Broadcom Staff Firmware Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Broadcom.

Submitted resume online and got a call from a hiring manager. He asked some basic background questions and we scheduled a technical phone interview. The phone interview had questions about my resume and basic C programming. Then they sent me some programming questions and asked me to write the code and sent back for evaluation.

Interview Questions
  • Some about basic C language like static variable, function call etc. Also some quick programming question like Fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Staff Firmware Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Broadcom.

5~6 ppl onsite interview. All technical questions. C, RTOS, date structure related. For example: reverse a linked list, what is semaphore.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are reasonable. What is interrupt? what is difference between inline function and macro? traverse a tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2012.

Referred by Employee. go 1-1 nonofficial interview first, then go for official interview. there are 3 interviewer at irvine and 3 at san jose. take about totally 3 hours. then after it is hr process. take a long time to know the offer and salary.

First job no negotiation

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!