Broadcom

Updated Sep 19, 2014

3.2

32 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom in July 2014.

I was contacted by email with basic questions about my availability. Then I was Phone interviewed and asked basic logic question like bitwise operation on numbers. Last was on site interview. It was kind of informal about what I had did early mostly my projects. I was interviewd by my manager and 3 other engineers.

I didn't negotitate

Bluetooth Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in July 2013.

Simple phone interview followed by on-site interview with three members of the team.
    Not quite technical as they are new to hiring interns at that time and they may have found me not quite match.

Systems Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in May 2013.

First Application
    Then Phone Interview
    More questions asked on Previous work experience
    Need to know PERL for most of position
    Good understanding of Broadcom products like WIFI bluetooth NFC

Interns no negotiation option

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom in April 2013.

telephone interview and then on site interview. 1 hour in telephone interview and 2.5 hours totally in on site interview. 5 interviewer and 0.5 hour each one. One interview asked something about course project, one asked something about intelligence, one asked about behavior and two asked about the work.

Interview Questions
    • There are 25 cars and 5 lanes. The speed of the cars are not same but don't change. What's the less times race we can get the top 5 cars from the 25 cars.   Answer Question

4 hour interview, mainly technical questions

no negotiations for interns

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Applied online and got a request for a phone interview after a little over two weeks. The phone interview was technical, and asked to send him some C code that implemented the usual linked list operations (insertion, deletion). Also asked about my experience in wireless (BTW this was for a embedded wireless firmware job, for which the business doesn't exist anymore).

The on-site was done a week later, which is faster than normal (usually they're 2 weeks after the phone interview). About 6 people interviewed me, each an hour long. The schedule was a little dynamic since they were busy, so some scheduled interviewers were replaced by other engineers who were last-minute substitutions. This can rub some people the wrong way, as it can give a bad picture of the organization of the group, but if you take it in stride then you realize that it just gave you a picture of how hectic the group is at the moment, so you can take advantage of the situation by saying how good you are under stress :).

Interviews were all in-depth technical questions; no behavioral questions other than the first one with HR. Two gave me embedded C questions (what is volatile, what is static, describe characteristics of an RTOS, how do you set bits in an int). One gave me a brain teaser (the one where a bird flies between two oncoming trains, and calculate how far the bird flew). One asked me questions about wireless protocols (WCDMA, LTE), how does initial access work, what are the control channels, what information was in each control channel, etc. All of them looked at the resume (as if it was their first time!) and asked questions about the work I did, and to describe it to them. This is fair game; if it's on your resume, you'd better be able to defend that you did good work and were at one time an expert on it!

The last one was the hiring manager, who gave me a mathematical question and asked me to solve it. He walked out after five minutes, then came back and asked if I had the answer. I did not, but explained my plan of attack to give him a sense that I wasn't stumped, just trying different ways to solve it. I eventually did, but I was upset with myself that I didn't get it right away. He explained that he wanted to see how I did under pressure, and emphasized that the job will be stressful at times.

Interview Questions
    • Two trains are traveling towards each other at a certain closing speed and initial distance between them. A bird at another speed is flying from one train to another, turning around every time it reaches a train. How far does the bird fly before the trains collide?   View Answer
    The recruiter asked me what my present salary and bonus was (what unvested bonuses would I be giving up?), and one counter-offer was presented and basically met halfway.

No negotiation on the relocation package. I moved from the east coast, so it was a fairly costly move. For my package, only half the closing costs of my house were covered, and there was a cap on moving expenses and another separate cap for real-estate related expenses. If you have a long/big move, you will exceed that cap, so take this into account because you may incur substantial costs in relocation that you may not recover from even with future bonuses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

2 Telephone Interview. 1 face to face interview. Was interviewed by 7 persons. Covered all the topics from rtl to sta. They covered all the topics from verilog, rtl to sta. There were also some design compiler questions. Got my reply within 3 days after my interview.

WLAN Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

interviewed at Broadcom in February 2013.

I have been called on my phone. And was asked to come onsite directly. Onsite interview experience was amazing and quite chilling . They started from my resume and asked me about my technical skills and few questions were about my projects. Interview asked me questions on networking protocols, CDMA and spread spectrum communications.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between IP and TCP protocol?   View Answer

ASIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom.

onsite interview of 5 senior engineers

Interview Questions
    • explain what is the best time (morning, afternoon or night) and place (beach, valley etc) could a hot-air balloon fly highest?
      How is the structure of a concert theater ?

View Answers (2)

Systems Test Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Broadcom in May 2012.

I received an email , then telephonic interview.
    Interview was based on my resume and c++ questions

Interview Questions

I am only eligible for this position , if I am in the school