Broadcom

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2013.

Interview Details – 4 hour interview, mainly technical questions

Interview Question – Circuit design questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations for interns

Senior Manager Software Development Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2010.

Interview Details – Techinical, Behavioral mostly. Be prepared to code and troubleshoot in software interviews.

Very Easy Interview

Wlan Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Broadcom in February 2013.

Interview Details – I have been called on my phone. And was asked to come onsite directly. Onsite interview experience was amazing and quite chilling . They started from my resume and asked me about my technical skills and few questions were about my projects. Interview asked me questions on networking protocols, CDMA and spread spectrum communications.

Interview Question – What is the difference between IP and TCP protocol?   View Answer

Systems Test Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

Interview Details – First Application
Then Phone Interview
More questions asked on Previous work experience
Need to know PERL for most of position
Good understanding of Broadcom products like WIFI bluetooth NFC

Interview Question – Question in Perl   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Interns no negotiation option

Intern Interview

Intern
San Diego, CA

Interview Details – telephone interview and then on site interview. 1 hour in telephone interview and 2.5 hours totally in on site interview. 5 interviewer and 0.5 hour each one. One interview asked something about course project, one asked something about intelligence, one asked about behavior and two asked about the work.

Interview Question – There are 25 cars and 5 lanes. The speed of the cars are not same but don't change. What's the less times race we can get the top 5 cars from the 25 cars.   Answer Question

IC Design Engineer Interview

IC Design Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Email me first to schedule a phone interview time.

Interview Question – Power dissipation. Clk design. Logic desig   Answer Question

IC Design Intern Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening (some questions on resume and mostly verilog questions) followed by onsite interview with 4 people (half hour each) general HR questions, state machine problem, timing related questions, verilog coding.

Interview Question – last round of interview was out of the blue.. was asked many questions about CPU Design and placement..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No window for negotiation

ASIC Design Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – onsite interview of 5 senior engineers

Interview Question – explain what is the best time (morning, afternoon or night) and place (beach, valley etc) could a hot-air balloon fly highest?
How is the structure of a concert theater ?
  View Answers (2)

Internship Interview

Internship
San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

Interview Details – I first got a phone interview, in which they asked questions about STA, verilog, layout, clock tree synthesis, and some brain teasers. On-site interviewers asked some basic verilog questions and more brain teaser.

Interview Question – An encryption problem designed to test your logic.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in October 2008.

Interview Details – Thourough and exhaustive. Folks were very knowledgeable in all aspects of the job requirement fields and one has to be thorough and well prepared to address deep and detailed questions and and answer questions in what-if scenarios. Many process based questions as well to ensure one will fit well within the organization.

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom interview questions and advice in San Diego, CA. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.