Broadcom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2012.

Interview Details – Focus on complete technology flow
Lots of questions on timing/clock/power
Used the white board to do some scripting for some critical bottle necks
Lots of focus on IR related issues
Questions on OCV and related issues

Interview Question – Overall ok . Didn't any one question to be very difficult   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I never negotiated :(

IC Design Engineer Interview

IC Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2013.

Interview Details – got referred by a friend. The Director interviewed on the phone for about an hour. Mostly about school projects and C++ questions. Then there was the onsite interview for about 4 hours. Each interviewer interviewed for about 45 min. Asked questions about FIFO, school projects, C++, Verilog, Perl.

Interview Question – Just some C++basics since I had not prepared C++ at all. Arrays and pass by reference and value.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no Negotiation, since it was my first internship

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2013.

Interview Details – 1 round interview, 4 hours, 5 interviewers with technical and behavior questions. Due to position reason, it is not hard to get offer.

Interview Question – no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern IC Design Engineer Interview

Intern IC Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Interview Details – 30 mins phone interview at first. Then take an on-site interview with 4 engineers. One of them asked me something about my background and available time. The other three are all technical interviewers.

Interview Question – How to design a counter to count the rising/falling edge of a signals; how to use RTL to realize I2C EEPROM protocol.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interveiw and 1 onsite interveiw

Interview Question – None of the questions is difficult. They asked me to write a simple verilog code and a perl script.   Answer Question

Verification Intern Interview

Verification Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview for verification Intern with digital video tech team . Hiring manager asked me about my resume. Academic Projects . He started with some basic verilog stuff . Setup , hold . Divede by 2 , 3 ckt. then he jumped to system verilog Asserrtions , Interferance , mail box. Scoreboard. Code coverage , function coverage.

He took nice rreview of all my ASIC acadamic project . He grilled over the testbench . He gave a code of some 20 lines . and asked some line coverage questions.

I had my video encoder project on my resume . So he grilled over like 20 mins on motion estimation and its algorithm. After 2 weeks I got the offer .

Interview Question – Most difficult qquestion was the line coverge question. He also asked very detailed question on my project related to the test bench   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in November 2010.

Interview Details – Two people were there to interview me. Both very friendly and personable. The interview lasted only 30 minutes. We were in a small conference room on the first floor.

Interview Question – What is your biggest fear?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2011.

Interview Details – talked about my projects
asked about some elementary digital design knowledge, such as setup time and hold time, how to eliminate hold time

Interview Question – setup time hold time   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2009.

Interview Details – To start witha recruiter scheduled a telephonic interview with a hiring manager who was himself a Sr. Principal engineer . The interview went for an hour.

The interview was difficult and looked like the interviewer seem to questions more based on his specific work domain experience. Mostly the questions were in embedded os concepts, C language, difference between C and C++, how C++ destructors get called and internal virtual pointers tables etc. Some deep questions on tcp/ip, windowing. Diffrence between tcp and udp. The interview was very technical.

Interview Questions

• What is windowing in tcp/ip?   Answer Question
  • In C++ inherit, how are the destructors layed out in memory.? Some further digging on the virtual pointer tables.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom interview questions and advice in Santa Clara, CA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.