Broadcom

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2011.

Interview Details – One hour of phone interview, then a group interview (two people from a small group) two days later.

The coding quetion is about vilotal, writing code of pushing a node to a link list.

How to optimized the performance. However the technical area in this group does not directly match my past experience. They do not understand what I was doing.

Interview Question – write code about adding a node to a link list.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – apply through internal recommend

Interview Question – Normal question   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Number of round - 5, 2 - Telephonic round, 3- Face to face, phy layerayer question asked, L2 arhitecture questions asked, AM mode questions

Interview Question – brain teaser for 5 lanes asked   Answer Question

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2012.

Interview Details – First I was asked about my experience, complicate tasks I had to solve and methods of solving. So basically it was a conversation of two engineers: ways of solve this or that issues. After 1 hour of 1:1 conversation another engineer came. That was a skill test. Basic questions regarding embedded software development, locks, interrupts, priority inversion, ARM assembler semaphore operations; issues with multi-CPU systems.

Interview Questions

• ARM assember semaphore operation command. Show an example in assembler if this command was not provided.   View Answer
  • 2D maze general solution algorithm   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got more than expected, so I did not negotiate though it is possible as my future experience shows

Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Broadcom in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed with 3 different teams. All of them had at least 3 levels.I was stringed along for more than 60 days.For the second interview, my reference checks were done and I was told that I am getting an offer. Then for a week I was told that the manger is travelling and I will get an offer once he is back. Then finally it was like the manager changed his mind and is now looking for some other specific skill!
They again put me through another team, one of the interviews where done by a person probably of staff/senior level. This guy was very mean and started the interview with making fun of me for not getting through the previous interviews. He was laughing at me through out the interview and did not really agree to any of my answers.
Finally Broadcom decided that I do not have enough linux skills.

Little bit background on myself.
I have 10 years experiences in C, linux.
In my current job I have 2 best performer awards and two promotions in last 2 years.

Interview Question – So, you have almost talked to everyone in the building?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call from consultant regarding the opening in broadcom for SE/SSE engineer. My interview was scheduled after a week. They asked simple programming questions in C/C++. I have been told that I will get a call from HR. But no response later.

Interview Question – memory management,

semaphore
  Answer Question

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!