Broadcom

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very friendly and a good interview experience. Manager was nice and did not exhaust during interview. The interview was in a friendly manner usually with casual talk rather than technical talk.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview Details – The interview was in 2004 when the Broadcom culture was much better. It was more of a panel interview, and a "get to know" your personality and skills. A human factor was important. I can imagine the new hires may be only knowledge based, and not so much with having a good personality.

Interview Question – I was given a riddle to solve by one of the Senior Engineers. He had me stomped for quite some time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Broadcom will probably try to low ball you at first, so try to negotiate. Especially if you are currently employed.

Irvine, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in December 2010.

Interview Details – They contacted me via email, found my resume. I called them on my way home from a contract job I had in Holland for six months. Set up everything and flew out there for overnight. Was from 8am to 5:30pm all day, we did do lunch. I met with mostly managers of different groups. One girl knew a lot of the people I did at Teradyne. Did well I thought and the HR guy mentioned salary. So the 4 guys I was with at lunch, the leader of the team was very obnoxious and very full of himself. He made fun of a couple former interviewees in front of me and had some off-handed joke about how I better not be like that. He then went on to say his company was acquired by Broadcom and how great they were to have them. It was embarrassing really and I had no interest after that. The HR guy never even called me with a denial, letter, nothing. I thought that was pretty unprofessional and surprising people like these have a job at all.

Interview Question – An intricate software question regarding solving different math problems.   View Answer

Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Interview Details – Went through campus interview first. Nice and friendly people. Was invited to irvine for a day interview.
Very professional admin stuff. They have their own travel department who issued tickets. Was very nice to let me stay in LA for a week (without hotel obvs). Hotel was excellent, preferential treatment with free parking, internet and room service credits.
The interviews in Irvine HQ was with 7 people!!!!!!!
Lots of repeat questions, not entirely sure what more they get out of the person compared to 3 45 min interviews besides the ability to handle coffee. Interviewers very friendly though, half chat half technical questions.
In the end, it was an amazing company but a very disappointing position. Seems to be geared for nerdier people who want to settle and have no entrepreneurial aspirations or competitive drive. Average time to manager role: 10 years.

Interview Question – Given Vcc and 2 capacitors A and B in series to ground, what is the voltage in between   View Answers (4)

Beijing, Beijing (China)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2011.

Interview Details – First with Phone call interview, asking me about the knowledge of smart cellphone, operation system and the using skills. Second face-face interview include English reading test and professional questions, such as signal process. I cannot know everything as a student, but i will present what I've known

Interview Question – what smart phone systems are   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I can do over-whelmed challenge since I am young with full energy, I can make much efforts as I can

Interviews for Top Jobs at Broadcom

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Broadcom Test Engineer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Broadcom employees and interview candidates.