Broadcom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Staff Engineer Interview

Software Staff Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had initial phone screen back in June 2007. This was for their MPS division which works on cellular chipsets i.e. GSM/UMTS. Was invited to onsite interview. Had 4-5 interviews, all technical in nature. There was a written test as well with C programming questions. Was asked general questions about UMTS technology. Received offer and accepted.

Interview Question – How does the debugger work when setting a break point if it's a multi processor environment?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Applications Software Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Applications Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen interview, 2 rounds of in-office interview.
Very positive atmosphere, speaking with hiring manager and other engineers provides the full picture of the project and work environment.
Great new-hire orientation provided by professional HR personal, excellent on-time communication and pretty good offer signing bonus.
Great promotion benefits along with medical and other benefits.

Interview Question – SW process development diagram   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Telephone Interview. 1 face to face interview. Was interviewed by 7 persons. Covered all the topics from rtl to sta. They covered all the topics from verilog, rtl to sta. There were also some design compiler questions. Got my reply within 3 days after my interview.

Interview Question – some really good questions about my project   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Principal Firmware Engineer Interview

Principal Firmware Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview screening and then I met 8 persons on site.
A lot of technical questions based on my resume

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could increase my salary by 5k

Bluetooth Intern Interview

Bluetooth Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2013.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview followed by on-site interview with three members of the team.
Not quite technical as they are new to hiring interns at that time and they may have found me not quite match.

Interview Question – No technical or coding questions   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2013.

Interview Details – 4 hour interview, mainly technical questions

Interview Question – Circuit design questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations for interns

Senior Manager Software Development Interview

Senior Manager Software Development
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2010.

Interview Details – Techinical, Behavioral mostly. Be prepared to code and troubleshoot in software interviews.

Very Easy Interview

WLAN Engineer Interview

WLAN Engineer
San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Broadcom in February 2013.

Interview Details – I have been called on my phone. And was asked to come onsite directly. Onsite interview experience was amazing and quite chilling . They started from my resume and asked me about my technical skills and few questions were about my projects. Interview asked me questions on networking protocols, CDMA and spread spectrum communications.

Interview Question – What is the difference between IP and TCP protocol?   View Answer

Systems Test Interview

Systems Test
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

Interview Details – First Application
Then Phone Interview
More questions asked on Previous work experience
Need to know PERL for most of position
Good understanding of Broadcom products like WIFI bluetooth NFC

Interview Question – Question in Perl   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Interns no negotiation option

San Diego, CA

Interview Details – telephone interview and then on site interview. 1 hour in telephone interview and 2.5 hours totally in on site interview. 5 interviewer and 0.5 hour each one. One interview asked something about course project, one asked something about intelligence, one asked about behavior and two asked about the work.

Interview Question – There are 25 cars and 5 lanes. The speed of the cars are not same but don't change. What's the less times race we can get the top 5 cars from the 25 cars.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!