Broadcom

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Broadcom.

The interview was in 2004 when the Broadcom culture was much better. It was more of a panel interview, and a "get to know" your personality and skills. A human factor was important. I can imagine the new hires may be only knowledge based, and not so much with having a good personality.

Interview Questions
  • I was given a riddle to solve by one of the Senior Engineers. He had me stomped for quite some time.   Answer Question
Broadcom will probably try to low ball you at first, so try to negotiate. Especially if you are currently employed.

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Test Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom in January 2013.

Very friendly and a good interview experience. Manager was nice and did not exhaust during interview. The interview was in a friendly manner usually with casual talk rather than technical talk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom in December 2010.

They contacted me via email, found my resume. I called them on my way home from a contract job I had in Holland for six months. Set up everything and flew out there for overnight. Was from 8am to 5:30pm all day, we did do lunch. I met with mostly managers of different groups. One girl knew a lot of the people I did at Teradyne. Did well I thought and the HR guy mentioned salary. So the 4 guys I was with at lunch, the leader of the team was very obnoxious and very full of himself. He made fun of a couple former interviewees in front of me and had some off-handed joke about how I better not be like that. He then went on to say his company was acquired by Broadcom and how great they were to have them. It was embarrassing really and I had no interest after that. The HR guy never even called me with a denial, letter, nothing. I thought that was pretty unprofessional and surprising people like these have a job at all.

Interview Questions
    • An intricate software question regarding solving different math problems.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Broadcom in April 2010.

Went through campus interview first. Nice and friendly people. Was invited to irvine for a day interview.
    Very professional admin stuff. They have their own travel department who issued tickets. Was very nice to let me stay in LA for a week (without hotel obvs). Hotel was excellent, preferential treatment with free parking, internet and room service credits.
    The interviews in Irvine HQ was with 7 people!!!!!!!
    Lots of repeat questions, not entirely sure what more they get out of the person compared to 3 45 min interviews besides the ability to handle coffee. Interviewers very friendly though, half chat half technical questions.
    In the end, it was an amazing company but a very disappointing position. Seems to be geared for nerdier people who want to settle and have no entrepreneurial aspirations or competitive drive. Average time to manager role: 10 years.

Interview Questions
    • Given Vcc and 2 capacitors A and B in series to ground, what is the voltage in between   View Answers (4)

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Broadcom in February 2011.

First with Phone call interview, asking me about the knowledge of smart cellphone, operation system and the using skills. Second face-face interview include English reading test and professional questions, such as signal process. I cannot know everything as a student, but i will present what I've known

Interview Questions
    I can do over-whelmed challenge since I am young with full energy, I can make much efforts as I can