Broadcom

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was based on program management skills, management in a matrix org and technical knowledge.

Interview Question – Give me a software and hardware issue example.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hunt Valley, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Broadcom in September 2010.

Interview Details – This firm recruits using both contractors and regular full time employees. I interviewed as a contractor. I was told that I had an excellent resume but then the 1:1 interview took less than 20 minutes. The interviewer seemed unfocused and distracted. This initial interview also did not bring in the actual account managers and project managers for the interview. It almost seemed like the position was filled after they scheduled the interview but didn't bother to cancel with me. Overall, it felt like a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2009.

Interview Details – Got into the interview process from search of LinkedIn, 1st phone interview was in mid May broad inquiry of topics and situational interviewing questions, 2nd phone screen w/ hiring manager was focused on characteristics of good & bad Pgm Mgrs and some on methodologies. At end June went for 1 round of internal / in-person interviews, some 1:1 & some panel - situational, methodology and logic tests - I answered honestly and received good feedback. They liked it when I said No when asked about something I dind't kno

Interview Question – 3 boxes, 2 w/ 1 type item each & 1 mixed, labels are wrong, you get 1 pick from 1 box - can you correctly determine the right labels with 1 pick?   View Answers (3)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Jose, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2007.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward - IF you are clear on everything you put on your resume. They grill you on every single thing thats on your resume. Other then that there were a lot of scenario type questions - how would you handle a customer that asks for something engn cannot deliver ?

Interview Question – describe how you would handle mktg when they make commitments to customers that engn cannot keep?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Broadcom is pretty bad about low balling on salary - they think the rsus and options should cover it. but stick to your point and make sure you get the base pay you deserve. Be polite but the first offer is by no means final.

Very Easy Interview

Program Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was very streamlined and I met with two very nice staff. The process to a total of three days and I was told that I had the job seven days later. The salary is excellent as well as the staff and location. You are rewarded for your handwork.

Interview Question – Why are you wanting to work here?   Answer Question

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!