect is a project 3 years ago, not prepared well. The irvine site prefer local residents. Now waiting for the on-site schedule. Take care of your junk mail to which the company mail may comes. Whole process is like 10 days.

Interview Questions

• one experience in resume from my bachelor degree 3 years ago   Answer Question