Broadcom Program Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2012.

The interview was based on program management skills, management in a matrix org and technical knowledge.

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Anonymous Employee  in  Hunt Valley, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Broadcom in September 2010.

This firm recruits using both contractors and regular full time employees. I interviewed as a contractor. I was told that I had an excellent resume but then the 1:1 interview took less than 20 minutes. The interviewer seemed unfocused and distracted. This initial interview also did not bring in the actual account managers and project managers for the interview. It almost seemed like the position was filled after they scheduled the interview but didn't bother to cancel with me. Overall, it felt like a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2009.

Got into the interview process from search of LinkedIn, 1st phone interview was in mid May broad inquiry of topics and situational interviewing questions, 2nd phone screen w/ hiring manager was focused on characteristics of good & bad Pgm Mgrs and some on methodologies. At end June went for 1 round of internal / in-person interviews, some 1:1 & some panel - situational, methodology and logic tests - I answered honestly and received good feedback. They liked it when I said No when asked about something I dind't kno

Interview Questions
    • 3 boxes, 2 w/ 1 type item each & 1 mixed, labels are wrong, you get 1 pick from 1 box - can you correctly determine the right labels with 1 pick?   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2007.

Pretty straight forward - IF you are clear on everything you put on your resume. They grill you on every single thing thats on your resume. Other then that there were a lot of scenario type questions - how would you handle a customer that asks for something engn cannot deliver ?

Interview Questions
    • describe how you would handle mktg when they make commitments to customers that engn cannot keep?   View Answer
    Broadcom is pretty bad about low balling on salary - they think the rsus and options should cover it. but stick to your point and make sure you get the base pay you deserve. Be polite but the first offer is by no means final.

Program Manager Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2010.

The interview process was very streamlined and I met with two very nice staff. The process to a total of three days and I was told that I had the job seven days later. The salary is excellent as well as the staff and location. You are rewarded for your handwork.

Interview Questions

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!