Broadcom

Updated Oct 6, 2014

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in April 2014.

They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Principal Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Referred by a friend and get recruiter within a week. mostly C/C++ questions like array of function pointers, return of (p++) etc. One algorithm question asked was "write a function to reverse a string".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in February 2012.

Phone interview then different face to face interviews with group members. It was all 1 on 1 interview. Then was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in July 2011.

Very Professional, Excellent HR process.

Interview was mainly focused on Domain knowledge. Some basic programming questions on linked list and binary trees.

Interview response was very prompt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Interview consisted of writing programs in C -for string sorting , factorial, basic logic questions

Interview Questions
    • Given a string and one storage variable how do you swap positions of the word?   Answer Question
    • Write a program to find factorial of a number   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom in January 2010.

My phone interview went well, mostly. I have been a Java programmer for years. The position was for a C++ programmer. I had done a few C++ projects, but really only engaged in those efforts after the libraries were built and design done. I was asked a rather obscure question that I thought would have dropped me from the running. But, later I was invited to fly out for an interview.

It turned out that they really liked me because I had deep understanding of a particular technology and technique area related to systems management that they needed.

Likewise, the onsite interview was gauntlet of technical questions, most of which I nailed. There were a few Microsoft like puzzle questions. But the first session was with the recruiter who told me about there novel bonus structure.

I was asked if I could work nights and weekends on occasions. I noticed during lunch onsite that there were only young people there. I got the distinct impression that they work their people hard with long hours and tough scheduled. I was warned of this possibility by this site. All of the people I had met were recent immigrants, which was only a curiosity to me.

It seems like the manager really wanted to hire me.

I interviewed with his boss, last session of the day. He described their architecture. I pointed out a rather significant flaw with the design. I should not have done that. Later, I was told I was not offered the job because the interview ended badly. Hmmm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom in July 2009.

To start witha recruiter scheduled a telephonic interview with a hiring manager who was himself a Sr. Principal engineer . The interview went for an hour.

The interview was difficult and looked like the interviewer seem to questions more based on his specific work domain experience. Mostly the questions were in embedded os concepts, C language, difference between C and C++, how C++ destructors get called and internal virtual pointers tables etc. Some deep questions on tcp/ip, windowing. Diffrence between tcp and udp. The interview was very technical.

Interview Questions
    • What is windowing in tcp/ip?   Answer Question
    • In C++ inherit, how are the destructors layed out in memory.? Some further digging on the virtual pointer tables.   View Answer