Broadcom

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2014.

Interview Details – They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview then different face to face interviews with group members. It was all 1 on 1 interview. Then was offered.

Interview Question – Linux kernel and C questions.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2011.

Interview Details – Very Professional, Excellent HR process.

Interview was mainly focused on Domain knowledge. Some basic programming questions on linked list and binary trees.

Interview response was very prompt.

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of writing programs in C -for string sorting , factorial, basic logic questions

Interview Questions

Irvine, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2010.

Interview Details – My phone interview went well, mostly. I have been a Java programmer for years. The position was for a C++ programmer. I had done a few C++ projects, but really only engaged in those efforts after the libraries were built and design done. I was asked a rather obscure question that I thought would have dropped me from the running. But, later I was invited to fly out for an interview.

It turned out that they really liked me because I had deep understanding of a particular technology and technique area related to systems management that they needed.

Likewise, the onsite interview was gauntlet of technical questions, most of which I nailed. There were a few Microsoft like puzzle questions. But the first session was with the recruiter who told me about there novel bonus structure.

I was asked if I could work nights and weekends on occasions. I noticed during lunch onsite that there were only young people there. I got the distinct impression that they work their people hard with long hours and tough scheduled. I was warned of this possibility by this site. All of the people I had met were recent immigrants, which was only a curiosity to me.

It seems like the manager really wanted to hire me.

I interviewed with his boss, last session of the day. He described their architecture. I pointed out a rather significant flaw with the design. I should not have done that. Later, I was told I was not offered the job because the interview ended badly. Hmmm.

Interview Question – A sorting algorithm question   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2009.

Interview Details – To start witha recruiter scheduled a telephonic interview with a hiring manager who was himself a Sr. Principal engineer . The interview went for an hour.

The interview was difficult and looked like the interviewer seem to questions more based on his specific work domain experience. Mostly the questions were in embedded os concepts, C language, difference between C and C++, how C++ destructors get called and internal virtual pointers tables etc. Some deep questions on tcp/ip, windowing. Diffrence between tcp and udp. The interview was very technical.

Interview Questions

• What is windowing in tcp/ip?   Answer Question
  • In C++ inherit, how are the destructors layed out in memory.? Some further digging on the virtual pointer tables.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom Principal Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.