Broadcom

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Firmware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online and got a call from a hiring manager. He asked some basic background questions and we scheduled a technical phone interview. The phone interview had questions about my resume and basic C programming. Then they sent me some programming questions and asked me to write the code and sent back for evaluation.

Interview Question – Some about basic C language like static variable, function call etc. Also some quick programming question like Fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Staff Firmware Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – 5~6 ppl onsite interview. All technical questions. C, RTOS, date structure related. For example: reverse a linked list, what is semaphore.

Interview Question – Most questions are reasonable. What is interrupt? what is difference between inline function and macro? traverse a tree.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2012.

Interview Details – Referred by Employee. go 1-1 nonofficial interview first, then go for official interview. there are 3 interviewer at irvine and 3 at san jose. take about totally 3 hours. then after it is hr process. take a long time to know the offer and salary.

Interview Question – those are expected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First job no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom Staff Firmware Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.