Broadcom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Staff Hardware Engineer Interview

Senior Staff Hardware Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with initial hiring manager and co-worker lasting about an hour each. After which I was invited to a day of on-site interviews with about 6 other team members and managers. The interview ranged from 50% technical to 40% informing me of the company. The technical portions were not too bad, and interviewers will look at your thought process more than look for a right answer. Hiring process was excellent, offers and benefits were clearly communicated and in a timely manner. Ample time was given to make decision and scheduling start date was very comfortable.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Its a tough question to answer especially if you're changing roles to some degree entering a new company. Its hard to know the culture and how you'll fit in. Whether you will want to pursue a managerial role or individual contributor. How you will want to expand your skill set and advance.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Compensation was tough. I personally was transitioning from one location to Silicon Valley. So I was looking to get cost of living increase based on what I thought was an appropriate multiplier. However offer came in 15% less that what I was expecting. After asking for something higher, I was given signing bonus of $5K, which really didn't over what I was looking for, but considering other relocation benefits provided plus potential for growth, I decided to take a chance. Advice would be to lock into an offer you like up front. Yearly review and adjustments take too long. Try to limit any commitment on relocation that ties you up for a couple of years.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom Senior Staff Hardware Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.