Broadcom Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Updated Jun 13, 2015

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interview was casual and not very formal. I talked to 6 engineers and the manager. They did not ask a lot of technical questions but wanted to understand my working style. They focus more upon the teamwork spirits and the problem solving capability instead of the real technical details.

Interview Questions

• Some C++ details which I had a disagreement with one of the interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a phone conversation with the recruiter and that settle it. I did not ask too much.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Process took two weeks phone interview tested the basics of networking Onsite interviews tested my networking and programming skills along with my linux skills Interview was good. 4 rounds of interview and took thirty - fourty minutes each

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Intern Position. Hired to Mobile and Wireless Group. Was asked about Bluetooth technologies, 802.11, etc.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The interview was in 2004 when the Broadcom culture was much better. It was more of a panel interview, and a "get to know" your personality and skills. A human factor was important. I can imagine the new hires may be only knowledge based, and not so much with having a good personality.

Interview Questions

• I was given a riddle to solve by one of the Senior Engineers. He had me stomped for quite some time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Broadcom will probably try to low ball you at first, so try to negotiate. Especially if you are currently employed.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very professional. Interviewed with at least 6 people - very through technical review

Interview Questions

• Very detail questions got to know your stuff well. Phase noise requirements in WCDMA   1 Answer

LTE Mobile Test Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of technical Interview over phone.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience that help in performing the assigned tasks.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interview - Technical in concerns to Program Management skills and processes. Multiple interviews and several different returns for face-to-face interviews. Questions both about the technical skills and personality - how I would deal with others. Work Culture - open, inclusive, meritocracy. People are willing to work and help others.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply a new process that you just learned to the delivery process of a program.   Answer Question

Senior Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

One of their recruiters got in touch with me on linkedin. They were looking for someone with device driver background. After a few emails back and forth, they decided to bring me in their office instead of the regular phone screening. Initially I was told that this was still a screening process before the actual interview. I thought it was strange to have a screening process that lasted 5 hours. The questions were fairly generic like how do you reverse a linked list, dma vs io etc. There weren't any trick questions. They were all nice people but I felt there was a disconnect between them and the recruiter that was arranging the interview. Some of them didn't know what position I was interviewing for. I was under the assumption that I will be called for the next round of interview and then the recruiter called me and said that they are extending an offer to me. I was surprised at the turn of events but relieved that I didn't have to repeat the same things again for another few hours. The offer they extended me was probably good in market value, but they were barely able to match what I was making in terms of base salary. Their USP seems to be the restricted stock that they offer people. It would have been a nice match for me except that I got an offer in an early stage startup which promised me much better equity(Apples and oranges again). Overall, the experience was highly positive.

Interview Questions

• What was the toughest problem I faced and how did I approach it.   Answer Question

The difference in offer was not enough for me to make the transition as well as I had another offer in an early stage startup.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had one phone interview. The phone conversation was 60 minutes long. The interviewer asked me thorough questions about my academic projects, resume and programming skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The position was intern level and I thought the salary was suffecient.