Broadcom Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Nov 1, 2014
Updated Nov 1, 2014

2.9

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter did first a phone screening. The hiring manager conducted another phone interview.
    After that invited to talk to 3-4 people from different groups. Sales, marketing and application.
    Last stage was a one on one interview with the hiring manager's super visor.

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

1 hour phone interview
    1 full day of interviews of 45-60 minutes.
    both interviews were about professional technical stuff.
    everybody were very nice, introduced themselves,and spoke about that they are doing.
    The day interview was extremely grueling , you are interviewed by a lot of engineers, some of the questions tend to repeat them self.
    All interviewers were very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• one of the interviewers got really detailed about system verilog constrained randomization process   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer was a set number, but the signup bonus could be negotiated. and i got extra.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

1 round interview, 4 hours, 5 interviewers with technical and behavior questions. Due to position reason, it is not hard to get offer.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

got referred by a friend. The Director interviewed on the phone for about an hour. Mostly about school projects and C++ questions. Then there was the onsite interview for about 4 hours. Each interviewer interviewed for about 45 min. Asked questions about FIFO, school projects, C++, Verilog, Perl.

Interview Questions

• Just some C++basics since I had not prepared C++ at all. Arrays and pass by reference and value.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no Negotiation, since it was my first internship

Intern IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

30 mins phone interview at first. Then take an on-site interview with 4 engineers. One of them asked me something about my background and available time. The other three are all technical interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How to design a counter to count the rising/falling edge of a signals; how to use RTL to realize I2C EEPROM protocol.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

1 phone interveiw and 1 onsite interveiw

Interview Questions

• None of the questions is difficult. They asked me to write a simple verilog code and a perl script.   Answer Question

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Focus on complete technology flow
    Lots of questions on timing/clock/power
    Used the white board to do some scripting for some critical bottle necks
    Lots of focus on IR related issues
    Questions on OCV and related issues

Interview Questions

• Overall ok . Didn't any one question to be very difficult   1 Answer

Negotiation

I never negotiated :(

Verification Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I got a phone interview for verification Intern with digital video tech team . Hiring manager asked me about my resume. Academic Projects . He started with some basic verilog stuff . Setup , hold . Divede by 2 , 3 ckt. then he jumped to system verilog Asserrtions , Interferance , mail box. Scoreboard. Code coverage , function coverage.

He took nice rreview of all my ASIC acadamic project . He grilled over the testbench . He gave a code of some 20 lines . and asked some line coverage questions.

I had my video encoder project on my resume . So he grilled over like 20 mins on motion estimation and its algorithm. After 2 weeks I got the offer .

Interview Questions

• Most difficult qquestion was the line coverge question. He also asked very detailed question on my project related to the test bench   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

talked about my projects
    asked about some elementary digital design knowledge, such as setup time and hold time, how to eliminate hold time

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Two people were there to interview me. Both very friendly and personable. The interview lasted only 30 minutes. We were in a small conference room on the first floor.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest fear?   1 Answer